dcsimg

V-39 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

At the beginning of October I decided to add another addition on to my house , it is 12 ft x 26 ft and is going to be my new shop seeing as my garage is full . I am just waiting on a 8 ft garage door to come .

Gonna be a nice shop cranbrook. You still have the Vette and Camero in the garage?

Yes I still have both cars , that is why I need a new shop . plus it will be much warmer and easy to get the houses out without removing the entire entrance .

cranbrook2
    Pro

At the beginning of October I decided to add another addition on to my house , it is 12 ft x 26 ft and is going to be my new shop seeing as my garage is full . I am just waiting on a 8 ft garage door to come .

Hey long time , hope you and your family are doing well

Looks great , will you be doing metal or shingles on the roof , looks like you have both already. I like the metal one
    I’m on my smart phone hard to see , but it looks like metal roof on the highest portion.

Thanks ! I used the same shingles I used 2 years ago for the new roof . I also did all the electrical , heating and insulation already .I am just working on all the shelving now.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Finished the grout on a mosaic tile backsplash job I took on a week or so ago…

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNYZeTkNI8s6nIqBrqCOd5yrJNgoLxTxrKM1jp0

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPIF-jCNqn5pySfULiEFQCVXpOSqUNcE5LEQxpZ

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

At the beginning of October I decided to add another addition on to my house , it is 12 ft x 26 ft and is going to be my new shop seeing as my garage is full .

Cranbrook nice to see you dropping in and updating us on the house project. That new garage/shop looks great. Plenty of space now. How is the birdhouse business?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looks great , will you be doing metal or shingles on the roof , looks like you have both already. I like the metal one
    I’m on my smart phone hard to see , but it looks like metal roof on the highest portion.

Thanks ! I used the same shingles I used 2 years ago for the new roof . I also did all the electrical , heating and insulation already .I am just working on all the shelving now.

That’s a great looking addition @cranbrook2 Sure going to be a comfortable place to work in the winter. Is it heated independently from the house?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Your link no work.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian wrote:

cranbrook2 wrote:

It’s looking awesome. Do you have an easy time with the local officials adding an addition or do you have to go through all kinds of approvals and paperwork? Regardless, a new shop is worth it. By the way, good to hear from you John.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Boschmanbrian wrote:

cranbrook2 wrote:

It’s looking awesome. Do you have an easy time with the local officials adding an addition or do you have to go through all kinds of approvals and paperwork? Regardless, a new shop is worth it. By the way, good to hear from you John.

Thank you ! It was very easy to get a permit , I spent 10 minutes drawing up the plan and I had a permit the next afternoon . All inspections on both additions I had no infractions on framing , insulation or wiring . I guess I am lucky 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like a great working space, Will you build a ramp from the 8′ door? Is that a swing door or a garage door?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Boschmanbrian wrote:

cranbrook2 wrote:

Thank you ! It was very easy to get a permit , I spent 10 minutes drawing up the plan and I had a permit the next afternoon . All inspections on both additions I had no infractions on framing , insulation or wiring . I guess I am lucky 🙂

Or still that good. Not your first rodeo.

Ron

cranbrook2
    Pro

Looks like a great working space, Will you build a ramp from the 8′ door? Is that a swing door or a garage door?

In the spring I am going to add a 8 ft wide deck along the back of the house so I will also be able to build in front of the garage door . Then landscape up to it in that area . The deck will be 8 ft x 37 ft

Here is a before pic

In the spring I am going to add a 8 ft wide deck along the back of the house so I will also be able to build in front of the garage door . Then landscape up to it in that area . The deck will be 8 ft x 37 ft

Wow. Your house is really coming along. You have been busy. Must be nice with no neighbours to complain any more. Want them back? (inside joke between Cranbrook and I)

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

CB
    Pro

@cranbrook2

The before and after photos of your remodel offer a stunningly stark contrast in how one can completely transform a staid old barn roof structure into an elevation that is modern and expansive.

Your window arrangement is wall opening and eye opening at the same time.

Nice work.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Thank you ! It was very easy to get a permit , I spent 10 minutes drawing up the plan and I had a permit the next afternoon . All inspections on both additions I had no infractions on framing , insulation or wiring . I guess I am lucky

That’s great. I was going to put a 1 car addition onto my 2 car garage and I had to have a public hearing to get approval. I have 2 acres and it was not going to bother anyone. Government can be trying at times.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Thank you ! It was very easy to get a permit , I spent 10 minutes drawing up the plan and I had a permit the next afternoon . All inspections on both additions I had no infractions on framing , insulation or wiring . I guess I am lucky

Government can be trying at times.

They try all the time.
    No respite. 😀

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Your link no work.

Fixed it.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Another round with my neighbours snow thrower. I have the carb stripped off it again. By the looks of it I am not the first human in there. I looked online and there are brand new carbs for under $25 including shipping. I spoke with the guy and sent him the link, so a new carb is going on when it gets here.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Went and looked at a job today. To start all the door and window opening are done like these. And this is just part of all the problems. 😡 Claims to have paid a couple handymen for what has been done. I’m thinking they weren’t very handy. lol

Ron

Your link no work.

Fixed it.

I also tried the first time , didn’t work , and still didn’t work for me 😭

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Your link no work.

Fixed it.

I also tried the first time , didn’t work , and still didn’t work for me 😭

Not for me ether. Says I need to log in to google.

Ron

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.635 seconds