dcsimg

V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author

Going under the knife again tomorrow to remove more tissue from my leg. This will hopefully ensure that all the cancerous tissue has been removed. They will also be taking biopsies to determine if it has spread. I have been told that I have an 80% chance of being clear but results will not be in for a couple of weeks. I’ll be out of the shop for a few days but hope to be making sawdust again very soon.

Best wishes for you.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Going under the knife again tomorrow to remove more tissue from my leg. This will hopefully ensure that all the cancerous tissue has been removed. They will also be taking biopsies to determine if it has spread. I have been told that I have an 80% chance of being clear but results will not be in for a couple of weeks. I’ll be out of the shop for a few days but hope to be making sawdust again very soon.

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery Peter ,
    You will be fine after the operation ,
    I’ll be waiting to hear from you again soon

Doobie

Hope it all works out good for you Peter.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

all the best for you and good recovery.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

All the best Peter. I am sure everything will be fine and you will be making sawdust pretty soon.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Wow, good luck and a speedy recovery.

Will

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Hope everything goes well for you @smallerstick . Will pray for good news.

Subcontract, sure it’s great , take work away from the shop floor , because we are to busy to get it done ,
    Great I have three jobs on hold, or up to short just because of subcontract error , I’m still trying to understand where they are saving time or money ?

Anyway , building a load unit and missing a crucial part 🤔

Sorry for the rant

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Spend the day on the highway today getting my new planer. Got unloaded in my basement. I need to figure out where I am going put in my shop.

Greg

I got a coat of BLO on the vanity. Then realised I didn’t make the piece for the toe kick. Oh well, I still have other parts to make anyway. Then I spent a large amount of time editing video. I got it uploading now. I’ll post it later in my thread.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Spend the day on the highway today getting my new planer. Got unloaded in my basement. I need to figure out where I am going put in my shop.

what kind of planer did you get?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Going out to help my sister and Mom move , from Nepean to Braeside
    Plus I’ll be building a division wall for her , gonna pack up the car and leave soon ,

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Hoping to do last minutes leaves today and tomorrow with the weather being warmer and maybe put up heat tape up in my gutters too.

Doobie

You gonna get a mobile base for it Greg?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@jimdaddyo, @boschmanbrian, @doobie, @madman_us, @gtokley, @wbembrid, @roninohio thanks for your good wishes, surgery went very well but I will be out of the shop for a few days more.

The biopsy part of yesterdays procedure was interesting. They injected a radioactive solution into my leg where the lesion had been removed, then took images with a gamma camera; a machine the size of a house, to locate the lymph node closest to the lesion. They then removed that node for biopsy. I should have test results in a couple of weeks.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that’s tough. I wish you the best and prayers to you and yours.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

@jimdaddyo, @boschmanbrian, @doobie, @madman_us, @gtokley, @wbembrid, @roninohio thanks for your good wishes, surgery went very well but I will be out of the shop for a few days more.

The biopsy part of yesterdays procedure was interesting. They injected a radioactive solution into my leg where the lesion had been removed, then took images with a gamma camera; a machine the size of a house, to locate the lymph node closest to the lesion. They then removed that node for biopsy. I should have test results in a couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear that and I hope you have a speedy recovery .

It has been a bit of an electical week for me, I bought a package of set back programmable thermostats at Costco because the girls have a bad habit of turning up the electric heaters and not turning them down. So when the oil fired burner ( on a programmable thermostat) goes down the electrics try and heat the whole house. So I installed 3 of these today, I more to do when I move the final piece of furniture to my step daughters place and the last will be saved for the bathroom remodel. Gotta love Costco mega-packs of stuff.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

what kind of planer did you get?

I got a Delta 380 15 inch planer!

I needs a mobile base for sure. I might make a base for it now as I have some casters. If it doesn’t work out I will buy one. I might get my Uncle to welded one up and put my casters on it.

Greg

Doobie

I needs a mobile base for sure. I might make a base for it now as I have some casters. If it doesn’t work out I will buy one. I might get my Uncle to welded one up and put my casters on it.

How much does it weigh, and over what kind of surface would you be pushing it around on?

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.987 seconds