dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 4 windows today.
    Aluminum sliders.

I got the last of the poly on the vanity doors, so they are all done. I found the knobs for them but I had forgot to pick up hinges. Also used up the propane for my heater, so I have to fill the tank now too. Hope to get the car back from the body shop tomorrow. Then I can get those errands done.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Just in case your wondering. Looks like I have nothing worry about.

Glad to hear that. 👍

Thanks!!

I got the doors glued up today. It was not the easiest I’ve ever done.

The doors look really good! I like shiplap look. Very nice.
    I have been want try doing shiplap on a project. I have couple things the wife has requested for me to make.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Installed 4 windows today.
    Aluminum sliders.

What do you use to fasten them in the hole?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Today was the beginning of some new projects. This HO needed me to trim a bunch of vines and rhododendrons down to let some sun into her house, replace a few rotted deck boards and then some waterlogged trim as well. I got the pruning done today and will be back tomorrow to finish up the rest.

Charlie

Instagram

I finished up on this detached unit I was finishing – trim and paint are all done and the HO seemed pleased.

It started out with no insulation or drywall on the ceiling, a green shag carpeted loft over the beams, a couple of holes in the floating floor for a beam and those shelf stairs, no trim anywhere, and the walls were green and purple, lol!

Turned out nice 👌 Charlie
    Looks like it’s definitely going to be a much more comfortable space now.

Just finished off the cylinder of liquid nitrogen , brought it out to the holding area , the pumps seem to be reacting much better , now I’ll do a bake out of the sorption pumps with the heater jackets
    Then go give my assembly department a hand.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Today I finished another 4 windows.
    Same aluminum sliders.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Same aluminum sliders.

Must be a big window replacement job. Residential or commercial?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Same aluminum sliders.

Same site ?

They have been organizing the shop floor , made a new line , one is for high volume , and the other one is low volume , so they needed to add to our tools , I’m anxious to get this one set up and try it out
    They needed to add a small machine shop for us to build the assemblies and flight control boxes.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Same aluminum sliders.

Same site ?

They have been organizing the shop floor , made a new line , one is for high volume , and the other one is low volume , so they needed to add to our tools , I’m anxious to get this one set up and try it out
    They needed to add a small machine shop for us to build the assemblies and flight control boxes.

Same place.
    What’s with the lathe?

Same aluminum sliders.

Same site ?

Same place.
    What’s with the lathe?

They bought it for the new line assembly for low volume , the industrial engineering decided that the way we were set up wasn’t efficient enough , so they separated the department , but had to spend money for machine and tools
    So we got a new lathe. 😊

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Same aluminum sliders.

Same site ?

Same place.
    What’s with the lathe?

They bought it for the new line assembly for low volume , the industrial engineering decided that the way we were set up wasn’t efficient enough , so they separated the department , but had to spend money for machine and tools
    So we got a new lathe. 😊

A 14″ x 40″ is one of the best from King.
    It’s something around $8000 CAD

I brought the vanity doors in. I still haven’t found hinges that I want. I did get the propane tank refilled for the shop heater yesterday though. Today is cold and wet. Got the fire going and I’m taking the day off.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a sweet looking lathe. I am sure you can’t wait to try it.

At work there is a lathe, milling machine and surface grinder in the Maintenance shop. Not sure if they ever get used. I wish I could use them.

Greg

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Managed to get 3 out of 4 units finished on the 4plex before running out of studs.

Lumber yard wasn’t able to get more material to us till first load in the morning so we took off and spent thee day doing freebies, finally pleasing a customer on a job that should have been long over.

Same aluminum sliders.

Same site ?

Same place.
    What’s with the lathe?

So we got a new lathe. 😊

A 14″ x 40″ is one of the best from King.
    It’s something around $8000 CAD

I looked at the king Canada site , I am glad it’s not coming out of my pocket LoL
    But I was going over the lathe today , looks pretty sweet , and came withA few different accessories
    I’m looking forward to using it , just have to wait till the electricians hook it up.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Managed to get 3 out of 4 units finished on the 4plex before running out of studs.

Always happens when you’re on a roll, you run out of materials.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Finished up a deck I’ve been building yesterday. Fair size at 26′ x 16′ above a walkout basement.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 9 windows today. The whole house actually.
    What is left is the entrance door and a patio door in the back.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA
Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.183 seconds