dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Did nothing much but ran errands and some estimates.

The entire City of Fort Lauderdale was without water for most of the day. A Florida Power and Light subcontractor bored a six inch hole through a 42″ water main that supplies raw water to the Fort Lauderdale water treatment plant. After that they had to shut off water to the city and seven surrounding communities.

Not much to do without water.

Installed only couple of windows.
    Not in the mood for work with the vacation just around the corner.

That’s right. In Quebec, all trades and construction are off at the same time for vacation time in the summer. Is it one or two weeks off you guys do?

Do they do that sort of thing elsewhere in NA? I’ve only ever heard of Quebec doing that every year.

Yeah most manufacturing stops
    It’s changed although through out the years
    It used to be the last two weeks of July
    Now it’s the first two weeks of August
    Here we always get asked to work and take vacation at another time , that’s actually what I prefer , as usually it’s crazy trying to get into places on the two weeks of shutdown

When/where it’s the first 2 weeks of August?
    To my knowledge it starts around 20th of July and it lasts 2 weeks.

I should have phrased that better perhaps
    Alot of the aviation industry changed the schedule for shut down
    Most stay open 24/24 like our place , the so called shutdown slowdown for our manufacturing starts the last few days of July and carry into the first two weeks of August.
    The bigger construction companies are still pretty much on shutdown schedule for the last of July
    This is from my experience with being in the aviation industry
    Hey I can work 7/24 if I wanted to LoL
    We are swamped with work.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks for the kind words everyone 🙂

More progress today – everything is grouted and the closet organization system is going in. I felt smart thinking to put this up BEFORE I installed the doors, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

Will be inspecting more bulbs from the lathe , I installed all the prior ones yesterday ,
    Have to wait for the order of liquid nitrogen
    Met with a regional sales manager yesterday , he will help us get the new turbo molecular pump and dry scroll pump with controller installed and up and running , this way we should not have anymore safety reasons and downtime waiting for the liquid nitrogen.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

More progress today – everything is grouted and the closet organization system is going in. I felt smart thinking to put this up BEFORE I installed the doors, lol!

Really good looking work, Charlie. Bet your customer is pleased.

Are you going to be installing the vanity and bathroom fixtures as well?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Looos good Charlie. That’s the step I’d take as well on the doors. Will there be shelves over the hanger rods?

Huge difference Charlie , looks great
    Nice work as always
    I bet they are happy. Love that classic look in the bathroom tile.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The owners are actually my old boss from the church (the head pastor) and his wife and they are in Israel right now, so they haven’t seen anything yet except on Facebook, lol. I think they get back on Saturday, so I’m hoping to have everything buttoned up and ready for them. I still have to reinstall the toilet and put in the new vanity – they are going from two small individual vanities to one big double, and I really hope it goes smoothly. I’ll be drilling through some of that tile to anchor the vanity, so fingers crossed I don’t break any tiles!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looos good Charlie. That’s the step I’d take as well on the doors. Will there be shelves over the hanger rods?

Yep – and drawers in the middle section too. I’ll be putting those in today I think, after the vanity.

Charlie

Instagram

The owners are actually my old boss from the church (the head pastor) and his wife and they are in Israel right now, so they haven’t seen anything yet except on Facebook, lol. I think they get back on Saturday, so I’m hoping to have everything buttoned up and ready for them. I still have to reinstall the toilet and put in the new vanity – they are going from two small individual vanities to one big double, and I really hope it goes smoothly. I’ll be drilling through some of that tile to anchor the vanity, so fingers crossed I don’t break any tiles!

I assume it’s porcelain tile
    I have had great luck with the Bosch multi construction bits and the actual glass tile bits I even use the blue concrete bit , but just don’t use the drill in hammer mode. The multi construction bits actually made a decent clean hole.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Today will be a day in the shop making trim work for the house we are working on.

We probably have close to a half mile of casing to make up. I think this house has about another quarter mile of base, but we ordered what we needed for that.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Last day before vacation. Installed a patio door and a window.
    31C felt like 42C because of the humidity.

Been awhile since I have been here. Got into bees, but the shop is set up to do most of our own work with boxes, inner covers, top covers …. Have an Amish man that rough cuts polar then we let it dry and work it. Not big time and not like finish work, but keeps us busy

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Got my new (old) table saw back together and running today and the little bar fridge put in under the counter. Gotta have the ice cold brown pops in the shop, you know. I know the importance of priorities.

Gradually getting closer to being organized.

You’re just rollin’ there Peter.

Yes, the brown pops must be available for when the work is done. My favorite long day respite juice and ponderor elixir.

Was there something wrong with your table saw?

You must have missed it…he moved from one end of Ontario to way up north and bought a used smaller TS after selling his bigger cabinet saw. (I think it was a cab saw, not sure).

What did you buy again Peter?

No I didn’t miss that he moved.
    He bought a Craftsman contractor saw. I thought the TS was in pretty good shape. I was just wondering why he got it back together and got it up and running.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Got the vanity in and toilet, but I only spent about a half day there today. I’ll be going back tomorrow to finish up.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Been awhile since I have been here. Got into bees, but the shop is set up to do most of our own work with boxes, inner covers, top covers …. Have an Amish man that rough cuts polar then we let it dry and work it. Not big time and not like finish work, but keeps us busy

Nice to see you back Ed. 👍

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Good to see you back, Ed. I would like to see a few pics of what you are doing if you have a chance.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Great to hear from you Ed. Been wondering how you are. And what you have been up to. Sounds like you have gotten the bee thing figured out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Hey Ed , nice to hear from you ,
    That sounds interesting what you are doing.

Got the vanity in and toilet, but I only spent about a half day there today. I’ll be going back tomorrow to finish up.

Ohhhh nice crappper LoL
    That’s a very nice looking vanity Charlie

Nice job 👍
    What is left to do

I went into the shop this morning
    Came back home , put the vacuum in the pool , jump in and played with my daughter in the pool , had a bite to eat , just finished cutting the grass , back in the pool , now off to give the government more of my money at the saq liquor store 😂🤣😂

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.942 seconds