dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

One of the old windows I replace leaked and had some rot under it. I pulled out all the old and replaced it with new, then started adjusting the siding and putting it back up on that window. I don’t think you will be able to tell there was a longer window there when I am done. A few mistakes, I’m not telling what they are, all of them are just visual, nothing to do with structure or weather proofing.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I managed to install couple of big windows today : 84″ x 70″

Attachments:
    Doobie

A few mistakes, I’m not telling what they are,…

But why not. We all do mistakes. Even pros. 😕

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

A few mistakes, I’m not telling what they are,…

But why not. We all do mistakes. Even pros. 😕

Yup no one is perfect.

Back at putting another coat of mud on the drywall in the spare bedroom today. Did some work outside for hours before dinner. Looks like the long week is over.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Nice size windows. Looks like it’s at least 2nd story ? Were you alone.

@JimDaddyO it’s looking good Jim
    I’m sure it’s better than it was
    You always do nice work.
    Going to make a big difference this winter I’m sure

Had the day off today , went to the market with the family
    Spent some time in the pool , most probably the last time.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Nice size windows. Looks like it’s at least 2nd story ? Were you alone.

@jimdaddyo it’s looking good Jim
    You always do nice work.
    Going to make a big difference this winter I’m sure

Had the day off today , went to the market with the family
    Spent some time in the pool , most probably the last time.

All alone.
    I had to take out all the glass before starting to budge them.

But why not. We all do mistakes.

Yup no one is perfect.

it’s looking good Jim

Thanks guys. Looking at the photo again, you can sure tell which pieces were stored under the home gathering dust…lol. I guess a bit of cleaning after the job is done is in order.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Window install looks pretty, nice job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

@Sorpa yeah I guess that makes a huge difference ,
    Good luck today again being alone.

@JimDaddyO I just bought a product from CT
    It was pricey , but I just sprayed it on and it does the rest for you
    I’ll take a pic of the gallon when I get home
    Actually found it this is it , I used it on the side of the house that doesn’t get much sun , had like a greenish mold/moss on the siding lower to the ground
    Works great

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I managed to get the last cabinet box finished and on the wall yesterday. The doors will have to wait. I’m pleased with my decision to mount them high and to build them 15″ deep. There is 27″ clearance under and the depth will accommodate an LBoxx.
    Shop is taking shape slowly.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I managed to get the last cabinet box finished and on the wall yesterday. The doors will have to wait. I’m pleased with my decision to mount them high and to build them 15″ deep. There is 27″ clearance under and the depth will accommodate an LBoxx.

Wow it’s looking great Peter ,
    Will you raise the neon lighting or leave it as is nice planning on being able to fit the L boxes 👍

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Wow it’s looking great Peter ,
    Will you raise the neon lighting or leave it as is nice planning on being able to fit the L boxes 👍

Good point, Brian, I haven’t thought much yet about raising the lighting. Easy to do, they are hanging on chains so adjustment is very simple. It would make sense to keep lighting a bit more out of the way.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Actually found it this is it ,

Thanks!

Looks good. The beer fridge is in a pretty handy location too.

I worked on the new miter station for the Glide, including a “Fischer’s shop” style dust collection which either needs to be a bit taller or still have a hose going to the built in DC, but this one was rough enough that I am ok with it for now as it may even be considered a prototype. I am also waiting on more T track to complete it.

Will

Here are some pictures of the cleaner re-organized shop. I do have to get around to documenting it better when I get some time.

Looks like lots of room for projects. How are you liking the combination planer/jointer?

I do really like the planer/jointer, the spiral segmented cutter head with carbide inserts is great and I added a Digital Read Out for repeatable, it is so much more powerful and quieter than my older gear let alone having a much wider jointer than I would have likely purchased not to mention the space savings.

Will

I worked on the new miter station for the Glide, including a “Fischer’s shop” style dust collection which either needs to be a bit taller or still have a hose going to the built in DC, but this one was rough enough that I am ok with it for now as it may even be considered a prototype. I am also waiting on more T track to complete it.

Nice miter station
    Are you using both port’s for the dust collection the one on the top, and the other one you added.

@JimDaddyO your welcome Jim 👍

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Finished the project today.

Attachments:
    Doobie

Never heard of that kind of miter saw dust collector DIY add-on. Interesting!

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Finished up a duplex, and managed to get some paperwork taken care of. As long as the framing inspection passes tomorrow we won’t have to go back.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent the day epoxying rebar to the pad I had poured last week, and then building the block wall in prep for filling them with concrete tomorrow. Then I got to spend a few hours tonight cleaning and rearranging my shop.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.404 seconds