dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,637 total)
  • Author

I ended up adding a brace on my matt/glass cutter, the aluminum right angle guide occasionally gets bumped during moving or storage so a bought a piece of 3/4″ box steel tapped it on one end and removed some material on the other end to make a tab. Then using the 3-4-5 method for a right angle (where in this case the units were 10″ so 30-40-50) I secured it to stay a 90 degree angle.

Will

Delivered the guys guitars back today. One he was considering buying had a slight twist in the neck and a crack in the finger board. He isn’t buying it now. Just saved him $600.

Wife has been painting the last couple of days so I have been giving her a hand with that. Getting ready for the new sectional sofa to be delivered. Dang thing is over 12′ long in one direction. Sold the old sofa and chair, trying to get rid of a couple of other ones too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@JimDaddyO WOW that’s Long. Sounds like a great place to crash out at night LoL

Not doing anything today , just little odds and ends. Thinking about buying a few folding tables for our daughters play room in the basement for all her Barbie things. That or buy some Melanie and a few brackets and bolt it to the wall 🤔 not sure what to do.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@boschmanbrian

There is a Barbie expo downtown on Peel.

WOW that’s Long

That’s what she said.

Built a couch side table with a friend over the last 2 days out of curly maple. He took it home to put finish on it. I can’t wait to see the pictures of the table when he gets the oil finish on it. Also unhooked the dust collection system to prep for the new unit that I will pick up for next weekend. Lot’s of sawdust going to the transfer station tomorrow.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Built a couch side table with a friend over the last 2 days out of curly maple

Curly maple will look very nice finished out. Was that new or reclaimed wood?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Curly maple will look very nice finished out. Was that new or reclaimed wood?

I found a great supplier of curly & bird’s eye maple along with exotics in Bell Forest Products. This have packs of 10, 20 or more board feet that they ship to you by Fedex. Very reasonable.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Lowes had a crazy Bosch deal where they sold a Bosch 1″ SDS plus rotary hammer (corded) and a 4.5″ 7.5A grinder for $129, and includes a free dust collection kit (1120255) which in itself includes a charger and a 4ah battery. All that for $129. I was tempted but I already have a Bosch corded SDS+ hammer, and I have two other corded grinders (and a “3 minute” Bosch cordless grinder I no longer use), but a great deal if you need a hammer.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Delivered the guys guitars back today. One he was considering buying had a slight twist in the neck and a crack in the finger board. He isn’t buying it now. Just saved him $600.

Wife has been painting the last couple of days so I have been giving her a hand with that. Getting ready for the new sectional sofa to be delivered. Dang thing is over 12′ long in one direction. Sold the old sofa and chair, trying to get rid of a couple of other ones too.

The guy is lucky you found the problems with guitar and saved him $600.

That must be quite a chore to move that sectional.

I have full day of hockey yesterday. It started a 9:00 am and ended at 10:00 pm. My daughter had a hockey tournament yesterday. After the last game we came home dropped the girls off. Then the wife & I took in local AHL hockey game. It was a great day.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had full day of hockey yesterday.

You sure did. That was a lot of hockey.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Typical day here today , more tests and cleaning up the manifold.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a 5′ patio door today in a rental building.

I have to finish all those on line courses on safety , going to be a long and boring day.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just a couple of honey-do projects today, some kitchen drawer dividers.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have been working on walking. I am doing ok with a walker But also starting to do small things with out the walker.
    Tomorrow I go back to the back surgeon for the follow up after surgery. It has been almost 3 weeks now. I am so ready for a trip out of this house! I just hope this surgery helps me. Still to soon to know that yet.

I have been working on walking. I am doing ok with a walker But also starting to do small things with out the walker.
    Tomorrow I go back to the back surgeon for the follow up after surgery. It has been almost 3 weeks now. I am so ready for a trip out of this house! I just hope this surgery helps me. Still to soon to know that yet.

Hey Ron. Happy New year to you , nice to see you drop in
    Sounds promising so far. Good luck with the rest of the recovery. Looking forward to seeing more of what you have been up to.

Good to see you. Glad to hear things are progressing. Wishing you all the best.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Nice to hear from you Ron! I hope you get good new from the back Surgeon.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Thanks guys ! I always hit the thank you on the comments but never could tell if you get them.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.045 seconds