dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,361 total)
  • Author
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

It is going to look great @MTROads. Have you thought about using a veneer for the top? You can get some awesome looking walnut burl veneer from someone out there.

Thought I replied to this but can’t find it…
    I used veneer for our own bedside tables, these are for one of our sons – he picked out the tiles that will fit inside the black walnut framing. He will grout those in once the tables are delivered.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

MTRoads
    Pro

Frustrating day in the shop today,

You get days like that when nothing goes right and you have to do stuff 2 or 3 times.

Pretty much a bummer when not getting in as much shop time as I wanted, and then have to re-do things…. oh well – keep marching on….

Stan

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Installed a new set bathroom taps yesterday. Also I worked on paper work for taxes.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pretty much a bummer when not getting in as much shop time as I wanted, and then have to re-do things…. oh well – keep marching on….

Times like that seem to come in cycles, other times everything I do works out great the first time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the footing dug yesterday for the addition I’m starting. Now it’s raining. I really need a dry couple days to finish it up.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I think I am going to get the chainsaw out and work on clearing some trails back into my property.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I made a polypropylene cutting board
    I had a bigger piece for a while and I cut it and that was it : 16″ x 14″ x 1/2″

MTRoads
    Pro

Part of the process, all the panels during glue-up. There are still 2 panels to be done, but different sizes for the drawer fronts.
    Both cases are complete, heading to the hardwood warehouse later today to get enough Black Walnut to trim out the sides and around the tops – leaving enough room for the piece of tile the son wants to grout in place.
    Question for those that do grouting – how much of a gap should I leave for the son between the edge of the tile and the top trim? I was thinking around 1/8″ – is that enough of a gap?

Stan

MTRoads
    Pro

I made a polypropylene cutting board

I had a bigger piece for a while and I cut it and that was it : 16″ x 14″ x 1/2″

Nice to have a good size cutting board, but being a router-junkie, I’m afraid I would have kept that in the shop for an emergency router plate. 🙂

Stan

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Part of the process, all the panels during glue-up. There are still 2 panels to be done, but different sizes for the drawer fronts.

Both cases are complete, heading to the hardwood warehouse later today to get enough Black Walnut to trim out the sides and around the tops – leaving enough room for the piece of tile the son wants to grout in place.

Question for those that do grouting – how much of a gap should I leave for the son between the edge of the tile and the top trim? I was thinking around 1/8″ – is that enough of a gap?

1/8″ should be enough.
    You can do it smaller but then you’d go nuts trying to squeeze it in there.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@MTRoads

Ahem, ahem, you’re saying 😀

@Sorpa hahaha yeah you do seem to have some spares lol.

ahem, you’re saying

Nice stash. I’m jealous…lol

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That lexan polycarbonate is strictly for router bases.
    It’s expensive, you know that, and it cost me nothing. 5 minutes of work.
    Hunt the old lcd computer monitors ( thrown away at the curb ), tear them apart and you’ll have your lexan polycarbonate.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Got the footing dug yesterday for the addition I’m starting. Now it’s raining. I really need a dry couple days to finish it up.

Lots of rain around sure makes getting a few dry days in a row tough.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Got a decent amount of work done yesterday getting some old trails cleaned off…still a lot more to do though.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Got a decent amount of work done yesterday getting some old trails cleaned off…still a lot more to do though.

Are those trails on your property Chad , how big is your lot

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Are those trails on your property Chad , how big is your lot

Yes they are on my property…Have a little over 20 acres. There are some old logging/mining roads (probably from the 30’s) that I am cleaning up and some newer trails for ATV/UTV that haven’t been maintained for a decade or so.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Since I have been home more recently my wife has increased the must do list, including mounting stuff etc. long story to say that I tried these little dust catchers that someone gave me to try. The verdict is that they work well for a single use relatively small hole, particularly in my old lathe and plaster house.

Will

@ChadM wow , that is a good size lot , should keep you busy for a while , any older buildings or sheds on the lot.

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,361 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.236 seconds