dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,000 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks everyone. The entertainment wall was a fun build. Hope to get it finished up this weekend.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a window only. That should be enough because it’s saturday

Doobie

Thanks everyone. The entertainment wall was a fun build. Hope to get it finished up this weekend.

I know it’s time demanding Ron, but that would have a made a really great build thread. Really love the look and the style Ron. She’s a beaut!

Finished up with the auger bits. Tested each one I sharpened on a piece of maple before I put it on the rack. Gave them all a shot of Fluid Film to keep the rust at bay.

Cleaned up a bit, then split a bit of fire wood and brought it in the house.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Wire brushing all the bits I have that fit in the hand brace. Tedious work. I think I may be shopping for a new bench grinder soon. This one is about to let the smoke out of it soon I think.

I got a good deal on 6 inch WEN Bench grinder off Amazon. It was one of there Warehouse Deals. I think I paid around $45.00. It seems to work pretty good.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

Finished up getting the work done for a pour for my front yard newer lamp post relocation. This job has moved exceptionally well since I started at it yesterday. Quite happy!

I dropped and broke my french press that I keep at work – damn.

Will

I got a good deal on 6 inch WEN Bench grinder off Amazon. It was one of there Warehouse Deals. I think I paid around $45.00. It seems to work pretty good.

Wow thanks. I never even thought of Amazon. I was just going to go to the local hardware store or NAPA.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Some yard work and Halloween decorating

Doobie

That’s sounds like menial housekeeping. Not shop or site work.

Are we back to surreptitious points grabbing again Howard?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dam and I was gonna talk about the work van cleaning,, and stocking up to head on out to the house farm Monday morning..
    You know lubing up all the clips on the tie off crap. Built a new set of pony horses. Just trying to get ready for the race.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@dirtywhiteboy since you are in Hawaii I am curious do they make these outriggers by hand out of real wood?

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Another 6 hour day in the shop today trying to create separate wood and metal working areas. A slight bit better arrangement than before – but a whole lot less than I was hoping for.
    Looks like the only way to resolve this is waiting for a larger shop.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Doobie gonna call this point grabbing but it already started with Hojo so let continue lol…
    Yes they do still make Koa wood canoes. That one is a sailing canoe. The traditional way of building them is passed down to the youth here. Hawaiian Immersion schools are big here now too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Wow thanks. I never even thought of Amazon. I was just going to go to the local hardware store or NAPA.

That grinder sells for around $75 now. I just checked. The one I got was sold as used. As it was a return.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

Dam and I was gonna talk about the work van cleaning,, and stocking up to head on out to the house farm Monday morning..
    You know lubing up all the clips on the tie off crap. Built a new set of pony horses. Just trying to get ready for the race.

Not the same. You’re clening a work van and a saw horse thing. That’s shop/work related. Howard is doin’ diddly related to shop/work/site stuff. Come on!

Cut and glued up 8 clipboards today. I will plane and mill them tomorrow to make the finished product. Also worked on some storage for clamps using standard 1/2″ pipe and plates. Pictures hopefully some time tomorrow.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Cut and glued up 8 clipboards today.

That’s a lot of clipboards. A good clipboard is hard to come by anymore.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Gotta watch out for the point grabbing police @dirtywhiteboy, ever vigilant to preserve the high standard of content on this forum. They’re coming to get you!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Finished up getting the work done for a pour for my front yard newer lamp post relocation. This job has moved exceptionally well since I started at it yesterday. Quite happy!

Not using your Makita powered wheel barrow LOL?

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,001 total)

The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.712 seconds