dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,000 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

Small project day. But first….

I tried the my new Bosch 18 ga nail gun. It’s about 1/2 the weight of my old one. Has a narrower nose so it’s easy to see where you’re putting the nail and has a bump fire feature. It works nice and does not leave a mark behind from the nose like my old one did. I doubt I will ever use the bump fire mode on it, but it works pretty nice.

On to the project. I found a piece of walnut out of my scrap bin and drilled a whole bunch of 1/2″ holes part way into it. Then I extended those holes with a 1/4″ bit. A coat of BLO and dark wax and bingo, I have a place that holds all my router bits no matter what the shank size is. In one spot I put a 1/4″ piece of dowel in and sanded down the diameter for the extra bit that exchanges on the shaft.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 2 up-an-down window in a rental building.

I have no car. I brought it into the body shop today. Hoping it’s back by the end of the week.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

What area are you installing them
    I like those New up down windows
    Do you use the same supplier , or do you have a few to choose from.

@jimdaddyo that’s a nice little stand great idea to use the scrap on

It’s definitely weird not having a car ,
    I’ll bring mine into the shop next week , just to much work for me to tackle
    Two coil springs , strut bearing top plates
    Two ball joints , table bushings alignment and there was something else just can’t remember it right now
    PS poor bank account is going to take a beating 😭

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Two ball joints , table bushings alignment and there was something else just can’t remember it right now

Those 2 I installed them on St Denis. It’s a royal PITA to find a parking place with all those road infrastructure work.
    Same supplier, nothing changed. No names, no advertising. I’m not paid to do that.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent the day getting a families to-do list shortened. Patched a couple of holes in their ceiling from light fixtures I had removed or changed, painted their bathroom a slightly darker color, swapped out the light fixture in the same bathroom, out in a couple of towel bars and a toilet paper dispenser bar, and made a small ladder for their shorter kids to use on the zip line I built them earlier this summer.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Those 2 I installed them on St Denis. It’s a royal PITA to find a parking place with all those road infrastructure work.
    Same supplier, nothing changed. No names, no advertising. I’m not paid to do that.

Yeah it’s a pain when you have to try to find places to park close to the job site , last thing you want is to be hauling tools and accessories back and forth
    Sounds like you have a good supplier , I might have to Text you when I ready to replace my thermo pains. I assume he can make those , my frame and mechanisms are still in great shape.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have no car. I brought it into the body shop today. Hoping it’s back by the end of the week.

That’s a bummer JDO. Hopefully they will get it fixed and right back to you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Small project day. But first….

I tried the my new Bosch 18 ga nail gun. It’s about 1/2 the weight of my old one. Has a narrower nose so it’s easy to see where you’re putting the nail and has a bump fire feature. It works nice and does not leave a mark behind from the nose like my old one did. I doubt I will ever use the bump fire mode on it, but it works pretty nice.

On to the project. I found a piece of walnut out of my scrap bin and drilled a whole bunch of 1/2″ holes part way into it. Then I extended those holes with a 1/4″ bit. A coat of BLO and dark wax and bingo, I have a place that holds all my router bits no matter what the shank size is. In one spot I put a 1/4″ piece of dowel in and sanded down the diameter for the extra bit that exchanges on the shaft.

Sounds like you are liking your new Bosch nail gun.

That is nice idea for router bit holder. Looks like works great. I might have steal this idea. I only have a few loose bits and I have a few router bit sets.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Bee boxes and frames, my wife and step daughter needed more so I had to do a bunch in a hurry.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We like to call them single hung windows.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Wire brushing all the bits I have that fit in the hand brace. Tedious work. I think I may be shopping for a new bench grinder soon. This one is about to let the smoke out of it soon I think.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Same here. We have double hung too.
    I’m pretty sure you have those too.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I got into the shop today and made some shavings.. I built a rack for my turning tools. Took maybe an hour or so.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Yeah it’s a pain when you have to try to find places to park close to the job site , last thing you want is to be hauling tools and accessories back and forth
    Sounds like you have a good supplier , I might have to Text you when I ready to replace my thermo pains. I assume he can make those , my frame and mechanisms are still in great shape.

Text me when you’re ready and we’ll find a solution.

That’s a bummer JDO. Hopefully they will get it fixed and right back to you.

Body work. It’s 12 years old.

Sounds like you are liking your new Bosch nail gun.

It’s a huge improvement over my old one. Yeah, I like it.

That is nice idea for router bit holder. Looks like works great. I might have steal this idea

Steal away my friend. I saw something similar somewhere and stole it too. But that’s why I posted it. Ideas are only good if they are shared.

Doobie

Cleaned up the shop today. It’s looking like mostly rain days this week, so I might do some work in the shop for a change, just not sure what. Shop had turned into a dumping ground for all sorts of stuff lately.

Also unpacked and inspected a new lamp post that we ordered from Costco. One of the shades had a crack, so I called the manufacturer and they’re sending me out a replacement shade. That’s my next concrete job, a new base for this new lamp.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Same here. We have double hung too.
    I’m pretty sure you have those too.

Yup,, single hungs and double hungs. Then you have your casements and jalousie windows, oh lets not forget the awning windows.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I finished installing the sheet rock in the ceiling I’m working on today. I only put up 6 sheets in the whole day, but man was it difficult feeling! By myself, up into the rafters and balanced between them was not ideal…I had a kind of make shift platform up there but it was almost in the way as much as it was helpful. My new 3’ Bessey clamps were really helpful though.

Charlie

Instagram

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Got my latest bookcase installed yesterday. They are 18’ wide x10’ tall out of white oak. This was my first time doing a ladder.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,001 total)

The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.652 seconds