dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’m working on hardwood flooring the first part of this week. I started a couple weeks ago on a small hall section, and now I’m back to finish the room and then start on some trim.

Charlie

Instagram

I’m working on hardwood flooring the first part of this week. I started a couple weeks ago on a small hall section, and now I’m back to finish the room and then start on some trim.

Maple? Love the look.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Looking good Charlie , nice floor , what is the underlayment , I’ve used brown underlayment before , but never seen that one before , (I haven’t done tons of flooring )

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Looking good. I am sure the home owner will very happy with this floor.

Maple? Love the look.

It does look like maple.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 7 windows in 2 locations.
    It went pretty fast.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I think it’s maple – I didn’t order it so I’m not 100%.

But I finished the flooring today and moved onto the trim. The HO are having me go as far as I can within their budget so I won’t be finishing everything, but I got the majority of the room to the point where they can finish fairy easily (although I forgot to take pics after I got the trim up in the main room)

I also put in trim in their mud room and had a few obstacles to get around – pretty happy with how it turned out and it was fun to do some more interesting angles.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

But I finished the flooring today and moved onto the trim. The HO are having me go as far as I can within their budget so I won’t be finishing everything, but I got the majority of the room to the point where they can finish fairy easily (although I forgot to take pics after I got the trim up in the main room)

I also put in trim in their mud room and had a few obstacles to get around – pretty happy with how it turned out and it was fun to do some more interesting angles.

Looks really good! Nice work. Too bad you didn’t get finish the everything.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But I finished the flooring today and moved onto the trim

From the pictures it looks like you did a nice job. Great work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Looks good Charlie , you can only do what the client asks for and in the budget
    Looks good I like the way you dropped the trim around the water main , I’ve seen that plenty on IG 👍👊

Back at the baby sitting the pumps this morning , then I’ll see how it’s reacting when I start it up.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looks good I like the way you dropped the trim around the water main , I’ve seen that plenty on IG 👍👊

Back at the baby sitting the pumps this morning , then I’ll see how it’s reacting when I start it up.

Thanks Brian – and to answer your earlier question, it’s a moisture barrier. I didn’t recommend it to the client since it’s not directly over cement or anything where moisture should be a real issue, but they wanted to have it since they thought it was down in other parts of the house. I was happy to oblige 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

Thanks Brian – and to answer your earlier question, it’s a moisture barrier. I didn’t recommend it to the client since it’s not directly over cement or anything where moisture should be a real issue, but they wanted to have it since they thought it was down in other parts of the house. I was happy to oblige 🙂

Thanks for the reply , makes sense if they want to continue using it.

I was cutting picture frame miters on the Bosch glide, when I decided to try using the combination square head as a temporary stop.

Will

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a door and a window.
    Both in concrete.

Attachments:
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I was cutting picture frame miters on the Bosch glide, when I decided to try using the combination square head as a temporary stop.

I’d say that worked out pretty slick. 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Both in concrete.

That almost looks like the duplex I lived in the east end for a few years
    How did it go today pretty easy by the looks

@wbembrid that’s a pretty good idea , hopefully I’ll be able to remember that one day

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Both in concrete.

That almost looks like the duplex I lived in the east end for a few years
    How did it go today pretty easy by the looks

@wbembrid that’s a pretty good idea , hopefully I’ll be able to remember that one day

That was in Lasalle, rue Centrale.

Doobie

Made a list of materials, mostly PVC trim stuff, I need to do as part of the cladding for my lean-to shed and then headed to Lowes to take advantage of the last day of a 15% off promo they were running.

But I also needed more Cortex PVC hidden screws and it seems Lowes no longer carries them. Been looking all over the internet tonite to see where I can buy them here in Canada, but no luck. Gonna have to do some phone calls in the morning as I only have maybe enough to do 3 or 4 trim pieces til I run out. I need a ton more.

Another possible solution is to go with GRK same screws and make my own plugs, or just buy the PVC Cortex plugs if I find I can only buy them solo. More work I wasn’t planning on just to get work done around here. Just frustrating!

Yesterday they had the company come in and calibrate the oxy and gas sensor for the glassblowing room
    This morning I’ll set up the pumps and then go back to the other department and give them a hand with some smaller assemblies till I receive my cylinder of liquid nitrogen.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Only two of us went in yesterday due to the weather, but we managed to get 3/4 of the shingles aswell as the soffit and house wrap on a garage build we have on the go.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 2 patio doors in 2 different locations.
    One was 9′ X 81″, the white one, and the other one was 6′ X 90″

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.977 seconds