dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,907 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

No, pine will darken naturally quick enough. Plus my wife doesn’t like tha smell of it all through the house.

Any reason you didn’t sand/finish pre-install ?

Testing the bulbs , re installing the cleaned up manifold , getting ready to install another batch of bulbs , at 9 am meeting with the manager from engineering with a few engineers and the design engineer team plus my supervisor to discuss the issues with the bulbs and how come they never updated the dwgs for our sub contractor
    Should be an interesting meeting , and later this morning. I’ll go see the grand opening of the new extension and finished renovations that they did to the front of the building should be nice at around 15 million 😮

I have been delinquent at posting for a bit so I hope to catch up with several posts, here are some pictures of a dovetail whiskey cabinet I have been making.
    It has a dovetail shelf, and recessed ship lap back with an integral french cleat, which is why the back is the way it is.

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Good looking dovetails, Will. Is the door all maple? I really like the figure in the panel. That will be a great project.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Attempting this repair on a 2nd hand crib / child’s bed, the fasteners have blown out in a couple of points due to either weaknesses in the wood or use. So I cut out the sections then glued and used dowels to reinforce the new end grain to end grain join with some shop maple. I still need to drill foles for the fasteners and to stain / finish to attempt to match the colour.

Will

It’s a pain in the butt. Plus, if you get a bit of finish on the tongue or in the groove it makes install harder. This stuff is only 5/16″ thick. I have tried it both ways. The base board and chair rail will get done before it goes on though.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Addendum:

I could not find the adaptor to hook the sander up to the vacuum. Wow, what a mess. The last bit will be sanded out in the shop….lol.

some pictures of a dovetail whiskey cabinet

That is beautiful work there. An heirloom piece on the way for sure.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 4 windows in a office building in downtown.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been delinquent at posting for a bit so I hope to catch up with several posts, here are some pictures of a dovetail whiskey cabinet I have been making.

Very nice work. I really like the joinery.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Got a crazy amount of work to do , my boss asked me to work this whole weekend , not sure if I will or not. But today finishing up the tests then close off the bulbs on the lathe , then put them in the burn in fixture for 100 hour test.

For my gaming group gift exchange I made some maple dice, they are very close to 2 inches per side.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

For my gaming group gift exchange I made some maple dice, they are very close to 2 inches per side.

That is a nice idea for gifts. They turned really good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Finished installing the wainscot today. That is about 50′ of wall done. I’ve got one more piece of baseboard to cut. It all has finish on it but 3 sticks, part of that is installed too. Next will be milling up the chair rail and getting that finished and installed.

Clev08
    Pro

Today I cut, sanded and rounded over the edges of some cedar 2×4’s for my railing. To answer some of your questions, the deck is not tall enough for code to require a railing, however some relatives are going to need one. I also replaced the old brick mold and storm door.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 4 windows and a front door.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I cut, sanded and rounded over the edges of some cedar 2×4’s for my railing.

That is some very nice looking cedar. Nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Wow those are pretty slick looking. Did you paint in the dimples on the 🎲 or just left them natural. Great idea. How did you do those dimples.

Today I cut, sanded and rounded over the edges of some cedar 2×4’s for my railing. To answer some of your questions, the deck is not tall enough for code to require a railing, however some relatives are going to need one. I also replaced the old brick mold and storm door.

Looks good , I bet your 🐕 wasn’t happy about that New door LoL , now he /she can’t see outside
    That’s a beautiful looking door by the way.

Went into work early this morning , just came back from work , I’m going to try to get rid of some of the stuff in the garage , I think I’m going to buy that bike lift that pulls them up and out of the way to the ceiling.
    Anyone have tried them before ?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Today I finished a door that I installed yesterday afternoon.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.924 seconds