dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Fortunately, in Minnesota construction was deemed a critical industry so we can still work. We have three basements, a spec house and a few other small jobs going on to wrap up.

Man that is a nice work line-up. Glad to see you are going strong.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am spending more time in my home office, so I am adding a couple of full extension drawers to my old steel battleship of a desk, for electronic project stuff and printer paper, if nothing else I can access the back of the storage better now.

Will

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I am spending more time in my home office, so I am adding a couple of full extension drawers to my old steel battleship of a desk, for electronic project stuff and printer paper, if nothing else I can access the back of the storage better now.

Any particular device for those finger joints?

Busy day , dethatched the backyard , and put all the dead grass behind the fence to act as a mulch to keep the weeds down behind the fence and the forest behind me , then changed the snow tires to the summer tires , also fixed up a support for one of the posts on the fence at the back , I think I’ll have to replace around 8 to 10 6×6 posts. Might choose metal post and cap it in wood. Not sure yet.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Milled up a bit of wood for some trim. Milled up a board for the towel rack in the bathroom my wife is painting. Then got the neighbours lawn tractor started. She was thinking it needed a new battery. I just turned the key until the battery went right flat, then charged it 5 times or so and the battery seems to be coming back. Tractor hasn’t been run since last fall, so I figured the battery just needed a few cycles to get it to come alive again. We’ll see how it works out in the long run.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Today was a work from home day to help out with the kids. Still managed to sneak some work in and got this shoe nook mostly finished. Hopefully when the little one goes to bed I can finish up the last riser and baseboard

Looks great , I actually did that same thing at our other house , great idea , looks good.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Busy day , dethatched the backyard , and put all the dead grass behind the fence to act as a mulch to keep the weeds down behind the fence and the forest behind me , then changed the snow tires to the summer tires , also fixed up a support for one of the posts on the fence at the back , I think I’ll have to replace around 8 to 10 6×6 posts. Might choose metal post and cap it in wood. Not sure yet.

Are you sure you have 6 x 6 posts for that fence?
    Maybe 4 x 4 ?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I finally have some time to do something inside my own house, changed out 28 recessed light to new dimmable LED trim kit. Those are pretty easy to do, the harder part was to cut/pry open the original trim from the ceiling due to poor mud/paint job by past owners to roll the white paint onto the white trim.

@Sorpa yeah well actually it’s 5 1/2 hahaha. Yeah it’s 6×6 posts. I have the original bill from way back when the original owner had it installed. 11 grand 😮🤯 , I’ll just get someone to replace the posts , I’ll do the rest lol , with my bum shoulder , I don’t think I have the energy to replace the 6x 6 posts. But the rest I can handle.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I finally have some time to do something inside my own house, changed out 28 recessed light to new dimmable LED trim kit.

Man that’s a lot of light fixtures, but it probably feels better to have them all done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@boschmanbrian

11 grand for a fence it is a lot of money.
    And I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fence with 6 x 6 as posts. Porches are made with 4 x 4. Very rare with 6 x 6.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Down here the fence post size depends on type and height of fence. Gate posts are 4×6 minimum regardless. They will let you get by with 4×4 posts if the fence is less than 6′ height, posts are spaced a maximum of 48″ apart and the fence has 50% or more flow through. Otherwise bigger posts or closer together or both.

Are the posts set in concrete 1/3 length of the posts? That’s hard digging. Might be easier to leave in place or cut flush with ground and just set new posts in between each existing pair.

@Sorpa yeah it’s expensive , I wouldn’t have paid that much for the fence , but it was already here and done , it is nice and private , it is kinda rare to see 6x for fence posts to. I think they probably had the fence done first then the land and grass , just because you can’t really see the cement in the ground unless you dig down a few inches , I think that doesn’t help either with the rot and draining 🤷‍♂️

I wish I could do something in my shop. Stay at home order in WI keeps me at home and away from the cabin workshop. Another year or so from retirement when the cabin is where I intend to spend most of my time. Sorry for the rant as I know everyone is in some way messed up with this pandemic. The order here is until May 26th.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

It’s barely warm enough to get the trim on the top of the drawers glued on. Just hiding the edge of the plywood. I need more clamps.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stay at home order in WI keeps me at home and away from the cabin workshop.

That’s a doggone shame. You’d have plenty of time to get a lot done. 🙁

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Some digging and chopping for yard work. Getting the gardens re-arranged to my wifes new plan.
    I spent some time sanding all the wood handles on the garden tools, axe, shovels, rakes, and then putting a coat of BLO on them. Maybe sharpen them up over the next couple of days depending on the weather.
    Construction on the potatoe bin is on hold for a little bit until I get some screws I ordered for the drawer slides. Odd size, a #7 screw it calls for. I have lots of #6 and #8 but they won’t work. Makes me wonder why they went with an odd size instead of making them for a common size.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Took thee day off from my regular “jobsites”. Took care of a bunch of paper work and quotes (although not sure when we’ll be able to do the work) aswell as did some clean up of the garage and trailers. It’s amazing how much left over materials one can stockpile assuming it will be used someday lol

Also got my dump trailer all emptied out so I can get one of the gates re-welded.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

It’s amazing how much left over materials one can stockpile assuming it will be used someday lol

Tell me about it 😀

Finishing up the last run of bulbs , then putting on the last few I have from the supplier on the manifold , supposed to go help with the respirators , they are having problems with the first batch 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.295 seconds