dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

Here is some pictures of my Miter saw stand.

Quite different from my old WolfCraft. Yours is likely a more updated version of mine.

You and I probably had the similar model , mine had those wood wings for attaching the miter saw.

Doobie

Quite different from my old WolfCraft. Yours is likely a more updated version of mine.

You and I probably had the similar model , mine had those wood wings for attaching the miter saw.

What brand is yours Brian?

Mine was the MasterCraft steel frame.
    Extremely solid except for the plastic wheels. But I had changed them for rubber ones.

Doobie

Extremely solid except for the plastic wheels. But I had changed them for rubber ones.

Do you recall where you got your replacement wheels for it Brian? Couldn’t find anything at PA that would work.

Do you recall where you got your replacement wheels for it Brian? Couldn’t find anything at PA that would work.

I’m lucky I have some at the shop just borrow them for a few years 🤔, bring them back when I’m done LoL

Actually I believe that they have loosely sold wheels at Reno Depot and I would imagine most hardware or big box stores.
    I could always send you some out if you need.

I’ll be back in the shop next week.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I would say mine is a updated version of yours too. I have had for 9 or 10 years.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

I would say mine is a updated version of yours too. I have had for 9 or 10 years.

I bought mine maybe almost 19 years ago and I think I bought it at HD.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Still on vacation this week. Little hard to get motivated after last week taking it easy at the trailer.
    I had to make a few calls yesterday. One was to Amazon to return a sharpening stone that I got for sharpening my axes. Some how I received 2 and I only ordered one. I got a full refund and got to keep the extra sharpening stone. I also made a call to get new internet. Should have it up and running early next week.
    Moved out a old couch and cut it into pieces. So it would be easier to load and unload at the dump. This also made fit in the back of the truck easier. Having a hard cover on my truck limits what I can haul in the back of it. I didn’t want to use my trailer to take the couch to the dump. The trailer is a real pita to back up as it to short. I have hard time seeing when I backing up the trailer with my truck. Started back working on the spare bedroom yesterday. I had a bunch stuff I need to take out of the bedroom. It seems like has been a good spot to store stuff. Back at working at the dry wall today.

Greg

Starting to get my welding table and metal working section set up in the new extension.

Will

Some minor refinishing job on the go, cleaning up, etc. The temperature and humidity are supposed to disappear tomorrow, so I am looking at starting window replacement soon. I got 4 of them to do, all the same. I am shooting for one a day. A little conservative on my time line, but we’ll see how the first one goes and adjust from there.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Today I installed only a front door.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I put in about 200 square feet of decking today in the rain. It went pretty smoothly and I think I’ve set myself up to get a lot more done tomorrow too.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I put in about 200 square feet of decking today in the rain. It went pretty smoothly and I think I’ve set myself up to get a lot more done tomorrow too.

Looking good Charlie. Are wrapping the columns part of the job also?

Looks good Charlie ,

Just dropped off my car at the dealership for a recall and a alignment
    I also put my bike in the back and then came back by bike , it’s a good ride , I’ll probably do that same thing to pick it up later today.
    I’ll try to get the grass cut and a few other things around the house.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Worked on the drywall in the spare bedroom yesterday. On to mudding and taping today.

Update: My daughter went to see the doctor about her broken arm today. Wifey just sent a message to say. Her arm is healed no more cast. This is good news. She had the cast on for 3 weeks.

Greg

Worked on the drywall in the spare bedroom yesterday. On to mudding and taping today.

Update: My daughter went to see the doctor about her broken arm today. Wifey just sent a message to say. Her arm is healed no more cast. This is good news. She had the cast on for 3 weeks.

Wow that’s great news Greg , ah to be young again and heal fast

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes it is great news. Your right to be young again and heal fast.
    I figured it might be healed as she hasn’t complained of pain much this week. Just her was really itchy.
    She pulled her cast off in the cast clinic at hospital with approval first. This something she has been wanting to all week. When she noticed it slide half way down her arm in bed.

Greg

Yes it is great news. Your right to be young again and heal fast.
    I figured it might be healed as she hasn’t complained of pain much this week. Just her was really itchy.
    She pulled her cast off in the cast clinic at hospital with approval first. This something she has been wanting to all week. When she noticed it slide half way down her arm in bed.

Haha that’s funny. Like she couldn’t wait to get it off. Those new casts are great. I remember when I fractured my arm a cast for the armpit all the way around my wrist and for months , then I had the chicken pocks at the same time LoL.

Glad to hear she’s doing better 🥰

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Not much today, just bills and contracts.

Put the finish on a drawer front. For the third time. It just WILL NOT go as dark as the other drawer front and panel of the vanity….and it is all one continuous piece of wood cut into 3!
    When I did it the second time I tried some amber dye on it. It went dark enough, just right, but the hue was off. It took all the red out of the cedar and looked different, but in a different way.
    I’m at the point where it is going to be what it is. Of course it will mellow in time and I hope that is what makes them match better.
    Just one of those odd things that happen I suppose.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.130 seconds