dcsimg

V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.

Here’s the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-36-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

My wife has been on a live edge kick ever since my step daughter and I did the table, so now I have scrounged my stockpile of wood and I think I am going to do some sort of jacket or ski stuff hanging board out of this piece. I think I need to stiffen up the areas where the knots have come out.

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My wife has been on a live edge kick ever since my step daughter and I did the table, so now I have scrounged my stockpile of wood and I think I am going to do some sort of jacket or ski stuff hanging board out of this piece. I think I need to stiffen up the areas where the knots have come out.

That’s going to be very attractive, for sure. Any opportunity there for a bowtie or 2?

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Finished a few smaller jobs this morning , and also had to repair a rotary unit that came back from RyanAir
    Then back to the complex little assembly

Doobie
    Pro

That’s going to be very attractive, for sure. Any opportunity there for a bowtie or 2?

I like those elememts too, but I’m not so sure I’d want them for near those big knots. They’d look good on their own.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Spent my day buttoning up some odds and ends in the last duplex.. finally the end is in sight.

Also spent some time on quotes and maybe a little work related shopping.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a nice looking slab!

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Nice slab! Have fun with your project. Hopefully you will share more pictures as this develops.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent the day painting trim and caulking siding for a lady about to sell her house. Before that, I finished up the dresser drawer fronts for the dresser I’ll be installing this Saturday.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I spent the day painting trim and caulking siding for a lady about to sell her house. Before that, I finished up the dresser drawer fronts for the dresser I’ll be installing this Saturday.

Good to hear that you are busy ,

Going to be a busy weekend here
    4 senior guys out on vacation and one in the field doing repairs
    I’m finishing up a few replacement and repairs to send out to clients , one in Dallas and another in Ireland
    We will be busy again this year
    Looking forward to the beginning of April , that’s when my yearly vacation days get added , been working more than I wanted to this year , almost 7 days a week again

Doobie
    Pro

It’s nothing but office work this time of year for me and will likely be that way til mid to late June. I’m already itching to get back at my projects, but there’s just no time to squeeze any into my schedule right now. It is what it is. Sigh!

Started milling up the maple for the Roubo stretchers. They cleaned up nice at 1 7/8″ thick, so that’s how thick they are going to be. I am thinking of 5″ wide. I originally thought 4″ but the legs are 5″ and the wood is there, so I may as well use it. Extra weight too.

Lots of yard raking done too.

Started editing video yesterday. Hope to get it done tonight.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Started milling up the maple for the Roubo stretchers. They cleaned up nice at 1 7/8″ thick, so that’s how thick they are going to be. I am thinking of 5″ wide. I originally thought 4″ but the legs are 5″ and the wood is there, so I may as well use it. Extra weight too.

Lots of yard raking done too.

Started editing video yesterday. Hope to get it done tonight.

That’s going to be a good, solid base. Looking forward to seeing it all together.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Got the video edited. Took a long time to do. It will probably not come out until tomorrow as I have to upload it and then do the close captioning on it. So the work is not done yet.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Same stuff, lot of screwing of plywood and metal.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I primed my dresser this morning and then spent the rest of my morning with my girls. Went into work for the afternoon and hung a border I made for a sign and installed the roof vent for a bathroom fan.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Another torque tube and a few load units today

Close captioned my video and made it public. That took a long time. Sometimes I think I talk too much…lol.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Site and client visits, tool shopping and paperwork for this guy today. Not the best way to spend a Saturday, but things have to be done and it looks like it’s going to be a busy spring so no time to waste!

As much as I wanted to advance my projects, my mom pulled rank and I had to go relevel her porch after the frost has left – it was really bad this year with enough movement to affect the door. It was built on concrete piers, but then have been moving, I think we can retrofit some postech screw style piers deeper and remove the concrete sono tubes …

Will

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,008 total)

The topic ‘V-37 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.058 seconds