dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author

@ChadM wow , that is a good size lot , should keep you busy for a while , any older buildings or sheds on the lot.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@ChadM wow , that is a good size lot , should keep you busy for a while , any older buildings or sheds on the lot.

Yeah, there is a 20×20 garage that was probably built in the 1950’s, a 20×28 barn built in the 1990’s, a 40×40 barn probably built in the early 1980’s, and a 24×24 garage built in 2012. Farther into one of the fields is an old stone foundation for, I presume, an older barn that was there at one time.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

@ChadM wow that’s a few buildings , did you find anything strange or interesting inside , or were they pretty much gutted , obviously I assume there is no power to them , will you be keeping them up ,or will you eventually take them down.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@Boschmanbrian the only building that does not have power ran to it is the largest barn. Nothing worth mentioning inside any of them.

All of the buildings are in good shape and I plan on keeping them. The big barn has some stalls inside that need small repairs and that is about it except s coat of paint on both barns.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I had to make some hooks in the laundry room.
    Nothing fancy, some 2 x 4 planned/flattened with hand planes, white paint and that was it.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I took the old metal frame that my wood splitter came in, clad it with some old 2 x 6 I had lying around. Now it’s a planter box.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@ChadM nice , do you have or planning on getting some horses eventually , what are your plans for those buildings , are they to far away from the main house for something like a shop or something

@Sorpa
    nothing wrong with simple , sometimes that’s all we need ,
    Looks good 👍

@JimDaddyO
    that’s a great idea and way to repurpose other materials and stand’s.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@Boschmanbrian the 24×24 garage is going to be my shop, the 20×20 garage will for some tool overflow lol, my wife’s car, and my motorcycles,the 20×28 barn will be storage for larger equipment like scaffold, cement mixer, etc, riding mower, small backhoe…

The big barn will eventually be used for a couple horses. I want to get the repairs done to it first then run electricity and water to the barn…In conjunction with all that I have to get the fields turned back into pasture. They have been allowed to grow wild for several years and a good bit of fence needs to be repaired or replaced.

Since I apparently feel that isn’t enough work I also have plans to build a small chicken coop and a 10×10 root cellar….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

@ChadM
    😮😮 Wow that’s a nice size work shop , sounds like you have a great lot ,
    I bet it’s going to be great when you get it all said and done
    LoL yeah you don’t have enough work that’s funny , it definitely would be great to have a chicken coop , nothing like fresh eggs ,
    Looking forward to seeing you get all set up.

Today I’m not feeling like going into the shop , I actually have an appointment for the ultrasound and injection for my right shoulder , hopefully it gets better , loosing sleep and sometimes hurts like hell ,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Since I apparently feel that isn’t enough work I also have plans to build a small chicken coop and a 10×10 root cellar….

Sounds to me like your going to be a very busy man Chad.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

the 24×24 garage is going to be my shop, the 20×20 garage will for some tool overflow lol, my wife’s car, and my motorcycles,the 20×28 barn will be storage for larger equipment like scaffold, cement mixer, etc, riding mower, small backhoe…

Sounds like a good plan Chad. Nice to have all those buildings already up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Got our threading and grooving machines moved into the parkade.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Things have been slowing down with all that’s going on in he world at the moment, but we’ve still been keeping busy. Finally got the engineered hardwood finished up on a big Reno we’ve been on for the past few months.iys coming along nicely but in my personal opinion the island is a little too big for the space.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Things have been slowing down with all that’s going on in he world at the moment, but we’ve still been keeping busy. Finally got the engineered hardwood finished up on a big Reno we’ve been on for the past few months.iys coming along nicely but in my personal opinion the island is a little too big for the space.

Looking good!
    How thick is that engineered wood?

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Sounds to me like your going to be a very busy man Chad.

Yeah, I got a little bit of work planned out lol.

Sounds like a good plan Chad. Nice to have all those buildings already up.

Yup, having them already up makes it easy…They need a little maintenance but nothing major.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Looks good so far , good to hear from you again , stay safe , is the counter top much bigger than the island , like say for breakfast stools , might be to big then

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Finally got the engineered hardwood finished up on a big Reno we’ve been on for the past few months.iys coming along nicely but in my personal opinion the island is a little too big for the space.

Yeah it does take up a bunch of space for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I fixed my 12″ miter saw.
    For some reason – unknown to me – the insert were 1/16″ lower than the base.
    I removed and shimmed them with some masking tape.

I fixed my 12″ miter saw.

For some reason – unknown to me – the insert were 1/16″ lower than the base.

I removed and shimmed them with some masking tape.

To bad about that , but it’s sometimes nice to be home and have time to fix all these little annoying things 👍 good fix Sorin 👊 is that a DeWalt

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@boschmanbrian

No, it’s an old Craftsman.

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.185 seconds