dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Back at it again today , will be chasing the cesium into the cells , long day standing at the filling station with the torch 😐

What is that Brian? Dealing with Cesium? I’ve never been able to correlate that with typical ‘shop work’ for most trades/contractors or DIYers other than it is unique to manufacturing work you do as an obvious pro at such. How can others relate with it in the theater this forum is designed for? Just curious on how it connects.

Connects ?
    Well first of I use tools /torches and power tools for most of the day , 5 to 7 days a week , isn’t that what this sites about
    I’m in the manufacturing side of the workforce , I use my hands and build assemblies for aircraft flight simulators , I build the control boxes or either control sticks or control columns ,
    Rudder pedals and everything else related to putting the flight control boxes together ,
    As for the cesium , it’s part of the process to build detection heads , this is the only product we build that isn’t simulated , it’s the real thing , I can’t get into details because it’s all military ,
    But feel free to look it up , lot of information about it on the web
    That’s just what I do during my workday , asside from doing the so called diyer thing when I get home.
    I’m not in the construction industry any longer , I used to be years ago , I just assumed it was okay to post here ,
    I believe I’m not the only person here that is not 💯 percent in the construction industry

What I’m getting at is how can those efforts you do in a high end sophisticated manufacturing task translate to things we can all understand and potentially relate to. Whether in comparing them to things other typical members might understand in the methods or tools you use in doing those truly extraordinary tasks that none of the usual membership would ever encounter and how it could translate into things they do, or in the intricinctness of tools you use and how they work and how they can relate to other tools typical members could use or derive an apprehension towards what they may may look to use or do in their tasks as typical trades persons or for even avid DIYers like myself. That’s all I’m suggesting.

Doobie

Just had that post go ‘Cyberjail’ so to speak and had to back out and re-post to get it online for that last post. Obviously still an issue quoting others.

I did send a reminder to the webmaster to ask if she made any further progress on these efforts to rid of us of that issue last nite.

Sadly, I don’t think that Bosch has dictated her to have our old forum as a priority for such repair work. It’s quite obvious to us.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Built some pvc shutters for the Mrs today. Will wait for better weather to install.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Busy at the truckstop replacing broken tiles. Along with a bunch of little stuff that needed a little attention.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got 8 of the 10 LED light strips put up on the ceiling yesterday. The other 2 are for over benches. What a difference!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I got 8 of the 10 LED light strips put up on the ceiling yesterday. The other 2 are for over benches. What a difference!

I am sure it makes a huge difference.
    I bought 6 led light strips last year. I finally got around installing some of them a few weeks ago.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Nice Jim , are they the ones similar to what Peter Put up in his shop , I mean are they all in series or can you spread them out to the distance you want , or do they have a set amount of wire between them.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Nice Jim , are they the ones similar to what Peter Put up in his shop , I mean are they all in series or can you spread them out to the distance you want , or do they have a set amount of wire between them.

I can’t remember what Peter put up in his shop, so, maybe…lol. I have an unboxing video on my thread I just put up. I put 2 rows of 4 up. They have a close coupler or one about a foot long. I used the close one. The end of each row I put the outlet on and will be putting an outlet on the ceiling attached to the switch on the wall. The outlet will be right where it went into the first flourescent so the existing wire will work. Of course there will be a video on the install. So it will be clearer then. I will eventually be replacing the romex with an armoured style (AC 90?) because the wiring is all exposed and surface mounted. The 2 rows are a distance apart on the ceiling and run the whole lenth of the shop, so a nicer dispersion of light, and they come on as soon as the electricity hits them instead of having to warm up.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh for sure. First thing you notice is how much “whiter” the light is and no hum or flicker.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Updated Knife handle pictures.

Will

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That works. Looks great.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I bought 3 LED lights for my shop a few months back. Ended up putting one in our laundry… yup big difference.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

The handle looks great!
    Useful things those Kant clamps.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am spending the day in the office trying to catch up with everything. I have tapers going on a basement we are finishing and rockers going in a house. Plumbers are wrapping up a couple things in both. Next week we need to start another basement.

Today I need to get some pricing and ordering done so I have material to finish the basement and house.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 4 windows in a rental building.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Downloading, installing and configuring things on my new laptop. I then plugged into my external HDD and found all the security permissions were linked to the old laptop. So, it took a couple hours to figure that out. Then I found out that was only partially successful and I couldn’t access any of my video footage. Which is thousands of files. Took another few hours to figure that out too.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Downloading, installing and configuring things on my new laptop. I then plugged into my external HDD and found all the security permissions were linked to the old laptop. So, it took a couple hours to figure that out. Then I found out that was only partially successful and I couldn’t access any of my video footage. Which is thousands of files. Took another few hours to figure that out too.

That sounds like quite the day. Good your getting it sorted out.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That sounds like quite the day. Good your getting it sorted out.

Slowly but surely. I was in a bit of a panic thinking I had lost just about everything. I am very relieved now.

I went out to the shop and did some electrical work. I took down the old flourescent lights and installed a plug so the new LED’s work on the switch. Had to run a wire down to the next plug on the ceiling which then runs to the plug at the old bench. Put up another LED light over the old bench now that it has power again.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Not a whol lot done today. Did attempt to swap the USB port on a Bluetooth speaker, but managed to rip the pads off the board.

Haven’t spent any time in the “shop” since fall due to the weather. Its pretty much just a junk dump this time of year. I’ll dig my way in there in the spring to get it operational again. Also thinking about starting doing videos again, since I’m only working 4 days a week. Not hopeful Youtube’s going to make me any money(getting demonetized a couple years ago due to policy changes is why I stopped), but I’ll also be publishing to LBRY.

Worst case, you could have downloaded and burned a Linux live USB, and got to the files. I use Linux daily, but another advantage is that it’s good for overriding Windows permissions.

Had my own share of computer problems this weekend. Was trying to change the programming on one of my ham radio HT’s. The first computer spent from 9am yesterday till 10am today trying to update during a reboot, when I tried to disable driver signing to install the driver to connect to the radio, failed, then spent hours recovering. Still; didn’t work. Then dug out the old snail speed Win 7 laptop and got the drivers working on that and finally got the radio programming changed.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

today was just a cleanup and organize day just never enough space for everything

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.860 seconds