dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

I finally mounted the hooks to hang up the kayak in order to lend the trailer for 2 canoes for a quick outing. Now I have to decide if I can put a storage shelf above the kayak and still get it up and down easily – never enough storage.

Will

With my step-daughter pregnant I am having to repair and prepare a lot of baby stuff, so one of the things on the weekend was this second-hand changing table with a crack on the side and destroyed drawer slides for the drawer. To me it appeared as though a child was jumping in the drawer to damage it so much. The only drawer slides I had on had the right size, should be way over rated for this application (100lb), but it is fixed.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I went and looked at a little lumber today. It’s been in this shed and bus for 30 years. Not sure how many board feet is there. But it’s a bunch. I’m getting 500 bf of walnut and another 500 bf of cherry. Bought it at .25c a board foot.

Wow that is heck of a deal. I have bought lumber cheap. But never that cheap.

Aside from sweat and gas, I’d consider that free. 25 cents a bf, that’s unreal cheap.

True!

Yesterday a buddy gave a 10′ birch log to me. It was spalted over a fair amount. He had a friend there at his place with his portable sawmill (Wood Mizer) so I got the log milled for free. Got about 180 board feet. Much of the lumber had beautiful spalting. It’s stickered in the garage. I hate having to wait for a year for it to air dry but it’s a small inconvenience when you get about $1000 of beautiful free wood. I am just blown away by his generosity

That is a nice bunch of lumber from one log. Can’t beat the price. Woodmizer sawmills do a great job sawing lumber. Before you know it the lumber will be dry.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a window and did some necessary paper work.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

On Sunday I installed a new LED Dust to Dawn yard light.

I had go into work for my first midnight. It was interesting shift. There was change in plans. I had run a mixer and fill totes for the packaging for day shift. I had several issues I had work out. I managed to fill the totes.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I finally mounted the hooks to hang up the kayak in order to lend the trailer for 2 canoes for a quick outing. Now I have to decide if I can put a storage shelf above the kayak and still get it up and down easily – never enough storage.

That Old Town is a serious whitewater canoe, Will. Do you get to give it a workout very often?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

On Sunday I installed a new LED Dust to Dawn yard light.

I had go into work for my first midnight. It was interesting shift. There was change in plans. I had run a mixer and fill totes for the packaging for day shift. I had several issues I had work out. I managed to fill the totes.

Nice light
    Glad you got everything worked out okay.

@Sorpa sounds like a slightly slower day , hopefully that’s good.

I got most everything done in the plant. Picked up my daughter from school , cleaned up the lunch stuff , put in super in the oven , road our bikes to the skate park , spent time up and down some little jumps
    And a few runs down the toboggan hill with the bikes , came home , noticed that my car had a radiator leak , turns out it was the factory clamp on the bottom rad hose , ripped off the old one , and installed a new hose clamp
    Was a good busy day.

I picked up some lumber and caulking to do the outdoor trim around the windows today.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Got busy today in my office for starters to start to really try and push on from this past weekends solemness thinking about my cat being assassinated last Friday. I’ll tell ya, the weekend was tough around here. But life must carry on!

After the office time, spent time pondering what to take on renovation wise. I have so much to do and I feel overwhelmed at times, but I did make some progress with just simply reassessing things overall. Didn’t take on anything other than doing some menial work organizing and such.

I did get my head wrapped around how to deal with my Leecraft aftermarket Bosch 4100 TS ZCI insert and snugging it up. Hadn’t even initially noticed it has side and front set screws to snug it up from being loose-ish. Now I need to set the blade on the 4100 square which out of the box it is not before diving the blade into the insert. Not today.

I took an initial look at what is involved with tweaking the motor/blade square and that could be a quick job, or an hours long struggle. Too tired right now to do that sort of thing. It’s been a full day already.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up some lumber and caulking to do the outdoor trim around the windows today.

Getting ready for winter I see. I need to do some projects like that as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Well looks like the pump is working properly after a couple of bake outs , I really didn’t feel like overhauling it again

Now just received the hot work permit , now will proceed with filling the cooling canisters with liquid nitrogen , and check for leaks

Now if I could only do some spalting to loose weight LoL.

@Boschmanbrian, Since spalting is caused by fungi, eat mushrooms over French fries, LOL

Now if I could only do some spalting to loose weight LoL.

@boschmanbrian, Since spalting is caused by fungi, eat mushrooms over French fries, LOL

Hahahaha that’s funny Lon , thanks for the laugh , just made my day 🤣😂
    I should have a decent supply in my yard

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent the day yesterday laying out new locations for can lights for a client, installing new junction boxes and fixed their leaking toilet.

Charlie

Instagram

I was working on doing some more of the swing arm lamps and decided that it made sense to make a small dedicated 45 degree cross-cut style table saw sled out of scraps, safer too.

Will

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Installed an auditorium full of seats a couple weeks ago. 344 seats. Lots of holes to drill in concrete, screws to install and seats to place. We did everything with our Bosch tools

Got my window trim for outside cut slightly oversize. Doing it quick and dirty. They are not in a high visability area, so I just want strong and extra weather protection. Making them out of pressure treated wood. Got the cuts soaked in preservative and drying now.

I took one of my extra pieces of pressure treated wood and ripped it and put it up on the shop. Seems a woodpecker has decided my wood shop siding would be a good thing to eat so I covered up the damage.

Attachments:

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 6 aluminum windows for a business.
    It started to rain and I didn’t take pictures but I have to go back with a few pieces of quarter rounds and I’ll take some pictures.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Got my window trim for outside cut slightly oversize. Doing it quick and dirty. They are not in a high visability area, so I just want strong and extra weather protection. Making them out of pressure treated wood. Got the cuts soaked in preservative and drying now.

I took one of my extra pieces of pressure treated wood and ripped it and put it up on the shop. Seems a woodpecker has decided my wood shop siding would be a good thing to eat so I covered up the damage.

Had a pair of woodpeckers go after the east end of our house this year also. Tried a whole variety of things – nothing seemed to work until I picked up some plastic ‘fencing’ that I mounted on that end of the house. That was the only thing that stopped the woodpeckers.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Had a pair of woodpeckers go after the east end of our house this year also. Tried a whole variety of things – nothing seemed to work until I picked up some plastic ‘fencing’ that I mounted on that end of the house. That was the only thing that stopped the woodpeckers.

I took a big blob of grease and spread it where he was pecking at. I don’t think he likes that spot now.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.692 seconds