dcsimg

V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

im not a big fan of vinyl siding .

I like both the Hardie and LP siding products. What do you have on the rest of the house?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

More winching logs up the embankment and cutting them into firewood. Split some of the dry stuff and brought it into the house too. I’m tired, but it’s a good tired.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Finishing up the plywood floors on the second floor of the barn

Very nice clean looking framing! .

Thanks, not bad for two of us me and Benoit who are just basically typical general contractor/renovator guys, and the other guy Martin who is a window/door contractor , thanks Dirty

@Doobie what’s the difference between in ground and above ground, this is the first pool I ever owned and closed and opened by myself,
    I realized why they usually do this with easy two to three guys,
    So many things to do,
    Including the propane pool heater ☹️ I told my wife today, I can’t do everything by myself , she promised to come help me this week to finish off the closing up, I did pretty much everything else, I just need help to make sure that the lines are empty, and then fill with antifreeze for plumbing, and then the tarp/netting for the leafs.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This afternoon I went out to my Grandparent’s farm to pick up some of my stuff that I had stored in the barn. I also pick up some lumber and other stuff. We said our good byes to the place as the farm is sold. Kinda of a sad day for me I was hoping I could have bought this place and keep in the family.

I also rough cut some poplar for a Christmas present.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I mowed the lawn and raked, adjusted the sweep on the back door to tighten up the crack at the bottom of the door, and filled a couple of holes inter front door I’ve been meaning to get to for the last few years.

Charlie

Instagram

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I like both the Hardie and LP siding products. What do you have on the rest of the house?

Most of my house is old yellow brick .

That’s a nice size addition John, looks great

Building another A/C oxygen valve assembly

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now that winter is coming I am back to work on my addition

Looks like the addition is coming along nicely John.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the outside views of the whole house, John. That puts things in better perspective. Really nice window treatments on the addition.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I had to add another charging shelf for the Makita charger.

Will

Doobie

This afternoon I went out to my Grandparent’s farm to pick up some of my stuff that I had stored in the barn. I also pick up some lumber and other stuff. We said our good byes to the place as the farm is sold. Kinda of a sad day for me I was hoping I could have bought this place and keep in the family.

Shame it couldn’t stay in the family Greg. Was it still an operational farm?

Closed the pool today finally. Above ground pools are such a pain to close but at least I got it all done in one day this year.

what’s the difference between in ground and above ground, this is the first pool I ever owned and closed and opened by myself,
    I realized why they usually do this with easy two to three guys,
    So many things to do,
    Including the propane pool heater ☹️ I told my wife today, I can’t do everything by myself , she promised to come help me this week to finish off the closing up, I did pretty much everything else, I just need help to make sure that the lines are empty, and then fill with antifreeze for plumbing, and then the tarp/netting for the leafs.

Getting the type of cover we have now is a tricky task somewhat with the size of it, but I had it folded up in a manner that made it easier to unfold and bring over. Tying down the rubber pull straps is hard somewhat, but that kind of cover is way better than just tossing one over on top of the water. Leaves roll off it and I don’t have that horrid task in the spring of clearing off all the crap on the top when I go to remove it.

Water stays pretty pristine come spring time and removing it is way easier and not a yucky messy job. This suspended type with the slit drain down the middle to allow rain to flow thru it is ten times better. It wpuld cost around $600 for this size pool (19 X 33), but it lasts longer too. This is year four and I think I can get a couple more years out of it at least.

I know what you’re wondering, what happens in heavy snowfalls. Heavy snow will just cause the tarp to sag to the water level, but as it melts and flows into the pool gradually, the tarp just bounces back up to be suspended across. The tarp material has a stretchiness to it unlike regular tarps and is quite thick compared as well.

When I build my deck around the pool though, I’m trying to figure out a way I can actually install one of those even more solid suspended pool covers normally used for in ground pools. You basically need to have the ability to have straight rows of anchors installed on all four sides. I’ve got ideas of how I can make that work possibly when the time comes, but still a little more investigation is needed to see if that’s feasible.

My lines don’t need anti-freeze as I just uncouple them entirely and roll them up for the winter. They each run over 30 feet each. I still have to do that, but that’s a ten minute job.

One PITA I have is my Hayward pool pump doesn’t have a bottom drain on it. Have to basically uncouple it all and lift upside down to drain it. I’d uncouple it anyways as I was told no matter either way they always still have some water in them and should be stored indoors for the winter. Not sure if that is necessarily true. I should actually go dig out my owners manual and see if this is in fact true. Do you store yours inside Brian?

@boschmanbrian

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds like you have it figured out Doobie. I got to get out and cover up the wife’s pool still.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@Doobie ah okay, I see, I didn’t realize your pool was that size, makes sense, mine is similar 16 x32 but kidney shaped and in ground,
    Lots of pipes to blow out and add antifreeze.

Those are nice covers, I was thinking about getting one like you mentioned, but$$$$ very costly

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh I see, you know what i’ve done in the past and think looks good is run hardie lap up to the bottom of those windows on the gable end and then Hardie board and baton on top.

Dirty

I did a little base board and edited a short video that’s meant to be a bit of a comedic salute to a podcast I listen to.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I have a few things going on. This deck is about to get covered but the rain has been slowing down the effort. I swear this year has been like 3 day a week wet or disgustingly humid/hot.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Building more assemblies, they are having a hard time keeping up with the schedule, looks like we will be able to do more hours,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Building more assemblies,

Nice to be busy on the factory floor. More orders signal a good economy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a few things going on. This deck is about to get covered but the rain has been slowing down the effort. I swear this year has been like 3 day a week wet or disgustingly humid/hot.

That’s a nice start on the deck.. Is that 17’x 14′ or so? I can’t wait to see the decking and the hand rail on.

Dirty

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

That’s a nice start on the deck.. Is that 17’x 14′ or so? I can’t wait to see the decking and the hand rail on.

Thanks its 12’6″ x 17’6″ you were very close. The owner has a horrible existing ugly deck, falling down on the side of the house and has ideas of connecting the two. Hes dreaming.

I wanted him to trash the thing so we can increase the size of this one. Our zoning laws limit us to 5% lot coverage.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.953 seconds