dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 562 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

fixing a window well and getting ready for our first Snowmageddon of this winter. We already had plenty last spring and they are saying we are in the middle of the heaviest band. I really hope it shifts and gives us a little reprieve, I am really not ready for this crap yet this year.

I milled up some rough walnut into stock for use on the potato bin. Walnut never disappoints. Still not to size, but it cleaned up nicely.

Attachments:

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed couple of windows.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I milled up some rough walnut into stock for use on the potato bin. Walnut never disappoints. Still not to size, but it cleaned up nicely.

Those boards are sure nice. Going to be a fancy potato bin using walnut. It will be nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I milled up some more walnut for the face frame, then cut some T&G boards I bought to use for wainscott.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It really nice wood. I haven’t worked with walnut that much. I did alittle when worked making paddles. It is beautiful wood.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My son recently bought a home. It became official the other day and he started moving a few things into his garage/shop. I have to say, I’m a bit jealous… Not only is there plenty of room, it’s well lit, has sub-panel, 220v outlets, hard wired speakers, …and it’s heated !

Attachments:
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

4 windows installation today.
    And dentist in the afternoon. Still frozen.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My son recently bought a home. It became official the other day and he started moving a few things into his garage/shop. I have to say, I’m a bit jealous… Not only is there plenty of room, it’s well lit, has sub-panel, 220v outlets, hard wired speakers, …and it’s heated !

Wow nice space. And with heat. Your son did good Sprokitz.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Well if he lives close enough, I would bet Dad can pay a visit and use the shop. Sound quite nice.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Wow nice space. And with heat. Your son did good Sprokitz.

Oh, it has plumbing/soil line too.

Wow congratulations to your son on his house , yeah I’m kinda jealous also ,
    Looks like a great space , and even plumbing you mentioned. That’s going to be a great space , congrats again , I hope you live close enough , and hopefully you have an extra key LoL.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My son recently bought a home.

Wow, congrats to him. That looks like just a wonderful workspace; well lit and well finished, too. I am so envious of his good fortune. Here’s hoping there will be projects in the future that you could help out with.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I did some running around this morning. Stopped at HD for new baseboard heater for the bathroom. I also picked up some strapping for alittle job I have too do. I have taken a few days off work due my Grandmother passed away. She was about 1 1/2 from 97th birthday.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

My wife started stripping wallpaper today. That means I had to take the new trim off the window. She decided she wants to do a different wall treatment before I put the wainscott up. I had to put a few screws in the drywall. Of all the different screws I have, drywall screws are absent. I just used some deck screws. Sod it. They won’t be seen and they aren’t doing much anyway.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

putting new siding on my barn half way there now

Was trying out the Ryobi 18 gauge brad nailer
    Just putting together some little things in the garage together , small little projects for my daughter , I have to say , this is pretty impressive for the price , when I bought the nailer at HD myself and two other guys , 1 was a contractor working for a company that does repairs for some buildings , this guy said his friends where using it for the past few years and no problems. I think I must have sunk easily 100 plus nails and nothing no jams or anything. I am impressed for the 88 dollars I paid.

Besides that , just trying to organize the garage to get some work organized to do later for the house.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Milled up some cherry today for a Christmas present. I am starting on a 2 drawer box with wrap around grain, splined mitered corners and a live edge face.

I will let it rest for a day or 2 before milling to final thickness.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Yesterday I had a Drs appointment. While we were out I managed to get some drawer slides for the bin I am building. Kinda feeling down today, had to start take blood pressure meds. It was scary high.

Spent much of the morning insulating around the 2 garage doors in the workshop. Found we had some leaks. With the wife’s help, we then did a lot of cleaning in the shop and a little rearranging/straightening out of machines. Last I assembled an extra shelf to go into a shelf unit.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 562 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.116 seconds