dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

No, I have been picking away at it here and there on warmer days. I have been going through a spell of being totally uninspired and unmotivated for some reason.

That is too bad you are going through a rough spell. I guess the weather does help alot.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I made a wall mount for the Bosch portable bandsaw, it is handy for cutting smaller metal pieces to have the little bandsaw mounted vertically like a regular bandsaw, so I made a simple wooden mount, that I may remake in metal or not depending on how well it works.

That looks like a really good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Cleaned up the manifold , replacing a part of the glare that got contaminated from the cesium , now installing 8 new cells and try to get it up and running for the weekend.

Editing and uploading the shop tour video today.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I can’t seem to shake this flu bug. I went into work last night and only worked 1 hr and came home. I hope I am feeling better tomorrow so I can some stuff done.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can’t seem to shake this flu bug.

Hope you get feeling better.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Feels strange not working on Saturday , I’ll try to get some little things done around the house today , definitely will take a ride out to home Depot to.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Feels strange not working on Saturday ,

Slacker…

It’s nice taking a little time for yourself.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@RonW
    LMAO I spat my coffee out when I read that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

GTokley wrote:
    I can’t seem to shake this flu bug.

Hope you get feeling better.

Thanks! I hope I do too. Feeling alittle better today. Might try doing a few things around the house.

Greg

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Odds and ends….trying to finish up this reno I’ve been working on sine the 6th of December.
    Today was fabricating trim to support a 4′-6″x 3′ mirror, helping the sparky cut in some outlets on the kitchen island, and plumbing in a sink while troubleshooting the drain on another.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

trying to finish up this reno I’ve been working on sine the 6th of December.

Hope you get it done soon. Is anyone living in the house?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Odds and ends….trying to finish up this reno I’ve been working on sine the 6th of December.
    Today was fabricating trim to support a 4′-6″x 3′ mirror, helping the sparky cut in some outlets on the kitchen island, and plumbing in a sink while troubleshooting the drain on another.

Sounds like a pretty busy day , what’s the problem with the drain , I saw your post on IG , some really nice looking work.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

trying to finish up this reno I’ve been working on sine the 6th of December.

Hope you get it done soon. Is anyone living in the house?

Yes, the HO moved in on the 23rd of December and we got back in there on the 15th of January to take care of the deficiencies ans install the cabinets after they finally arrived. The appliances were also late. We just got the countertops installed the other day after all the supplier delays. Now I just have to install the backsplash that came as a late in project request before I can get out of there.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Sounds like a pretty busy day , what’s the problem with the drain , I saw your post on IG , some really nice looking work.

Thanks Brian, Not entirely sure what caused the issue with the drain…either poor workmanship on our part, or a cheap drain assembly. The seal between the sink flange and the pipe that stubs in to the trap wouldn’t seal correctly. I removed it and added a flat silicone washer and teflon taped the threads on the assembly before tightening it up as much as I felt was safe. Stopped leaking after that.

Clev08
    Pro

The weather was finally nice enough to replace the old 4 pin wiring harness on my truck with one that supports the 7 pin connector on our new camper.

@asevereid
    Ah those are sometimes a pain , that thin little tapered plastic washer is a pain overtightened and it leaks not tight enough and it leaks.
    I also had issues a few times , because of buying a cheaper one.
    Sounds like you got it fixed. I always keep a tube of liquid Teflon for things like this.

Today I’ll be checking for leaks on the manifold before I start up the bake out then pretty much just babysitting the system.

Will be adding nitrogen to the cells today after the system cools down slightly ,
    Also now we have to use these ceramic blades in our little X acto knifes after someone accidentally stabbed himself in the leg 🤯🙄

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Also now we have to use these ceramic blades in our little X acto knifes after someone accidentally stabbed himself in the leg 🤯🙄

What difference will the ceramic blade make in stabbing a body part? Cleaner cut??

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@RonW
    Absolutely nothing it’s still going to stab you , that’s what I told health and safety. I said it’s still pointy 🤷 , I said it’s pretty much up to the person who is using the knife to be careful ?
    I am all for health and safety , but sometimes I think they go overboard , maybe they should just take those knives away from the people who are hurting themselves LoL

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.502 seconds