dcsimg

V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks like you was having a good time Brian. Do you do much skating?

Yeah thanks Ron , it was actually fun family time
    I used to play goalie at least once a week up until last year when I had planter fascitis , I haven’t played or skated for over a year
    I’ll try and find an old timers league , especially since I’m 56 🤐🤕👴

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I used to play goalie at least once a week up until last year when I had planter fascitis , I haven’t played or skated for over a year

That planter fascitis⚠️ can be nasty!!! It’s amazing how it can come and go🔄.. I hope it’s gone 💯now. To bad it curtailed ❎your hockey 🏒game.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Yes Sir that planter fasciitis about crippled me last year. I found that if I rubbed Frankincense Myrrh oil on it, it helped a lot.

Yes Sir that planter fasciitis about crippled me last year. I found that if I rubbed Frankincense Myrrh oil on it, it helped a lot.

I’m going to have to check that stuff out
    Thanks Ron

Doobie

I’m going to have to check that stuff out
    Thanks Ron

I’ve had it too many years ago. Takes a long time to go away. There are exercises you can do that help a lot with aleving it. Orthopedic prescribed shoe inserts by a real foot doctor really help prevent it.

My wife volunteered me to fix a friend of hers’ old cedar blanket chest, so I started with gluing up cracks, next step is a piano hinge, as teh mortised hinges were too much for the thin cedar.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ll try and find an old timers league , especially since I’m 56

I had issues with my feet years ago. I wear custom orthotics. I try and new ones every 2 years.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Video editing day. Weather is crap and I haven’t put anything out in a while, so….

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

worked on a plan for a house at the office. I sprayed some finish on a few pieces of trim while taking a break. I also got tools ready to head out of town for a job this week. to wet to work on our site here.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

My stepdaughter is pregnant and is going to have a boy so I am making a growth chart ruler for them. They are doing a Star Wars theme for the bedroom so somehow I like to incorporate Star Wars on this. Here is a few pictures of my process so far. Hope to finish it up next weekend.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I made a music book holder for my daughter’s keyboard. My wife bought a used keyboard for our daughter to see if she liked playing. The keyboard has a spot for music book holder. But it did come with one. My daughter had lay her music flat to read it.
    I made alittle sketch of what I wanted with some dimensions and headed to the shop to make it. I used some Blatic Birch plywood and some offcuts for this project. I used some dowels for pegs. So the base can sit in the pockets on the keyboard. I had some 1/4″ dowel on hand. But it was alittle to big for the pockets on the keyboard. I needed to make the dowel smaller. So I drill a 17/64 hole in some flat bar. Ran the 1/4″ dowel threw the hole with a drill. The dowel came out the size I needed.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Boring day in the shop today. Roughing out drawer parts, gluing up bottoms, dimensioning sides and backs and putting the beads and rabbets on the drawer fronts. Tomorrow will be grooving for the bottoms and beginning the dovetails. That will be much more interesting.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I made a music book holder for my daughter’s keyboard. My wife bought a used keyboard for our daughter to see if she liked playing. The keyboard has a spot for music book holder. But it did come with one. My daughter had lay her music flat to read it.
    I made alittle sketch of what I wanted with some dimensions and headed to the shop to make it. I used some Blatic Birch plywood and some offcuts for this project. I used some dowels for pegs. So the base can sit in the pockets on the keyboard. I had some 1/4″ dowel on hand. But it was alittle to big for the pockets on the keyboard. I needed to make the dowel smaller. So I drill a 17/64 hole in some flat bar. Ran the 1/4″ dowel threw the hole with a drill. The dowel came out the size I needed.

Nicely done. Looks good. I bet she likes it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Thanks Howard. She loves it. I let her help with gluing it together. I still have to do some sanding and put a couple coats poly on it.

Greg

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks Howard. She loves it. I let her help with gluing it together. I still have to do some sanding and put a couple coats poly on it.

Enjoy the times that you can make things with your kids. My son just turned 3 I can’t wait to build tmi us with him and have the father and so time.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

not so much about what I did today, but I was using my hole saws several days ago.

I am usually very careful and know what goes where, but that day the mosquitoes were out and I was in a hurry to pack up at dusk at a rental and lost my pilot bit for my hole saw.

Strangely enough a few days later I found it rolling out of the top of the truck bumper. So I remember I took it off and put it on the bumper while I was taking apart and organizer many things. Last few days I was on the expressway multiple times going over 70mph and that bit stayed on the bumper all along.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wifey and I did a dump run today,, clearing things out before the move.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Wifey and I did a dump run today,, clearing things out before the move.

Where r u moving to? Same island?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

not so much about what I did today, but I was using my hole saws several days ago.

I am usually very careful and know what goes where, but that day the mosquitoes were out and I was in a hurry to pack up at dusk at a rental and lost my pilot bit for my hole saw.

Strangely enough a few days later I found it rolling out of the top of the truck bumper. So I remember I took it off and put it on the bumper while I was taking apart and organizer many things. Last few days I was on the expressway multiple times going over 70mph and that bit stayed on the bumper all along.

Wow your lucky that stayed there this long. I had some similar happen awhile ago. I can’t remember what it was.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.985 seconds