dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,658 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Glad to hear that things are progressing Ron. Hopefully you can be up and walking once the weather changes.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have been working on walking. I am doing ok with a walker But also starting to do small things with out the walker.
    Tomorrow I go back to the back surgeon for the follow up after surgery. It has been almost 3 weeks now. I am so ready for a trip out of this house! I just hope this surgery helps me. Still to soon to know that yet.

Thanks for checking in. Ron, and glad to hear of your progress. Please keep us up to date and here’s wishing you a much better new year.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Installed a basketball hoop yesterday, today it is pretty cold. about zero Fahrenheit. unloading trucks and putting things away to start, then we will probably start a deck or take care of a door replacement. Lots of little things this time of year.

Finishing up with the on line courses
    Then getting back to testing the weight of the cesium in the bulbs
    Then inspection of the new cells to install on the manifold

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Been busy installing a big set of kitchen cabinet’s. Need to get a little more trim stained and finished today to finish up.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a basketball hoop yesterday, today it is pretty cold. about zero Fahrenheit. unloading trucks and putting things away to start, then we will probably start a deck or take care of a door replacement. Lots of little things this time of year.

That’s cold for a deck job.
    Are you going to do concrete footing?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I spent 3 hours in a tight crawlspace with moist bare ground to fix a leaky kitchen drain. Not fun at all.

My back hurts even the next day.

I have a question on the Bosch GLI18V-420B light. I took it down to the crawlspace for some lighting in addition to my headlamp. It’s bright and works well. However since all I have is a 6.3ah core battery, I used it for the light, which is OK in most cases except for a crawlspace long crawl and navigation, that additional weight does make a difference. May be a 2.0ah battery is better.

The light was on the entire 3 hours and at the end the fully charged 6.3ah battery is still 5 bars, so this is very different from my 3 minute cordless grinder experience.

I was wondering if you have this light, and put a lower ah battery on it say 2ah or 3ah, how long does the light last before battery is depleted? Will that last over 4 hours, 8 hours?

Doobie

I spent 3 hours in a tight crawlspace with moist bare ground to fix a leaky kitchen drain. Not fun at all.

I have a question on the Bosch GLI18V-420B light. I took it down to the crawlspace for some lighting in addition to my headlamp. It’s bright and works well. However since all I have is a 6.3ah core battery, I used it for the light, which is OK in most cases except for a crawlspace long crawl and navigation, that additional weight does make a difference. May be a 2.0ah battery is better.

The light was on the entire 3 hours and at the end the fully charged 6.3ah battery is still 5 bars, so this is very different from my 3 minute cordless grinder experience.

I was wondering if you have this light, and put a lower ah battery on it say 2ah or 3ah, how long does the light last before battery is depleted? Will that last over 4 hours, 8 hours?

I have this light and have some 2.0 18V batteries. I have never done a duration test though for any battery for it Sami. In fact, I like using it with just slim batteries in it. A slim may stay in there for weeks before it needs recharging/replacing as I usually don’t reach for this style of light for anything but quickie type needs. I suppose I could run a test of sorts if you’d like Sami.

I have that light , but I only have the 4.0 regular Bosch batteries plus the New 4.0 core , if I can remember correctly , I got around 9 hours of runtime with the 4.0 regular Bosch battery , I assume you can get around half that time on a 2.0 battery , maybe get yourself a New Core 4.0 from those great sales you post about from Fry’s?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It is technically just a platform (less than 30″ from grade and not attached to the house.). More or less at ground level and just on block sleepers with no footings. I wanted to hold off till spring, but the owner wants it done.

We blanketed the area before it got cold, so we should be OK to scratch up the ground, put down a little crushed rock and level some block in place.

We cleaned out the blankets on a slab on grade house this morning and there was barely any frost below them, maybe an inch. We will heat it a couple days, compact it and get the plumbers and heating guys in there. We put those blankets down at about the same time as the ones for the deck.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Got it. It will be a floating deck.

More tests and weigh in of the bulbs
    Darn things are tiny ,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

More tests and weigh in of the bulbs
    Darn things are tiny ,

Grow some thinner fingers 😀

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Trying to get this set of cabinets installed.

Ron

@Sorpa lmao sometimes I wish I didn’t have these big muppet fingers lol
    Plenty of time I need to use the surgical tweezers we have here

@RonW
    WOW now that’s some beautiful work Ron , no doubt they are happy ,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks Brian. Yea the home owner is tickled with them. It’s a big kitchen.

Ron

KenW
    Pro

Its been great working with my brother again on a set of cabinets.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Wow ! That is quite a kitchen! Did you make the cabinets?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice kitchen Ron. How long did it take to do the install?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have this light and have some 2.0 18V batteries. I have never done a duration test though for any battery for it Sami. In fact, I like using it with just slim batteries in it. A slim may stay in there for weeks before it needs recharging/replacing as I usually don’t reach for this style of light for anything but quickie type needs. I suppose I could run a test of sorts if you’d like Sami.

Interesting, I use it in an opposite manner. For quick lights I usually reach for a traditional flashlight. But if I need something for a longer duration with hands free then I go for this one. The 6.3ah battery is bulky but it’s the only one I have – it came free with the freak I won last year, and I don’t use any cordless bosch tools so it’s just there. I never really had an issue with it until each ounce matter down below. As for the duration test it’s OK I am pretty sure the slim 2 will last the 2-3 hours I stay down there. I just have to justify the cost of a 18V battery to use down there against another light that may run on say AAA that may have the same lumen, adjustable angle and light weight.

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,658 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.583 seconds