dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,350 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Frustrating day in the shop today,

You get days like that when nothing goes right and you have to do stuff 2 or 3 times.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I thought only I had those days!

Well I guess I’ll be picking up a few things today so I can bring it to the shop , be going back to work Monday , and all the cafeteria services and Tim Hortons on site are closed ,
    And aside from that , I’ll just be doing a few odd things around the house ,

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I thought only I had those days!

You aren’t the only one lol!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I sharpened some chisels today.
    Getting them ready for the coming project/s.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Got in a bit more shop time today, things were going good until I looked at the last board of Black Walnut I had left to do the tops. Full of knots and holes, no way I could salvage enough to do the top. Guess a visit to the hardwood store is in order later this week.
    Just mocked up the top with some left over 1/4″ BW ply on the top to see what it was going to look like.
    The only thing stained at this point are the panels, so overall the bedside stands will be a lot darker than in the pic.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Attachments:
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Wow that looks awesome, good job!

It is going to look great @MTROads. Have you thought about using a veneer for the top? You can get some awesome looking walnut burl veneer from someone out there.

Got in a bit more shop time today,

Looks like you made good use of your time out there. Nice!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I finally got into the shop today. I got some work done on the base molding for the potato bin. I didn’t get them completed, but the detail on the bottom of them is coming along pretty well (the piece is in the vise upside down).

Attachments:
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

The details on the base molding looks great JDO. Going to be one fine looking potato bin. 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Got in a bit more shop time today, things were going good until I looked at the last board of Black Walnut I had left to do the tops. Full of knots and holes, no way I could salvage enough to do the top. Guess a visit to the hardwood store is in order later this week.

Just mocked up the top with some left over 1/4″ BW ply on the top to see what it was going to look like.

The only thing stained at this point are the panels, so overall the bedside stands will be a lot darker than in the pic.

WOW that’s really nice looking , nice job

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the basement wall sealed and back filled.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Coming along nice, that should seal it up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Looking good Ron.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Finished up my wife’s desk this morning , but the crew waiting for the okay to come into the garage LoL

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I finally got into the shop today. I got some work done on the base molding for the potato bin. I didn’t get them completed, but the detail on the bottom of them is coming along pretty well (the piece is in the vise upside down).

Looking good Jim. That will be a really nice looking potato bins. Most of the potato bins I have seen were made from pine.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Did a bunch of chiselling, rasping, scraping, filing and sanding. Then glued the base trim onto the potato bin.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Finished up my wife’s desk this morning , but the crew waiting for the okay to come into the garage LoL

Quite eager they were 😀

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I finally got into the shop today. I got some work done on the base molding for the potato bin.

Coming along nicely JDO. Keep at it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.125 seconds