dcsimg

V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 5 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

I primed my dresser this morning and then spent the rest of my morning with my girls

Looks like it will be a built in. Is it for you or a customer?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Worked overtime today. Not a bad day made 40 000 kg of ice tea drink mix.. Could made if I didn’t some downtime.
    Made a stop at beer store on the way home.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

As much as I wanted to advance my projects, my mom pulled rank and I had to go relevel her porch after the frost has left – it was really bad this year with enough movement to affect the door. It was built on concrete piers, but then have been moving, I think we can retrofit some postech screw style piers deeper and remove the concrete sono tubes …

Do you know how far down the concrete piers go
    How many of them will you need and have to remove , how high is the deck off the ground

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I planted about 10 bromeliads around the base of a tree yesterday and my arms are all scratched up from the thorned leaves.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Got started on a little hardwood floor project. Not my typical job but something different to do after hours and during down time and keep a good customer happy.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

With some decent weather it was time to trim back one of the trees that was close to the house with limbs hanging close to the roof once the leaves come on.
    Thanks to the Husqvarna chain saw, it was short work – but I lost a fiberglass ladder in the process.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My plans changed this morning when I saw the snow on the ground. I was planning on doing stuff outside. Instead I did some jobs in the house. My wife and daughter are both sick. So taking care of them.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I primed my dresser this morning and then spent the rest of my morning with my girls

It was for a customer and yes! Built in for their little closet. I finished it yesterday.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It was for a customer and yes! Built in for their little closet. I finished it yesterday.

And it came out very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice work. Looks like a good fit.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

t was for a customer and yes! Built in for their little closet. I finished it yesterday.

Thanks for the info and very nice job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nicely done, Charlie. I like the idea of built-ins like that very much. Very clean install.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Doobie
    Pro

Very nice Charlie. I love built in stuff. Looks so custom.

I am trying my hand at making a couple of wooden hand planes, including making the irons, using a bar of O1 tool steel, it is a thick bar so I am aiming for some sturdy irons.

Will

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I am trying my hand at making a couple of wooden hand planes, including making the irons, using a bar of O1 tool steel, it is a thick bar so I am aiming for some sturdy irons.

cant wait to see the finished product

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Brought one of the cats to the vet this morning , stopped by Purolator to send back the second table saw I was sent out accidentally
    And now finishing up some work I had started on the weekend

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Something that has been on my bucket list. I’ll be watching your progress with interest, for sure.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It did turn out nice Charlie! Good idea to put this in a closet.
    Now you got me thinking of something I could do.

I love built in stuff. Looks so custom.

I do agree.
    My FIL build himself a lovely build in desk in there family room at there old house. He only got use for a few short years before they decided to sell there house and move. After being with a desk for 3 years in his new house. He has decided to build another desk. I don’t think this one is a built in. I think honestly he never planned on moving from the house they lived for 30 years.

Greg

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Managed to finish up the two entrance tower roofs on the duplex today, along with a few odds and ends in the w units.

Very interesting. Something I have thought of. Always nice to see builds like this.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,008 total)

The topic ‘V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.873 seconds