dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

Installed 6 windows and a french door.
    Too tired for pics.

That’s good , you have a helper or partner ?

Installed the glass manifold yesterday
    Today I’ll be repairing a few bulbs from the out source supplier
    And starting to install them to the manifold.

I worked with a partner for that job.
    Today I installed 2 windows and 2 doors with top light, all alone.
    I have to install Tuesday another 3 big windows to finish the project. For those ones I’m going to need a helper. You know anyone?

Do you generally work alone , and just have a partner when needed.

If I was able to work with you I’d definitely come help you ,
    The guys I used to use are all working full-time jobs now ,
    What area will you be in Tuesday

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Too tired for pics.

I have to install Tuesday another 3 big windows to finish the project. For those ones I’m going to need a helper. You know anyone?

St.André corner Jean Talon.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Boarded up two more houses yesterday, then today the storm tracking says it’s turning north.

LOL, so I am idle right now thinking should I continue to board up or should I start to undo the boarding. My own house I haven’t shuttered yet so I am not going to now.

I cleaned up the expanding foam on the outside of the windows, along with the shims. Did a bit of caulking around them and generally got them sealed up. Then indoors and insulated the blank spot below them that was taken up by the previous windows. Cut some panels for that area but haven’t fit them in yet as the lawn needed mowing.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Too tired for pics.

St.André corner Jean Talon.

Not far from my old neighborhood
    I can’t think of any one off hand.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Today was more work on the son’s bedside tables. Side panels are milled so I can glue the sides up tomorrow. Will try to remember to get some pictures then.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Today was more work on the son’s bedside tables. Side panels are milled so I can glue the sides up tomorrow. Will try to remember to get some pictures then.

Looking forward to your pictures. I have a few tables to build myself.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Finished the last 2 jobs I had to do in rental apartment. Trimmed some branches off the trees along my driveway. Dragged some of the branches out to the street for pick up. I will take the rest of the branches out to the street tomorrow.

Greg

Doobie

Fell asleep in a chair yesterday and woke up with a stiff neck. So I took the day off and watched a bunch of tennis on TV.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Finished the last 2 jobs I had to do in rental apartment. Trimmed some branches off the trees along my driveway. Dragged some of the branches out to the street for pick up. I will take the rest of the branches out to the street tomorrow.

Sounds like a busy day. I’m taking the weekend easy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Sounds like a busy day. I’m taking the weekend easy.

It was a busy day. I was pretty much exhausted at the end of the day. I would like to take the weekend off.
    Looks like today I will doing a few more jobs. I also need to cut the grass later.

Greg

Went for a nice bike ride with my daughter to the skate park , then the park ,
    Will probably start prepping the family room for painting.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Basically the entire state is paralyzed waiting for the storm.

I have all my properties shuttered up. All dark inside. Everybody watching storm advisories and projections and tracks.

On Tuesday it said it will hit us head on as a Cat 2 may be 3 on Saturday.

On Wednesday it says it will land fall very close to us on Sunday.

Thursday and Friday south florida went into panic mode, gas lines everywhere, water all gone, canned food, batteries, everything flying off the shelves. HD plywood line is 6 hours wait with max 6 sheets per customers, and propane tanks all gone.

Saturday they said it’s slowing down and strengthening, but will turn north of us but it’s then a CAT 4.

Today it has strengthened to a CAT 5, still 200 miles out directly east of me, moving slowly, going to really slam the bahamas. It dipped every so slightly so now they say the cone of death may include us again.

So this is our labor day…storm watch and anxious anticipation.

I am all shuttered up except one house in the middle of reno and has 34 windows and no way I can get plywood over the windows in time so letting that one take it’s chances. Helped two elderly neighbors put up shutters this morning now watching the news again.

Doobie

Fingers crossed for you all there Sami.

I am all shuttered up except one house in the middle of reno and has 34 windows and no way I can get plywood over the windows in time so letting that one take it’s chances.

No point in even doing some of them? Or are you also out of ply?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

You have the same situation every year over there. More or less.
    Why don’t you have a shed for each rental filled up with plywood for the windows instead of buying it every year? A piece of plywood used only a few days a year could last virtually forever. Or around that period of time 😀

@Miamicuse good luck with that , stay safe.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Fingers crossed for you all there Sami.

I am all shuttered up except one house in the middle of reno and has 34 windows and no way I can get plywood over the windows in time so letting that one take it’s chances.

No point in even doing some of them? Or are you also out of ply?

I basically do the buildings with tenant occupants. The vacant ones will be done last. This one has too many too many openings and I could have done it yesterday, but yesterday the forecast we were outside the cone of death, today we are back inside the cone of death.

I could have covered the west exposing windows but being right on the edge of cone so I hedged. Once one window is blown the roof lifts off.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

You have the same situation every year over there. More or less.
    Why don’t you have a shed for each rental filled up with plywood for the windows instead of buying it every year? A piece of plywood used only a few days a year could last virtually forever. Or around that period of time 😀

I have steel and alum panels for those it’s easier but still takes a while to put up the panels. Average six to seven panels per window and over 30 wing nuts for each window.

I do have plywood for some windows with no panels those are to be secured by Tapcon or drop in anchors. Problem is tapcon holes cannot be reused so have to drill new holes each time and the plywood has more and more holes until they can’t be used. Drop in anchors are better for reuse but they take longer to install the first time.

@miamicuse good luck with that , stay safe.

Thanks! I hope not to be be blown away
    😂😂😂

Clev08
    Pro

I got a little bit more siding on the house today, just a couple more weekends worth of work left.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Did some odd jobs around the house until I got rained out. I took some scrap metal to scrap metal bin at the edge of town.
    I remove my old window AC from our bedroom. It quit on us last week.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.152 seconds