dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,141 through 1,160 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Today, I planed some western cedar from a old shed that was torn down to make some signage. Then I trimmed out two windows and started griding a concrete floor to be stained at the end of the week.

Clev08
    Pro

Today I glued down a bunch more tile, and even got some glue on one of my socks. Luckily it only took two steps for me to realize it was sticking to the tile, and it cleaned off pretty easily.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I glued down a bunch more tile,

That tile looks pretty good. Nice job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@JimDaddyO haha yeah , it’s more of prep and then cleaning up that takes time also ,
    All the little miscellaneous stuff before and after , yeah I hate painting with ceiling fans , I either just remove the blades and top cap to have easier time painting , or remove it completely if I have work to do with plastering on the ceiling.

Clev08
    Pro

That tile looks pretty good. Nice job.

Thanks,It’s my first time installing this type of flooring. So far there’s only one piece I will have to take up, it looks like a piece of debris got under it because in the light you can see a little hump in the floor.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So far there’s only one piece I will have to take up, it looks like a piece of debris got under it because in the light you can see a little hump in the floor.

That sometimes happens but an easy fix. Watch that glue this time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Sometimes you can put a block of wood over the bump and smack it with a hammer. It will probably go down. If not then remove it like you was planning to do.

Made a few stainless steel pool brackets for the hand rail and the ladder , just have to drill a bolt down hole in the bottom , and drill and tap on the side of them , this should be interesting ,
    I’ll get some pictures of them tomorrow.

put up drywall and plywood

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

All the little miscellaneous stuff before and after , yeah I hate painting with ceiling fans , I either just remove the blades and top cap to have easier time painting , or remove it completely if I have work to do with plastering on the ceiling.

Yup, took the blades off the fan. Took several lights down too. Took trim down, then the job got bigger. It turned into painting the walls in the kitchen too. Move the fridge and stove. Take off light switch and recepticle covers…more yada yadas. Done now except putting a bit of trim back after everything is dry. Gotta make up some new trim for the wife’s new ideas.

I spent 3 hours on the lawn tractor today rolling the neighbours lawn too. My butt was asleep by the time I was done.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Cleaned the shop and worked on a couple of hammers.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Made a few stainless steel pool brackets for the hand rail and the ladder

That sounds nice. Stainless can be tough to bend.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yup, took the blades off the fan. Took several lights down too. Took trim down, then the job got bigger. It turned into painting the walls in the kitchen too.

Sounds lie restoring a car, you do one thing and before you know you have a big pile of pieces on the floor.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

Finished laying the floor last night, this morning I will grout it, throw down some baseboard, and then we get our kitchen back! Woo Hoo!

@theamcguy definitely , but these were just brackets for holding down the ladder and handrail , the white one is what they sell at the pool supply , it’s aluminum casting , only lasts a few years before it’s just disintegrates , these should be here well after I’m gone lol , just have to buff them up a bit , they will have a hole in the bottom inside to bolt them down to the cement platform , and I’ll drill through the thin one right through , but the thicker one will get tapped like the white one

@JimDaddyO wow Jim you have been busy , I’m sure your better half is happy , that’s what is important 👍 keep up the good work

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Those 2 bracket looks like tig welded.
    Stainless?

Those 2 bracket looks like tig welded.

Stainless?

Yes they are , the bigger one is fused The small one is welded around , both extremely solid

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but the thicker one will get tapped like the white one

Man those are really nice and should look great and last a lifetime.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Putting finish on the trim I made. Cove molding. Cut the lawn, serviced the mower and sharpened the blade, fiddled with getting the kitchen window back together after the paint job. Odd job day, more of the same tomorrow.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,141 through 1,160 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.725 seconds