dcsimg

V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Last week we got an emergency call from an apartment complex. A new driver put the car in drive instead of reverse and punched it. He took out the gas meter, AC condenser, 2 – 4 x 4 posts to barricade the meters and punched the wall in about 6″ Tomorrow, we will reframe the wall and have it inspected so we can finish the siding and drywall on the interior.

This was the second car-hit -building we looked at last week.

Yikes , that could probably have been worse i assume ,
    Hopefully nobody was injured

Looks like you have more work on your hands
    Should be much better when you guys replace the wood posts with the metal ones

ronw nice job on the cabinets Ron
    Is that the position of the boxes , or will that smaller end one be in the middle.

Thanks Brian. Yes the cabinets will be in the same order as the pic.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Did a little more sorting out and organizing the new shop. A few more empty boxes and a few more things in place. I need more storage cabinets! (or less “stuff” lol)

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Happy today to find my injured arm isn’t killing me after testing it somewhat yesterday with some aggregate grading and compacting. Things might be looking up with getting more work rolling around here. Just to be safe, I’ve rested it today. Fingers crossed I continue to increase its workload capabilities.

Did a little more sorting out and organizing the new shop. A few more empty boxes and a few more things in place. I need more storage cabinets! (or less “stuff” lol)

LoL less stuff yeah right 🤣😂,
    Good to hear you are getting it all placed.

I called in for the hot work permit , and will be installing the bulbs on the manifold
    First need to attach the uranium glass to the Pyrex manifold. 🤔🙃

Doobie

You seem to be doing pretty good there Peter. I recall when me and my wife got married and moved into our house together 20 years ago almost, I was still unpacking some boxes a year later.

We had a couple of big garage sales the first few years getting rid of stuff. Stopped doing them when the reward was getting into the 100-200 dollars range and felt it just wasn’t worth doing any longer. Too much hassle for so little money. A few too many hard haggling shoppers and a few thefts really turned us off on what should otherwise be a fun thing to do made doing them seem a little distasteful at times.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Working on wrapping things up in another boiler room in this building today

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed only couple of windows.
    Not in the mood for work with the vacation just around the corner.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Wow that is a interesting set up! Nice work.

This week I got moved back to my old job. It sucked last nice as my co worker called in. So I had to do a 2 person job by myself. It is alot of work for one person to do. I was lucky 2 of my other co worker who work on different jobs came to help me when they could. I was pretty tired at the end of my shift. I am not use to all the lifting. I have been away from this for over a month now.

Greg

Nice job Kyle. Is that a commercial building , or a appartment/condo complex.
    Do you do mostly bigger projects , or do you guys also do residential homes also.

Doobie

That’s right. In Quebec, all trades and construction are off at the same time for vacation time in the summer. Is it one or two weeks off you guys do?

Do they do that sort of thing elsewhere in NA? I’ve only ever heard of Quebec doing that every year.

That’s right. In Quebec, all trades and construction are off at the same time for vacation time in the summer. Is it one or two weeks off you guys do?

Do they do that sort of thing elsewhere in NA? I’ve only ever heard of Quebec doing that every year.

Yeah most manufacturing stops
    It’s changed although through out the years
    It used to be the last two weeks of July
    Now it’s the first two weeks of August
    Here we always get asked to work and take vacation at another time , that’s actually what I prefer , as usually it’s crazy trying to get into places on the two weeks of shutdown

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I got the closet all painted and the last of the tile in yesterday!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

You do nice work Charlie. Very nice!

Great job Charlie , I like the tile bullnose , the floor tile is nice , harder to get those sheet tiles flat , nice work.

Wow, that looks really cool. A flash back to times when things were done with style and care.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed a door

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Got my new (old) table saw back together and running today and the little bar fridge put in under the counter. Gotta have the ice cold brown pops in the shop, you know. I know the importance of priorities.

Gradually getting closer to being organized.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Yeah most manufacturing stops
    It’s changed although through out the years
    It used to be the last two weeks of July
    Now it’s the first two weeks of August
    Here we always get asked to work and take vacation at another time , that’s actually what I prefer , as usually it’s crazy trying to get into places on the two weeks of shutdown

When/where it’s the first 2 weeks of August?
    To my knowledge it starts around 20th of July and it lasts 2 weeks.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Got my new (old) table saw back together and running today and the little bar fridge put in under the counter. Gotta have the ice cold brown pops in the shop, you know. I know the importance of priorities.

Was there something wrong with your table saw?

Always nice to have a cold brown pop.

Greg

Doobie

You’re just rollin’ there Peter.

Yes, the brown pops must be available for when the work is done. My favorite long day respite juice and ponderor elixir.

Was there something wrong with your table saw?

You must have missed it…he moved from one end of Ontario to way up north and bought a used smaller TS after selling his bigger cabinet saw. (I think it was a cab saw, not sure).

What did you buy again Peter?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-38 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.750 seconds