dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Got the tops stained and finished for the big entertainment center.

Coming along nice there Ron. 👍

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I got the rest of the pine for shop cabinets milled today and 2 of the cabinet boxes built. Unusual sizes but they will suit me well for the shop. 15″ deep and 32″ high; they will be mounted just below ceiling height to allow greater working space below.

Looking forward to reducing some of the clutter in the shop.

Once I have stuff put away I can run the DC mains and drops, rearrange machines and get to making sawdust in a serious way.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Worked on mudding the spare bedroom yesterday. I took a break from it today. I did a dump run to get rid of our old couch. Our dump is only open 3 days a week. I had memory lost moment today. Being on vacation I completely forgot I had eye appointment. I normally don’t make appointments for Saturday’s. I called the and told them I forgot about my appointment. I made another appointment and I didn’t get dinged $80 for a missed appointment fee. Now I need to wait 2 months for this appointment. Not too happy about this.
    I went to the Home Hardware to pick up two 24 inch fluorescent tubes for lights over the sink in our place and the apartment. I couldn’t believe they didn’t have any. So I sent wifey a message to see if she would mine going HD to get some. She was in the city swapping out hockey equipment for youngest daughter. She no problem getting them HD.

Greg

Looking good Ron. What type of finish is going on. I always worry about scratching happening.

I barbiqued thick rib steaks that marinated in beer, garlic, and pepper overnight and drank a couple of beers too. I don’t think anyone got through their whole steak as they each weighed about a pound or more each.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I barbiqued thick rib steaks that marinated in beer, garlic, and pepper overnight and drank a couple of beers too. I don’t think anyone got through their whole steak as they each weighed about a pound or more each.

What no pictures!

Greg

What no pictures!

No I didn’t, but I could take a photo of it used tomorrow 🙂

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

What no pictures!

That might tell me it wasn’t very good. You don’t want that.

Greg

Clev08
    Pro

Finally made the sign for our house number, it will go up tomorrow as long as it’s dry and not raining.

What no pictures!

🤭🤢😷 LoL

Not much today , just decluttering , and just put together the dethatcher I bought earlier this year , I still have a few bags of mulch to lay in some of the gardens in the backyard.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looking good Ron. What type of finish is going on. I always worry about scratching happening.

Sherwin-Williams gloss cat lacquer.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

They were good yesterday, they look like crap today.

I got a second window in today. Looks just like the first one. One small measurement error had me pull things apart, but it was a small inconvienience. I forgot to subtract the thickness of the sill from it’s supports. I found the mistake soon afterwards and corrected it before I got too far along.

Doobie

What! No pics again!

Put this member on forum suspension!

😉

Worked on a batch of Christmas presents – never to early to get going on that. More to do before pics.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

What! No pics again!

Put this member on forum suspension!

😉

LOL!!

I spent most of the day putting the finishing touches on our Rental apartment. So our new tenant can move at 1st of the month. I had bring a stove out of storage in our basement. I let our last tenant you there own stove. That was a mistake. Sometimes it doesn’t pay to be a nice guy. I have only been up in apartment once since old tenant moved out. I still have to replace a screen in one of the windows & range hood over the stove. The fan was left on when the tenant moved out. We didn’t find out till the next day it was left on. Fan does work. Just not well. So I ordered a new Range Hood today. Just have to change it once it gets delivered. This guy was quite the character. Hard to believe he runs his own landscaping business.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I got the first 3 cabinets up in the shop yesterday, one more 4′ section to go. These are all solid pine, I just can’t justify the enormous price for plywood of any kind. The new bandsaw has been great resawing 4/4 material for the cabinet backs. The shop is still a shit mess but once I get some shelves in, things will improve.

I’ve been told I need to go out for a while today. Maybe that has something to do with my 77th birthday tomorrow … hmmm.

Attachments:

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I got the first 3 cabinets up in the shop yesterday, one more 4′ section to go. These are all solid pine, I just can’t justify the enormous price for plywood of any kind. The new bandsaw has been great resawing 4/4 material for the cabinet backs. The shop is still a shit mess but once I get some shelves in, things will improve.

I’ve been told I need to go out for a while today. Maybe that has something to do with my 77th birthday tomorrow … hmmm.

The cabinets look great. And happy birthday!

Charlie

Instagram

Dang it Peter , that looks great ,
    I like the look of pine

77th birthday , ? No way
    You definitely do more work than some 👍👊
    Happy birthday Peter.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Cabinets are looking good. Nice hear your new bandsaw is doing a good job for you.

I got run a few errands and get few things. Then back to work after being off for a few weeks.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.561 seconds