dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

@cmeyer25 sounds like a good project , not big , but plenty of different jobs to be taken care of.
    I’m sure it’s going to turn out beautiful like all your other projects Charlie.

Thanks Brian 🙂

The one big part of it will be putting up drywall over the entire ceiling…I’m not a drywaller so that’ll be interesting, lol. Luckily, the finish on the rest of the walls isn’t really smooth or perfect looking, so I’ve got some room for error. I’ve never used a lift before either, but that’ll be a must for this project. And will hopefully make it go a lot faster too.

Good idea with the lift , will you rent it or just buy one ,
    I’ve never used one , either had hired jyprok guys when I was in the business , or just manhandled it with my partner and helper
    Depending on the size of the projects.
    Looking forward to seeing more of this project Charlie 👍

Went over to a neighbours and cleared out some wood he had for the wood stove. Fired up the splitter and got most of it split and stacked. Some more to do but I have to cut them to length first.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@cmeyer25 sounds like a good project , not big , but plenty of different jobs to be taken care of.

Thanks Brian 🙂

The one big part of it will be putting up drywall over the entire ceiling…I’m not a drywaller so that’ll be interesting, lol. Luckily, the finish on the rest of the walls isn’t really smooth or perfect looking, so I’ve got some room for error. I’ve never used a lift before either, but that’ll be a must for this project. And will hopefully make it go a lot faster too.

I’ve never used one , either had hired jyprok guys when I was in the business , or just manhandled it with my partner and helper

I’ll probably rent. Im not planning on doing a bunch more drywall in the future, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 4 aluminum crank windows and a front door.

Doobie

I think I’ll order the Bosch zero clearance from OPB or pick it up from Tony tools. Or even order it from them

The reviews on the Bosch made ZCI are pretty bad Brian. You might want to make one yourself or buy that Leecraft one off Amazon. It was $55 IIRC. Bit pricey, but it is well made.

I had to go play at being an appliance repair person and plumber for my mom, I hate plumbing but her clothes washing is working and draining now, so at least I was successful.

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I think I’ll order the Bosch zero clearance from OPB or pick it up from Tony tools. Or even order it from them

The reviews on the Bosch made ZCI are pretty bad Brian. You might want to make one yourself or buy that Leecraft one off Amazon. It was $55 IIRC. Bit pricey, but it is well made.

Doe the blade on a jobsite saw run true enough to warrant the use of a ZCI? Most use thin kerf blades which are notorious for deflection.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Doe the blade on a jobsite saw run true enough to warrant the use of a ZCI? Most use thin kerf blades which are notorious for deflection.

Good point Peter, I’ll have to be on the lookout for that also when I do go to use the ZCI each time. I don’t expect to need it often at all. This saw is intended as a jobsite saw. The ZCI is gonna see very little use.

But one thing I just thought I will need to check now that I have aligned to motor parallel to the miter slots, is to check the fence for parralel. That will be out now.

Thanks Brian 🙂

I’ll probably rent. Im not planning on doing a bunch more drywall in the future, lol!

Good idea Charlie , no use spending money on something you will only use once and a while

I just changed a flapper and a few other things around the house , did some running around for errands

Really , I’ll have to take a look , it’s not that expensive anyway only something like 16 dollars.
    This is one of the reasons I like to physically see what I’m buying before I order anything. If I feel I don’t like it, or find it will work , I’ll look for other alternatives.
    But thanks for the heads up.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

This is one of the reasons I like to physically see what I’m buying before I order anything.

I’m the same way Brian. Hate to buy anything before seeing it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Really , I’ll have to take a look , it’s not that expensive anyway only something like 16 dollars.
    This is one of the reasons I like to physically see what I’m buying before I order anything. If I feel I don’t like it, or find it will work , I’ll look for other alternatives.

This is one of the reasons I like to physically see what I’m buying before I order anything.

This was one instance where reading reviews on multiple seller’s sites was worth the exercise to not potentially waste my time in getting the Bosch ZCI for my 4100 table saw. Just too many comments about how flimsy it was and disatisfied buyers.

With that said, the aftermarket Leecraft ZCI had a host of complaints that the fit was too tight and needed shaving to fit buyer’s saws. I found it to be loose myself, and was prepared to tape up it’s edges initially for a proper tight fit til I saw upon further inspection it had a front and side imbedded adjustment screws which solved that issue PDQ.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Today as usual taking cares of papers, bills, etc

Today I did garage cleanup, wired in the 2 outside plugs on the new addition and started harvesting the grapes growing over my deck.

Will

Did very little. Cut 4 pieces of plywood to go under the new windows on the inside to cover where the old windows were. Then put them in.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Today I did garage cleanup, wired in the 2 outside plugs on the new addition and started harvesting the grapes growing over my deck.

That looks very yummy!
    Are you going to make some wine or just to eat?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This was one instance where reading reviews on multiple seller’s sites was worth the exercise to not potentially waste my time in getting the Bosch ZCI for my 4100 table saw. Just too many comments about how flimsy it was and disatisfied buyers.

With that said, the aftermarket Leecraft ZCI had a host of complaints that the fit was too tight and needed shaving to fit buyer’s saws. I found it to be loose myself, and was prepared to tape up it’s edges initially for a proper tight fit til I saw upon further inspection it had a front and side imbedded adjustment screws which solved that issue PDQ.

I don’t understand why folks buy ZCIs when they are so easy to make. Every shop has more than enough scrap to do the job. I batch out the blanks a half dozen or so at a time to use as the old ones wear out. The ones for dado blades and bevel cuts last a long time but the straight cuts need frequent replacement.

Clearance for riving knives adds a bit more work but still doesn’t justify the expense of commercial inserts.

OK, there’s my rant for the day. I started on another shop storage cabinet today. I will use a soft maple laminated work surface I have had for a while now. Finished size will give a work surface about 24 x 48 with a combination of drawers and pullout shelves under… slowly getting the clutter under control. Glued up the side panels and centre divider and roughed out the stretchers. Pics to follow….

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Dealt with the new heat cable on the incoming water line today. Sure seems like there should have been a better way to run the waterline up underneath the mobile home – but dealt with what was there and improved the situation a bit by digging up the PVC the waterline was fed through and aligning it with the water tank a bit better.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I don’t understand why folks buy ZCIs when they are so easy to make. Every shop has more than enough scrap to do the job. I batch out the blanks a half dozen or so at a time to use as the old ones wear out. The ones for dado blades and bevel cuts last a long time but the straight cuts need frequent replacement.

Clearance for riving knives adds a bit more work but still doesn’t justify the expense of commercial inserts.

OK, there’s my rant for the day. I started on another shop storage cabinet today. I will use a soft maple laminated work surface I have had for a while now. Finished size will give a work surface about 24 x 48 with a combination of drawers and pullout shelves under… slowly getting the clutter under control. Glued up the side panels and centre divider and roughed out the stretchers. Pics to follow….

You make a good point Peter! Making your ZCI with left over scraps. Also making them in batches is good way of doing it.

Pretty quiet day here. Went to my daughters hockey tryout/practice. Looks like her and all the other girls made the team. Should be a interesting year.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Haha yeah definitely , guess I’m showing my age LoL
    I’d rather take the time to check it out , and buy it then it’s over , don’t care to do all that stuff to return anything I bought online.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.867 seconds