dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 696 total)
  • Author

Finished off the bulbs , placed them in the burn in fixture , they will run for 100 hours , started to clean up the other manifold for the cells, will be doing the first visual and measure the cells , if they are good , will be installing them to the manifold , then check for leaks , if none , start the bake out of the cells ,
    I will try to get a few pictures tomorrow.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

INstalled 4 entry doors with top light.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed another 3 doors.

Tried to do some work on the potato bin. I ripped the face frame boards too narrow though. Went and bought a couple more walnut boards so now I have to start the face frame over again. DOH!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Finished up a small deck as much as we could, we will have to go back in the spring and do a little clean up and the steps.

Started installing windows in a house we are building. The heating guys are there also installing the underfloor duct. Plumbers next week.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 4 windows: 2 sliders and 2 up-and-down.

Did a verification course on harnesses and the attachments for them and fall protection equipment 3 hours , then installed the manifold on the system for the cells , looks like I’ll be going to the physio therapist tomorrow for the hip and shoulder. Was supposed to be next week , but they called me because they had a cancellation ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Busy day yesterday plowing snow and clearing off the skating rink. This week at work has been kinda crappy week at work. There has been one problem after another affecting production.

With cold temps this morning I am going try flood the rink before work.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

No work today.
    It feels like -27 C

Finished off the manifold , installed the cells on it and the cesium also , started up the pump , had 1 Minor leak , fixed it up and it was working good.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Finished off the manifold , installed the cells on it and the cesium also , started up the pump , had 1 Minor leak , fixed it up and it was working good.

What’s the caesium doing in that environment?

@Sorpa just texted you , let me know if you got it ,👍

Clev08
    Pro

Today I spent a lot of time deciding on the dimensions of the garage I will be building this summer and organizing the tools I keep in the house.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I spent a lot of time deciding on the dimensions of the garage I will be building this summer

What dimensions did you decide on?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Today I spent a lot of time deciding on the dimensions of the garage I will be building this summer

What ever size you decided on, double it. You’ll thank me later.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Clev08 wrote:

LoL that’s funny Ron @RonW !! But definitely true
    Looking forward to seeing what you decide to build.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is so true. When you build your garage and it is done and you are moving in, you are like wow all this space I’ll never fill it, A couple of years later it’s like man I’m full and need more space. You run out of space quickly. If you have the land you can do two things, first build larger or if you can’t due to budget constraints, plan your current build to be easily expandable in the future. Select a design that will allow you to knock out a wall and push it put for more space. Make the roof easy to add on to and place the building on the lot to allow max space to expand in to. Plan the expansions now then build the space you can afford now but allow easy expansion in the future. Wherever the last wall is that will be removed to facilitate the expansion make it load bearing but be able to remove the center studs so that the floor space is continuous, you can do this by using a steel I beam as the header on that last wall so the studs are just decorative like on an inside wall. The siding on that wall on the side remove and reuse on the new outside wall. Thing is plan for the expansion as you build now. Will make it easier and cheaper when you expand in the future.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Go as big as your wallet allows !

@Chad 👆

Another day behind the snow blower. Having a coffee, then may go out to the shop and cutting up some walnut. Hopefully to the right size this time.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.479 seconds