dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

@theamcguy @Boschmanbrian
    Stain at this point is out of the question. He has the 2 end cases sprayed with lacquer. That was mistake #2… put a finish on those before he stained the 3rd. Mistake #1 was his rush to get them done so he could unpack some boxes from his move to this house. And the oops mistake…. not completely and continuously keeping the stain stirred for the 1st 2 cases. After it sat and was completely stirred for the 3rd the pigment ratio was higher

My suggestion: Trim it out and call it done. If anyone notices or asks about it… say it was planned and follow up with a BS story about why LOL

..or, Finish it and use it elsewhere as a stand alone case and build another for the alcove. OH, and buy a new can of stain and do a test piece first

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

If anyone notices or asks about it

Tell him I didn’t notice 😀

Or whoever asks, tell them that’s the design

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got all my planes sharpened today. Ready for action.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I made a few coasters.
    I oiled them so I’ll have some pics tomorrow.

@Sprokitz lol , that’s funny , I’m sure it will be very nice when all said and done ,
    Tell him we think he did a kick @$$ job

I finished all the installation of the last bulbs from the supplier , still having issues , it’s been years that they never wanted to update the dwgs because of expense , but now it’s coming back to bite them in the behind lol.
    Hopefully one day they will listen to us shop floor people who actually have hands on experience with the actual product , and realize that we sometimes have great feedback and input 🙄 , nah that probably won’t happen lol.
    Anyway I told my supervisor and engineering that they should make an extra TF and send it to the supplier so he can actually make the bulbs to our specifications 🤷‍♂️

I’m taking the day off tomorrow , anyway , The vaccum is doing what it needs to do for the weekend.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

, I’m sure it will be very nice when all said and done ,
    Tell him we think he did a kick @$$ job

Thanks, I’ll tell him. He emailed today, this is what he’s doing to step away from the cases. Says he needs to do another wall… has more he wants to hang and can then better organize

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My suggestion: Trim it out and call it done. If anyone notices or asks about it… say it was planned and follow up with a BS story about why LOL

This would be my suggestion as well. Looks modern.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep, just say it was planned sounds good to me.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Sprokitz WOW that’s coming along nicely , great idea , nice selection of tools , how is he like that Ryobi brad nailer , I bought one and like it , especially for the price , I’m thinking about those Ryobi lights he’s got , I like how he used the magnet strip for the misc stuff 👍

I’m not working today , took it off , going to finish dethatching the front yard , then might take a trip to Home Depot

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

how is he like that Ryobi brad nailer , I bought one and like it , especially for the price ,

As far as I know he likes the nailer, it does what he needs it to do.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got the top for the cabinet milled up and about 1/2 of it glued and is in clamps now.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

It was a long day of meeting with customers (potential aswell as signed contract) to keep eachother up-to-date with how the construction and renovation industry is here on town and try to manage everyone’s expectations.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got the top for the cabinet milled up and about 1/2 of it glued and is in clamps now.

Looks like that project is coming along nicely.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Waiting for the mobile tire change guys to show up , I did both of the other cars last weekend , but my wife’s car her tires are not on separate rims.
    After that , I may attempt to get the pool ready

Tires are finished , now going to work on the pool , just used my drone to look and see if we lost any shingles from the other night when it was extremely windy. Looks good , nice to be able to use the drone for this.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

My #7 screws came in so I got the drawers fitted and installed today. They always make me anxious. One of those mental block things. I got the top for the cabinet out of clamps today too and did a coved edge on it and a bunch of sanding. Still more sanding to do but I did wet it down to get a photo of it with the colours coming out.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Waiting for the mobile tire change guys to show up

Wow never knew they had those. Sounds convenient for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy yes it is , they usually have a cub truck or a pick up pulling a trailer , some have bigger 6 wheelers , they all have a compressor and the tire machine and balance machine , extremely convenient and fast , pretty much the same cost as the garage

Got the pool up and running , just going to balance the chemicals today before starting the heater , going to probably make 4 pool plates out of stainless for the ladder and railing , mine finally failed , salt water and aluminum don’t go together lol.
    I’ll take the measurements today , and hopefully I can get them made this week if I have time in the shop.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

My #7 screws came in so I got the drawers fitted and installed today. They always make me anxious. One of those mental block things. I got the top for the cabinet out of clamps today too and did a coved edge on it and a bunch of sanding. Still more sanding to do but I did wet it down to get a photo of it with the colours coming out.

They look gorgeous!
    Wipe-on poly?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Wipe-on poly?

Nope, just sprayed it with some water to bring out the colour. Raised the grain too for final sanding.

Today I am brewing up a (mineral) oil and (bees) wax food safe finish for it.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

…..and after lots of sanding. I got the oil and wax finish put on it.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.616 seconds