dcsimg

V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I drove home one day and my coffee cup was still on the bumper! I couldn’t believe it.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

not so much about what I did today, but I was using my hole saws several days ago.

I am usually very careful and know what goes where, but that day the mosquitoes were out and I was in a hurry to pack up at dusk at a rental and lost my pilot bit for my hole saw.

Strangely enough a few days later I found it rolling out of the top of the truck bumper. So I remember I took it off and put it on the bumper while I was taking apart and organizer many things. Last few days I was on the expressway multiple times going over 70mph and that bit stayed on the bumper all along.

Haha yeah these things happen , years ago my brother in law did something funny
    After my nephew’s confirmation at the church , while getting back into the mini van with his family , his hands were full he placed his video camera on the roof 😟🤔🤣😂🤣 I’m sure you know what happened to the camera , funny thing is my uncle was following him on the service road , he saw something flying off the roof , was too late to avoid it by swerving , the next week my brother in law was shopping around for a new camera 😂🤣😂🤣

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Wifey and I did a dump run today,, clearing things out before the move.

Moving not fun
    Staying in the same area
    When you moving
    One of the best things about moving is getting rid of things we haven’t used in years

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wifey and I did a dump run today,, clearing things out before the move.

Not a fun thing moving. Especially if you have been in one place for awhile.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Continuing with the live edge theme, I am making a hat rack for the entry way, my wife wants me to mount it lower, however I want to mount it higher, it is for my hats, so I am ok with my wife not reaching it 🙂

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Continuing with the live edge theme, I am making a hat rack for the entry way, my wife wants me to mount it lower, however I want to mount it higher, it is for my hats, so I am ok with my wife not reaching it 🙂

Is that spalted maple? Good looking slab!

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Continuing with the live edge theme, I am making a hat rack for the entry way, my wife wants me to mount it lower, however I want to mount it higher, it is for my hats, so I am ok with my wife not reaching it

I did something quite similar with a piece of spalted maple and deer antler. It was made for my hats too! I say go right ahead. A guy has to have a place for his hats.

Attachments:

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I brought over the vanity I’ve been working on and got it installed in the airstream and put the counter top on. The family doesn’t have a sink yet, so I wasn’t able to cut the opening for it yet, but it’s in place and ready now for them to keep going on renovating that space.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I brought over the vanity I’ve been working on and got it installed in the airstream and put the counter top on. The family doesn’t have a sink yet, so I wasn’t able to cut the opening for it yet, but it’s in place and ready now for them to keep going on renovating that space.

That’s a nice little vanity
    Are you advertising for business , I’m sure word of mouth must be helpful to

Just called in for the hot work permit
    Will finish up the manifold and hopefully I will receive my order of liquid nitrogen to be able to start the filling process.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Continuing with the live edge theme, I am making a hat rack for the entry way

did something quite similar with a piece of spalted maple and deer antler.

Both are very nice hat racks. I really like the live edge.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Very nice vanity fitted in that space. Do you have to go back to do the sink cutout or this is handled by the sink installer?

I just did a little guitar work on a long term project. Far from finished yet. My fingers got cold out in the shop sanding small parts.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Started to do some more dovetailing today but just couldn’t get into the mood for it. Mental block? Lack of determination? Maybe just a day to match the weather.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Installed 6 windows and a patio door.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Started working on replacing a couple leg supports/foot rest on a bar type chair. When I got these chairs they were missing 2 of them so I got to cut the right angles on them on 1 end. I took 1 off other other chairs to best match it up. Once cut right prime and paint. Paint my not perfectly match to color, but I don’t think anyone will notice. These were held by a screw, but I think I might glue mine in along with the screw.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Started to do some more dovetailing today but just couldn’t get into the mood for it. Mental block? Lack of determination? Maybe just a day to match the weather.

It could be the weather. This is usually when things don’t go right.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Installed 6 windows and a patio door.

That was a nice days work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Started working on replacing a couple leg supports/foot rest on a bar type chair.

Looks like a good job so far.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Oh well Peter , these things happen , you thinking about the move ?

@sorpa sounds like it was a good day , pretty productive, did you have any rotten wood to replace or did it go fairly well , did you do the trim work inside

Just called in for the hot work permit
    Picked up the liquid nitrogen from the holding area , now replacing the oxygen and methane and nitrogen tanks,

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Replaced windows the last two days and are finishing up the interior trim today and rehanging blinds. The ole ones were pretty bad. Lots of rot in the windows and in the 2 X sills below. replaced a few of those and some sheeting also.

Window replacement is a never ending job at this condo complex.

We also tore apart a deck we need to repair. I will send photo’s of it later. It is a wonder how things stand tor 25 years. I really do not understand what some people are thinking when they put things together.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,008 total)

The topic ‘V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.091 seconds