dcsimg

V-36 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,003 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Try this @doobie

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/x6h6RM9B_Vg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    It is a better video anyways.

Worked on my truck from noon till 10:30 at night changing the exhaust.
    Some genius made it so you had to take the cross member Under the transmission out to get the pipe out. I was so tired this morning I just stayed home.

Sorry to hear about the exhaust woes, Ron. The house is quite a bit different from some of the others you have done. Very comfortable looking space, nice work.

Yes very different. The only reason we did it was because it looked so bad and was right next door to our previous flip. It will make a nice starter home for someone. I will be anxious to see how long it takes to sell.

Started staining the outside of the large mirror / jewelry box for my wife, I plan to keep the inside clear and the outside stained to match the bedroom set.

Will

I also added a backer and some T-slot to allow the Jessem guides to work on the shaper, I’ll have to do something similar to my Bosch table as its T-slot is too high, see picture.

Will

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Started doing some metalworking with 22ga sheet and a hammer & dolly set. Learning something new every day.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I will be delivering the TV console cabinet today. Sure hope it’s everything she wanted.

So….how did that go Ron?

She was more than happy. 😁 Turned out exactly like she wanted. Was a huge sigh of relief on my end. As I just wasn’t sure.

Oh now with the black TV above it looks like it fits in better.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Try this @doobie

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/x6h6RM9B_Vg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” width=”770″ height=”433″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>
    It is a better video anyways.

Worked on my truck from noon till 10:30 at night changing the exhaust.
    Some genius made it so you had to take the cross member Under the transmission out to get the pipe out. I was so tired this morning I just stayed home.

That one also came out great. I love the camera work the way they pull back for the bigger view.

Dirty

Interesting day today. A bit of backstory first.

The park has been taking down dangerous trees and has had a guy come in and fell them. I have been getting some of them for firewood. About 6 or so weeks ago they wanted to make sure they fell the right way so they asked a neighbouring farmer to come an hook his tractor on to them to pull on them so they fell into the swampy area, instead of on a home. While he was down there he got his tractor stuck and the guys doing the cutting basically picked up their gear and walked away. The tractor has been sitting in the swamp for all that time. Of course the weather warmed up and all the snow melted, raising the river and the tractor was sitting half submerged.

Today a huge tandem tow truck came in to help pull it out. I went over and gave them a hand with the rigging, operating the winches, and being a signal guy for the tow truck operator. It took setting up about 5 different pulls to get the tractor navigated through the trees and up on the bank so it could be towed home. The farmer is going to have to change all the fluids. Oil, hydraulics, axle lube and anything else because it was all under water. A bunch of greasing too.

The park maintenance folks were glad for the extra hand, so there are a bunch of the trees that have been taken down at my disposal if I want them.

I was pretty shocked the day the tractor got stuck at the actions of the tree folks just walking away. I mean, they had all the big ropes, a big boom truck, a tracked Bobcat, and should have the rigging experience. They had chainsaws and plenty of brush to access, so all they had to do was make a brush pad behind the tractor that day and pull the tractor just far enough back so it was sitting on the brush, and he could have driven out.

When someone is doing you a favour, and they get in trouble doing it, you don’t just walk away when you have the equipment and means to help.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

More kitchen work in the morning and then I installed about 150’ of trim in the same place I put the flooring down last week. Like my set up? Lol!

Notice my nice homemade dust shield, lol – worked alright, but I am definitely looking forward to getting the stand for that saw!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

More kitchen work in the morning and then I installed about 150’ of trim in the same place I put the flooring down last week. Like my set up? Lol!

kitches looks great and great set up you got there

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro

@cmeyer25

Are you using plastic or PVC type decking material in a kitchen around a cooktop?

The reason I ask is because I recall reading how some of those types of decking plastic or PVC boards don’t take well to suntan lotions and oils and tend to stain. Around a cooktop, that may become a problem over time with grease buildup on it.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@cmeyer25

Are you using plastic or PVC type decking material in a kitchen around a cooktop?

The reason I ask is because I recall reading how some of those types of decking plastic or PVC boards don’t take well to suntan lotions and oils and tend to stain. Around a cooktop, that may become a problem over time with grease buildup on it.

That makes sense – I can see that being a potential problem down the line, but the pieces are all small and held in place with a couple of screws that will be easy to remove and replace should it come to that. And it’s likely that we’ll end up changing it at some point down the road. This just gives us the wall protection we want with a good visual accent and we could afford the cost and time to install it right now.

Charlie

Instagram

Started work on a new project today.

One of my neighbours wants a small table to set her TV on. Fairly easy build, she wants to paint it. My jointer with it’s short beds and lack of power is giving me fits though. Everything is starting to taper and getting the second side square is nigh on impossible.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

One of my neighbours wants a small table to set her TV on. Fairly easy build, she wants to paint it. My jointer with it’s short beds and lack of power is giving me fits though. Everything is starting to taper and getting the second side square is nigh on impossible.

Why the taper? Has something gone out of alignment?

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just finished up the base for this spalted maple cookie. Now we have a pair of tables from the same log.

The base is a simple walnut assembly; 3 legs and a T stretcher with through mortise and tenon joinery.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Not much today: installed 3 basement windows and a door.
    Still can’t figure out why the computer doesn’t see the phone when hooked up. Can’t transfer any pictures.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Interesting day today. A bit of backstory first.

The park has been taking down dangerous trees and has had a guy come in and fell them. I have been getting some of them for firewood. About 6 or so weeks ago they wanted to make sure they fell the right way so they asked a neighbouring farmer to come an hook his tractor on to them to pull on them so they fell into the swampy area, instead of on a home. While he was down there he got his tractor stuck and the guys doing the cutting basically picked up their gear and walked away. The tractor has been sitting in the swamp for all that time. Of course the weather warmed up and all the snow melted, raising the river and the tractor was sitting half submerged.

Today a huge tandem tow truck came in to help pull it out. I went over and gave them a hand with the rigging, operating the winches, and being a signal guy for the tow truck operator. It took setting up about 5 different pulls to get the tractor navigated through the trees and up on the bank so it could be towed home. The farmer is going to have to change all the fluids. Oil, hydraulics, axle lube and anything else because it was all under water. A bunch of greasing too.

The park maintenance folks were glad for the extra hand, so there are a bunch of the trees that have been taken down at my disposal if I want them.

I was pretty shocked the day the tractor got stuck at the actions of the tree folks just walking away. I mean, they had all the big ropes, a big boom truck, a tracked Bobcat, and should have the rigging experience. They had chainsaws and plenty of brush to access, so all they had to do was make a brush pad behind the tractor that day and pull the tractor just far enough back so it was sitting on the brush, and he could have driven out.

When someone is doing you a favour, and they get in trouble doing it, you don’t just walk away when you have the equipment and means to help.

It is too bad this happen to the farmer.

I just wondering if you would have cut a small pole. Put in front of the rear tires and chain it to the rims. But make sure not to chain it to the rim where the valve stem is. This does work well at getting unstuck. Have used many times.

I was busy on the weekend making a Plyometric Box for our niece for Christmas.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Why the taper? Has something gone out of alignment?

No, it’s the tables on my jointer are too short to get a reference surface with.

I got them milled up today with a combinations of hand planes, the jointer and a jig on the thickness planer. I talked the lady out of painting the base. The maple looks really nice.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Paid professionals shouldn’t need any favors to get their work done.

Dirty

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I was off sick today, but the kitchen was calling my name, so in between resting I got the rest of the space behind the stove finished as well as the caulking done around the backsplash.

Charlie

Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I was off sick today, but the kitchen was calling my name, so in between resting I got the rest of the space behind the stove finished as well as the caulking done around the backsplash.

That turned out nice. Hope you feel better.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,004 total)

The topic ‘V-36 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.774 seconds