dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,001 through 2,020 (of 2,056 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Installed 3 fixed windows.
    Big ones : 46″ x 76″

That is some kind of weight there I bet. Glad it was you doing it because it came out looking great.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That is some kind of weight there I bet. Glad it was you doing it because it came out looking great.

Very heavy.
    I had a helper otherwise it would’ve been impossible to install.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Glad you had a helper, those look heavy and awkward.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Had an acoustic guitar come in. Had to shave down the bridge and lower the saddle to get the action better. Of course a cleaning and set up was involved.

Nothing special today , cut the lawn in the front , trimmed up a few ornamental trees , then just was pool side 🤭😉 with some water and hops and barely 🤣😂

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Just came back from dropping off the guitar and picked up another to work on.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Had an acoustic guitar come in. Had to shave down the bridge and lower the saddle to get the action better. Of course a cleaning and set up was involved.

Nice work, JDO. Nice the people with guitar repairs find you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Nice! That is a pretty specialized area…how did you get into doing that?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Nice! That is a pretty specialized area…how did you get into doing that?

Just random curiosity. I play poorly and started messing with them and found I was better at that. I like the instrument, so it keeps me involved. If I can’t play all that well, I can make it so someone with talent (and dedication to practicing) can do it easier.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

2 8-foot kayak’s “fell” into the bed of my truck, so a good amount of this afternoon was trying to move things around in the shop to make enough storage space to put both of them. I definitely need a ‘non-working’ related shed to put all this stuff.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

2 8-foot kayak’s “fell” into the bed of my truck, so a good amount of this afternoon was trying to move things around in the shop to make enough storage space to put both of them. I definitely need a ‘non-working’ related shed to put all this stuff.

My wife came close to buying a Kayak on sale this spring. I was so happy that they were sold out as we don’t have any storage room for it right now other than in the basement which I really would have cringed at that prospect.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My wife came close to buying a Kayak on sale this spring. I was so happy that they were sold out as we don’t have any storage room for it right now other than in the basement which I really would have cringed at that prospect.

My wife wants a kayak too. She would also like stand up paddle board. You can buy a inflatable kayak. They would be alittle easier to store.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Congratulations , yeah it’s definitely a catch of both worlds , nice to have sporting goods for activities , but definitely need a certified spot for all the equipment ,
    I’m in a similar situation , my garage /shop is full of bikes and other sports related stuff , frustrating at times when you just need to do something smaller on the saws and you have to move stuff around lol
    Hopefully you will find a solution.

I’m back in the plant today , it was hard getting my 🍑 out of bed this morning at 5 am , oh well , back to the grind , have to call maintenance and security , looks like it’s time to calibrate the icy and gas detection system , it looks slightly off scale
    Then start up the distiller and get the filling station up and running

Doobie

My wife wants a kayak too. She would also like stand up paddle board. You can buy a inflatable kayak. They would be alittle easier to store.

I wouldn’t trust an inflatable one. She would be using it off the shores of Lake Ontario just down the street from us. Heavy winds, and she could drift out for miles maybe. Mind you, I’ve never even seen an inflatable Kayak, but I assume they are super light weight.

I recall being out in a pretty decent quality rubber dinghy on a small lake with a buddy when I was in my 20s. The dinghy wasn’t one of those made for little kids either, you could mount a motor on it if you wished. We had solid wooden boat paddles with us, but the winds really picked up. It was near impossible for us to get back to shore and we were both in very good shape seasoned canoeists but we just didn’t realize how with no keel and being this big floating sail of puffed up balloon, we were at the mercy of the winds. Ended up giving that dinghy away years later. The dinghy was a hand me down, and living in an apartment at the time, I wasn’t about to buy a motor for it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep, I have one and it sure comes in handy keeping stuff like that out of the way. If you have rafters store those kayaks up near the ceiling, lots of examples on YouTube

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a door and a 6′ patio door.
    Different addresses.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Working on a guitar.

While I was doing that the furnace installers were here. Some complications because of the way the last one was put in. They fired it up and, because we haven’t used a furnace in years, all the vents were closed. The air redirected under the laminate floor and pushed apart a couple of seams that don’t seem to want to go back together again. It was weird, the whole floor started to rise when they turned it on.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Working on a guitar.

While I was doing that the furnace installers were here. Some complications because of the way the last one was put in. They fired it up and, because we haven’t used a furnace in years, all the vents were closed. The air redirected under the laminate floor and pushed apart a couple of seams that don’t seem to want to go back together again. It was weird, the whole floor started to rise when they turned it on.

Wow that is strange that the floor was lifting when the furnace turn on with the vents closed. I guess the air had to go somewhere. Good to hear the furnace got replaced. This should be a good selling for your place.

I took the day off work today as I was feeling too good. I couldn’t get any sleep last night. I think I just fell asleep when the my alarm went off. So I got up and called in. I did manage get alittle sleep today.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The air redirected under the laminate floor and pushed apart a couple of seams that don’t seem to want to go back together again. It was weird, the whole floor started to rise when they turned it on.

Man JDO sometimes it seems like you can’t get a break.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Working on a guitar.

Geeze man , that’s kinda funny , I wonder if it could be small pieces of debris and stuff that was sitting in the vent pipes that was pushed under the flooring , I hope you can get it figured out and fixed up Jim , to bad I’m far away from you , I’d definitely offer some of my time to help out.

For me , still filling up the container with distilled water from our distiller ,
    Will be installing another run of bulbs or cell’s depends on what my boss wants me to get done ,

Viewing 20 posts - 2,001 through 2,020 (of 2,056 total)
  • The topic ‘V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.446 seconds