dcsimg

V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice day out there today. Gonna get some outdoor building done today that I’ve had to put on hold lately. Winter is around the corner.

Are you gonna start building on the concrete you did?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Finished off the rust repair on the car. The last time I bought the colour match paint, it didn’t, so I got the guy to lighten it up. Now instead of it being darker than the original colour, it’s lighter. Oh well, from 50 yards away and at 50 mph no one will notice. I may do a bit of colour sanding to it yet.

I also pruned a few of the cedars on the edge of the lot to clean it up a bit.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Nice day out there today. Gonna get some outdoor building done today that I’ve had to put on hold lately. Winter is around the corner.

Yep. I spent the afternoon figuring out the lean-to shed layout. I was getting ready to start framing and ran into a build issue though. My door overhead clearances are pretty low. Stopped me from carrying on til I ponder how I want to deal with increasing the clearannce without compromising other structural needs. If it wasn’t for the fact we get snow here, the solution is easy. Instead, I have to balance one evil against another.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Well I’m back at the floating house. Installed my first mini split unit today. It was one of those DIY Mr Cool 18,000 BTU units. Went in really well. Got another one to do in the morning on the lower level.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Well I’m back at the floating house. Installed my first mini split unit today. It was one of those DIY Mr Cool 18,000 BTU units. Went in really well. Got another one to do in the morning on the lower level.

Nice, did you have any problem with the coolent or air in the lines.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

No everything went as planned. Line sets are sealed and units are precharged.

Ron

No everything went as planned. Line sets are sealed and units are precharged.

Good stuff Ron, they are great little units, did you install the fan/motor on the deck off the boat house, or did you install it higher up on the walls with the brackets. (pump)

Finishing up my last couple of landing gear units, and will see what they give me for work today.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Glad the project went well. They really are easy to install.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My day didn’t goes a planned yesterday. I tried to get a hold of a guy that gave me a quote replacing my Bathtub in my rental apartment. After several tries calling him and not getting hold of him. I called another number on the quote. I left a message with CS rep to have the sales guy give me a call. It turned out the owner of the company called me and answered my questions and they will doing my bathtub on Friday. So it was well worth it getting the stuff done I wanted to get done.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Back to drywall repairs today. This is my first attempt at skim coating and I have to say, it’s going really well. I’ve been following Paul Peck’s YT channel and that has been a really great help.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yep. I spent the afternoon figuring out the lean-to shed layout. I was getting ready to start framing and ran into a build issue though. My door overhead clearances are pretty low. Stopped me from carrying on til I ponder how I want to deal with increasing the clearannce without compromising other structural needs. If it wasn’t for the fact we get snow here, the solution is easy. Instead, I have to balance one evil against another.

The door can cut down. It only needs to be your height plus a little. Will it still not work after you cut 8 or 10 inches?? Is it going on the end or the front?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

finished getting two houses ready for sod today. I hope to get at least one of them sodded tomorrow and possibly part of the other.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Glad the project went well. They really are easy to install.

Yes they are. Second one finished before lunch today.

Ron

Doobie

The door can cut down. It only needs to be your height plus a little. Will it still not work after you cut 8 or 10 inches?? Is it going on the end or the front?

The opening for the 6 foot wide long side ‘barn doors’ I had planned would have only been 67 inches high framed without any jamb. This was with a 1:12 pitch roof already. I’m 5′ 10″, and my 15 year old kid could maybe end up taller than me in a few years also.

Now I’m thinking I’m gonna maybe make the width maybe 5 feet and make a gable roof over that double door area. I was planning on building my own doors for this structure anyways.

There will also be a 3 foot wide door on the short end towards my driveway for the snow blower. That shouldn’t be a problem getting enough clearance, I just gotta maybe frame up to the rafter my door opening.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Finally after almost 10 years of living here I replaced my oil furnace with a new gas furnace . No more waking up freezing my arse off .

Finally after almost 10 years of living here I replaced my oil furnace with a new gas furnace . No more waking up freezing my arse off .

Nice, must be a big improvement and difference already,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

And I am sure more energy efficient as well. Should do a lot to reduce your heating bill as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I guess someone broke in the house our other crew was finishing up. Stole all their tools. That is why I take all my tools home every day. We lock all the company tools in a trailer we keep at the job site.

I guess someone broke in the house our other crew was finishing up. Stole all their tools. That is why I take all my tools home every day. We lock all the company tools in a trailer we keep at the job site.

Geeze that sucks Ron,
    Happy to hear that you are not affected, and smart idea to bring all your tools home.

To bad for the boss and guys that left them on site ,
    Darn crooks

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice. I know your going to enjoy that.

Ron

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.980 seconds