dcsimg

V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 793 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 2 hours, 22 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 794 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro

I brought over the vanity I’ve been working on and got it installed in the airstream and put the counter top on. The family doesn’t have a sink yet, so I wasn’t able to cut the opening for it yet, but it’s in place and ready now for them to keep going on renovating that space.

Charles my good man! That looks awesome! 👍👏☺

Doobie
    Pro

I brought over the vanity I’ve been working on and got it installed in the airstream and put the counter top on. The family doesn’t have a sink yet, so I wasn’t able to cut the opening for it yet, but it’s in place and ready now for them to keep going on renovating that space.

Charles my good man! That looks awesome! 👍👏☺

EDIT: Not my fault….some kind of loading prob did a double post.

Got more seat time on the tractor and the lawns rolled again. Hope to go out and put some work in on the Roubo after my coffee break, and a little guitar work this evening.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Blue tape clamping to the rescue, as I glue on a piece live edge that came off while sanding.

Will

I made a mess today in the shop.

Attachments:

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Started working on replacing a couple leg supports/foot rest on a bar type chair.

Looks like a good job so far.

Thanks. A work in progress.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Got more seat time on the tractor and the lawns rolled again. Hope to go out and put some work in on the Roubo after my coffee break, and a little guitar work this evening.

Sounds like you have you day planned out for you.

Blue tape clamping to the rescue, as I glue on a piece live edge that came off while sanding.

Blue tape seems to do the job.

I some times use alittle CA glue as my clamp until the wood glue dries.

I don’t see too many wood chips or wood shavings laying around. LOL!!

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I cut plywoood and put it on the walls and then screwed it off… Same stuff different house.. We have Friday off for the holiday.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Very nice vanity fitted in that space. Do you have to go back to do the sink cutout or this is handled by the sink installer?

They’ve been doing a bunch of renovating themselves – there’s noby else they’ve hired besides me so far, and I’m hoping they’ll call me back to install the sink once they figure out what one they want.

@boschmanbrian thanks Brian

I’m not paying for any advertising at the moment, so far word of mouth has been sufficiently keeping me busy – and I’ve got jobs lined up for the next few months now, so I’m pretty happy with that!

@doobie thanks! I’m pretty happy with how it turned out 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent all today installing trim. I got about 120 LF installed, which probably isn’t great for anyone who does this regularly, but it felt like I was moving pretty well considering all the figuring I needed to do with all the pieces cut for those G.D. rounded corners.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I spent all today installing trim. I got about 120 LF installed,

Not a bad days work by yourself and doing the figuring as you go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I spent all today installing trim. I got about 120 LF installed, which probably isn’t great for anyone who does this regularly, but it felt like I was moving pretty well considering all the figuring I needed to do with all the pieces cut for those G.D. rounded corners.

Looking good. @dirtywhiteboy had posted a jig he uses for marking trim when doing round corners.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Your welcome Charlie , nice to see you having plenty of work

That’s a good job on the trim , I like the look of the corners

Called in for the hot work permit
    Starting up the vacuum system on the manifold
    Will be back in tomorrow morning to finish off the bake out of the bulb’s/manifold

Doobie
    Pro

Must have felt good getting back into the shop after a long winter.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

That’s not a mess! I would be embarrassed to show a pic of mine right now. Between planing, dovetailing and fitting, there are chips and shavings everywhere.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I got the dovetailing finished today and the drawer fronts sanded to 220 grit.

Attachments:

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Looks good Charlie. I sure you will get better at the more you do.

Same old stuff for me at work. Happy the long week end is here. I have been dragging my butt all week. I am fighting some kind of flu bug. My wife has it too. One of my co worker was off work with for 9 days with it.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

That’s not a mess! I would be embarrassed to show a pic of mine right now. Between planing, dovetailing and fitting, there are chips and shavings everywhere.

There is actually yet another saw out for use on the joint I was cutting. The tenon saw wouldn’t go deep enough, so I had to take out the rip saw to finish it. Of course the rip saw has a wider kerf than the tenon saw on top of that, so 3 saws, the chisels, a spoke shave, the router plane, squares and marking gauges just to figure out and cut one joint.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looking good. @dirtywhiteboy had posted a jig he uses for marking trim when doing round corners.

I’d love to see that if anyone has the link. I was able to figure it out with a combination of trial and error and math, but I’d love to have something better!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I finished the trim today, got it all caulked and filled so that the HO’s could paint it. I had a meeting in a crawl space with my engineer friend in preparation for the second wave of seismic plate installs at the same house I worked on earlier this month, and then some quick fix-it type repairs in the afternoon. Nice, small problems (a door handle needed tightening, a circuit breaker wasn’t reset after a trip, and a leaking sink basin). I also got to send off invoices for s couple of bigger projects so more money should be coming in soon!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 794 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.863 seconds