dcsimg

V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

thanks for your good wishes, surgery went very well but I will be out of the shop for a few days more.

The biopsy part of yesterdays procedure was interesting. They injected a radioactive solution into my leg where the lesion had been removed, then took images with a gamma camera; a machine the size of a house, to locate the lymph node closest to the lesion. They then removed that node for biopsy. I should have test results in a couple of weeks.

glad to hear some good news

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

@jimdaddyo, @boschmanbrian, @doobie, @madman_us, @gtokley, @wbembrid, @roninohio thanks for your good wishes, surgery went very well but I will be out of the shop for a few days more.

The biopsy part of yesterdays procedure was interesting. They injected a radioactive solution into my leg where the lesion had been removed, then took images with a gamma camera; a machine the size of a house, to locate the lymph node closest to the lesion. They then removed that node for biopsy. I should have test results in a couple of weeks.

I was thinking about you today Peter , drove by Limoges road lol oops never mind that Peter , was a long day just getting back home from moving my mom and sister. Got the L mixed up ☺️
    Glad to hear that you are doing well , all the best for you and your family.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I was contacted a few months ago from this place to build a feature birdhouse for a up coming show in March 2019 . In exchange they want to feature me there and promote the crap out of my work .No cost to me 🙂

http://www.thebackyardlivingexpo.com/

I was contacted a few months ago from this place to build a feature birdhouse for a up coming show in March 2019 . In exchange they want to feature me there and promote the crap out of my work .No cost to me 🙂

That’s a beautiful Bird house John , and it looks like it should be a great event.
    Congrats John

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

What a good opportunity, John. That should bring you a ton of business.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks, Brian and thanks @cranbrook2, @dirtywhiteboy. Feeling much better today, very little discomfort. I’ll be up and around very soon.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I finally got my friend’s house all buttoned up on the outside – we had torn off all the exterior trim right under his roofline as part of the insulation project and it has been a PIA to get it all back together. It’s a brick exterior with wood trim extending down from the rafter tails about ten inches to just overlap the top of the brick but he also has two bay windows that are roofed separately that come up to about an inch below the gutter and soffits and they needed to be trimmed around too, so the trim has an interesting set of angled pieces up one side and down the other that we’re just taking a long time to fit in place and paint and then add cove to…but it’s done now!

We even got a little more of his insulation in place too, so I’m hoping we’ll be wrapping up at his house in the next few weeks.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Hey, that’s great John. More profiling of your work. 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Spend the day on the highway today getting my new planer. Got unloaded in my basement. I need to figure out where I am going put in my shop.

You gonna get a mobile base for it Greg?

I needs a mobile base for sure. I might make a base for it now as I have some casters. If it doesn’t work out I will buy one. I might get my Uncle to welded one up and put my casters on it.

How much does it weigh, and over what kind of surface would you be pushing it around on?

I am not sure how much it weighs. My shop has a concrete floor.

Congrats!! That is a beautiful bird house.

Thanks, Brian and thanks @cranbrook2, @dirtywhiteboy. Feeling much better today, very little discomfort. I’ll be up and around very soon.

Good to hear you are feeling much better Peter.

Well yesterday started off good. But ended bad. I had to return the U Haul trailer. I had a few errands to run and some shopping to do.
    After dinner we were heading out to go to the Santa Claus parade when my wife slipped on a patch of ice. She fell and broke 4 bone in here wrist. Looks like she will be needing surgery to repair the damage.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I worked with my wife and step daughter on refurbishing some old wooden chairs for her place, some were missing the seats altogether while others need the upholstery replaced and wood refinished, I suspect this will be a lingering task …

Will

@GTokely geeze sorry to hear about your wife. I hope and wish her well. Speedy recovery.

I can relate Greg
    Yesterday went fairly well
    We did the move ourselves
    Seeing how they were no appliances
    Made it much easier.
    But near the end of the day I was just carrying a little piece of 2×4 out of the moving van down the aluminum ramp , I slipped and fell kinda awkward twisted the knee , was sore didn’t think anything about it but the drive home 2 and a half hours kinda made it stiff
    It’s swollen and I actually think I have water building up in the knee.
    I think I’ll rest today , but it’s pretty painful , I might get it checked out , I can’t bend it properly and it’s sore going up and down the stairs.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow that’s a great outlet to showcase you bird mansions.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I took a door off of one of our cheap MDF wardrobes. One of the hinges had pulled out of the MDF. I filled all the screw holes with glue and toothpicks the other day. Today I bored new holes and put the hinges and door back on. i really dislike those euro hinges, and MDF.

Also, last time we were in Goderich, we went to Habitat and found a new used faucet (Moen) for the main bathroom. Not the one I am renovating. Today I decided to put it on. Got the water turned off and the shut offs put on. Then I removed the whole sink and at that point the wife thought maybe we should change the sink too. Off to RONA where we found a display model on clearance for $20. It meant modifying the counter a bit to make it fit, but now we have a decent sink instead of the cheap plastic one that was there, and a faucet that does not spray water all over the bathroom when you turn it on.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Big day outside today. Not only did I mulch the remaining leaves into the grass, but I finally had the courage to unpack my NG Generac 9 Kw generator and move it off the flat bed cart that the Lowes driver dumped it onto in August and put its 350 lbs hulk onto the pad I had poured for it at the side of my house.

I had my 15 year old son out to help me, but he couldn’t lift his end and the owners manual says not to slide it off the skid it comes fastened to, but to lift it off so as to not damage its built-in base plate. So what I did was stack two scrap pieces of a 4X4 and a 6X6 at the same level of the shipping skid that was sitting on the wheeled flatbed cart I had it on, slid over one end onto the stacked scrap pieces as far as I dared having my son just simply hold it from tipping over so easily as I quickly went to the other end and slid over and dropped the other end off the skid onto the cement pad and quickly came back over to lift the side that was semi-precariously sitting on the temp blocks as my son slid the blocks out of the way after which I just dropped it down to its permanent new home.

You guys have no idea how happy I am that I got this done today. I had figured I may have needed another good strong male adult or more to get this done, but I hate bugging friends/people in my age group nowadays for things like this and prefer to do these things myself. Just glad I finally got the gumption to undertake today and not just leave it on the flatbed cart for the winter. Now that flat bed cart it was sitting on for months mostly sheltered from the elements under a seasonal canopy that I had to tear down last week due to our first decent snowfall of the season is tucked away in my new lean to shed and not gonna rust to crap over the winter.

Then I also packed everything I could into my new lean-to shed I finished sheathing a few days ago. This was part of the reason I went and dropped the generator off that flatbed cart as I knew it had a perfect spot nested in the back of the lean-to on a shelf I installed over where I also parked my cement mixer and another cart over on that shelf also. I knew once I got our three bikes in there after, it was the plate compactor going in after which once you move in that anvil of a beast, nothing is coming out for til spring.

The last bit was shoving my snow-blower just behind the temp short side’s door I built a few days ago. I ran an extension cord from a backyard plug thru the soffit for the blowers electric start and other than a few other minor tweaks to a re-purposed ramp from the door to facilitate getting the blower out easier, I’m almost done with the necessary outdoor things I wanted done before it all gets closed down for winter.

Still need to move around a bit of lumber piled in my yard and protect it a bit better, but today was an incredibly well accomplished day with dealing with the nastiest stuff that was still looming over me and bugging me I felt I needed to get done and accomplished with winter moving in so quickly this year.

I’m quite stiff and sore already, and tomorrow is gonna likely be an office day at best with what I know is gonna be stiffness and soreness even more, but today was a golden day for me getting what I got done. Big nagging worries/issues off my mind now. Today was a ‘stick a feather in your cap’ day as far as I’m concerned right now with the Generac placed and the lean-to packed up. Lettin’ the Heinis gloriously flow down my gulliver right now…lol!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This morning I put together a bid for a potential client, and then the family and I went to the Nutcracker Ballet for the first time. The holidays are here!

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Big day outside today. Not only did I mulch the remaining leaves into the grass, but I finally had the courage to unpack my NG Generac 9 Kw generator and move it off the flat bed cart that the Lowes driver dumped it onto in August and put its 350 lbs hulk onto the pad I had poured for it at the side of my house.

I am sure it feels great to have those jobs done. I are you going to try and get the generator hooked up now?

I took today off work to help get the girls ready for school and on the bus. Might have to take my wife to the hospital to see Orthopedic surgeon today. Just waiting for the phone to ring.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@Doobie looks good , I bet you will be glad when it’s all hooked up and ready to go.

Doobie

are you going to try and get the generator hooked up now?

It’s not likely now til the spring. The weather is just crap this fall. A lot of work has to be done outside, most of which is electrical and this will be done by an electrician buddy with me assisting only.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

are you going to try and get the generator hooked up now?

It’s not likely now til the spring. The weather is just crap this fall. A lot of work has to be done outside, most of which is electrical and this will be done by an electrician buddy with me assisting only.

What if you need it??? Just get it hooked up so if you need it it’s there,, Don’t worry about the weather. Just think about how warm it is here while you are working. Sunny and around 80º

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I cut some maple to use as drawer slides, and some spacers for where the drawer has to go through at the face frame. I cut the toe kick panel that I had forgotten too. Got some glue drying now and some BLO on the toe kick.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.617 seconds