dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,000 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Doobie gonna call this point grabbing but it already started with Hojo so let continue lol…
    Yes they do still make Koa wood canoes. That one is a sailing canoe. The traditional way of building them is passed down to the youth here. Hawaiian Immersion schools are big here now too.

Did i miss something , was he promoted to moderator ,

We have outrigger races here also , I built a big 10 x12 bill board for my friend who organized the races.

Doobie

Finished up getting the work done for a pour for my front yard newer lamp post relocation. This job has moved exceptionally well since I started at it yesterday. Quite happy!

Not using your Makita powered wheel barrow LOL?

No, simply because of the terrain it needs to go over from my backyard where the bags and mixer are to the front yard. It’s a little too prone to maybe tipping over getting over certain humps that are there right now.

I got some stock prepared for doors for the bathroom vanity. Some knots that I had to stabilize with epoxy, so going to wait until tomorrow to do more.

Started fussing with the wooden coffin smoother I got. I don’t think it is a great example, but will do for a starter in wood planes. Touchy to adjust it. Then I grazed my finger with a chisel and started bleeding so I called it a day. I bleed more from hand tools than I ever do from power tools.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Finished up getting the work done for a pour for my front yard newer lamp post relocation. This job has moved exceptionally well since I started at it yesterday. Quite happy!

No, simply because of the terrain it needs to go over from my backyard where the bags and mixer are to the front yard. It’s a little too prone to maybe tipping over getting over certain humps that are there right now.

If it’s that tippy, what good is it? Wheelbarrows, at least ones worth using, can handle all sorts of obstacles without tipping.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

If it’s that tippy, what good is it? Wheelbarrows, at least ones worth using, can handle all sorts of obstacles without tipping.

I’m not redoing a whole bunch of temp 100 lb stones I placed where the issue is for what would be 4 or 5 loads of concrete to do this one job. On normal straight on humps, it would be fine. But here, I’d have to climb the patio stones at a 45 degree angle, which it can do with lighter loads, but at real heavy loads, I already know how it could tip going over that area.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I’m not redoing a whole bunch of temp 100 lb stones I placed where the issue is for what would be 4 or 5 loads of concrete to do this one job. On normal straight on humps, it would be fine. But here, I’d have to climb the patio stones at a 45 degree angle, which it can do with lighter loads, but at real heavy loads, I already know how it could tip going over that area.

So, it’s powered, but it won’t do what a “regular” wheelbarrow will do. So, again, what good is it?

Doobie

So, it’s powered, but it won’t do what a “regular” wheelbarrow will do. So, again, what good is it?

It’s simply because it’s 3 wheeled. It poses different navigation issues. But other than this one scenario, I’ve been using it regularly.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It’s simply because it’s 3 wheeled. It poses different navigation issues. But other than this one scenario, I’ve been using it regularly.

OK, I get it, it’s great, but it’s limited, that’s what I said. LMAO

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Well I got the entertainment wall finished up today. Home owner even had the LED light hooked up.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Well I got the entertainment wall finished up today. Home owner even had the LED light hooked up.

That looks beautiful Ron ,
    I’m sure you will be getting more business after friends and family of that client see what beautiful work you have done

As for me , waiting for the liquid nitrogen to finish up the last bake out of the ion pumps
    So I’ll just be helping my old department with some smaller assemblies today.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Some yard work and Halloween decorating

That’s sounds like menial housekeeping. Not shop or site work.

Are we back to surreptitious points grabbing again Howard?

Are you saying that you have never posted a post like this? Give me a break!!! Lighten up a bit and read what you put up.

The amount of fluff posts I put up is menial and well below the 20-30% threshold that Jim found acceptable.

Howard has 2714 posts. I doubt even 14 of those are valued content. Things like raking leaves and buying Xmas ornaments is not content. Isn’t this the kind of excessive points grabbing activity that many are lamenting about? I should be applauding rather than having potshots and fingers wagged at me. Sheesh!

Who is Howard?

On the weekend since I am waiting on some siding for the extension, I put the weather stripping on all of the doors (Garage door, man door to the outside and the door between as only one side is heated) in the mean time.

Will

A little more epoxy filling of knot holes to stabilize them. A touch of hand planing too. A light day in the shop. The rest was taken up with other mundane tasks.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Started a roof

I have been trying to get away from these things for years but they keep pulling me back.

When you are the go to guy for all of your customers needs you hate to decline them

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Started a roof

Are you stacking it or roofing it??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Just replacing shingles on this.

I built her two story deck all of her windows,doors and siding

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent the day yesterday framing in a small void in a client’s bathroom to make a finished book for shelving. The space was small and awkward, but they’ll get a few adjustable shelves when it’s all said and done.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I spent the day yesterday framing in a small void in a client’s bathroom to make a finished book for shelving. The space was small and awkward, but they’ll get a few adjustable shelves when it’s all said and done.

Nice , did you finish it with regular jyprok ,

Day off work today , just brought my car in $$$ for suspension and ball joints and upper and lower bearings
    Going to blow out the irrigation system and finish the paint shaker

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ron that cabinet came out super. Very nicely done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

WOW WOW WOW! Just beautiful Ron. You do such nice work!

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,001 total)

The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.028 seconds