dcsimg

V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,010 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent the morning cutting strips for the top and ends of my pegboard wall and then got into the holes – just one more side left to drill tomorrow.

And then in the afternoon I started cleaning up and laying out a piece of facia I took from my friend’s house to cut soffit holes in.

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Did some yard work and planted a tree.

Nursing my back a little, and drinking a beer.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Still ripping out for a bathroom reno But beginning to do some rebuilding as well. Doing a little more on the cherry vanity build.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Trying to keep concrete dust out LOL.

Lol great picture, and good idea, what you working on

Cutting down inch thick old plaster ceiling, that’s been soaked wet, black and moldy from roof leaks, with cellulose insulation, and termite fecal pellets raining down as I use my Marita grinder on it.

Yikes, that sounds nasty, I don’t blame you for getting all covered up like that.

I like how you named your grinder Marita lol
    I assume you mean Makita,

Bet you will be happy when you are finished this part of the job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Cutting down inch thick old plaster ceiling, that’s been soaked wet, black and moldy from roof leaks, with cellulose insulation, and termite fecal pellets raining down as I use my Marita grinder on it.

That sounds really nasty. No wonder it is getting all tore out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yikes, that sounds nasty, I don’t blame you for getting all covered up like that.

Yes, the plaster when using a grinder on it spits out A LOT OF cement dust. I already sealed off the room and opened the window wide with a fan blowing out. I bought a cutting shroud for the grinder that has a dust collection connection, and could have used my shop vac to minimize dust. However, standing on a ladder, holding a grinder upside down, with the shroud and connected hose, it adds to the weight, and it obscured my vision on the cut line. Also not helping is I wear corrective lens, with the safety eye protection and a mask, it fogs up, obscuring the cut even more.

These ceiling plaster is joined with the wall plaster with a wire mesh, so cutting corners is even more stubborn.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Ready for steel roof and railings ! Once these two are done I don’t want to even think about building another large house at least until next spring .

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Worked outside under the gazebo today. There was a nice breeze. I managed to get my hockey equipment rack almost done. I just need round over the edge and more some sanding. Then I can put few coats of poly. I had work around my daughter’s birthday celebrations.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

I cut out a bit more of the bathroom floor and got as much of the wet insulation out that I could. Fun job. Then spent a couple of hours cleaning up and making a level surface for the new floor to go on. Tomorrow I hope to get a bundle of insulation and get that in and the sub floor on.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yes, the plaster when using a grinder on it spits out A LOT OF cement dust. I already sealed off the room and opened the window wide with a fan blowing out. I bought a cutting shroud for the grinder that has a dust collection connection, and could have used my shop vac to minimize dust. However, standing on a ladder, holding a grinder upside down, with the shroud and connected hose, it adds to the weight, and it obscured my vision on the cut line. Also not helping is I wear corrective lens, with the safety eye protection and a mask, it fogs up, obscuring the cut even more.

These ceiling plaster is joined with the wall plaster with a wire mesh, so cutting corners is even more stubborn.

Oh yeah, that’s one thing I hate about wearing glasses for vision, especially since mine are progressive lenses, always find if difficult, especially when I have to wear the respirators at work,

I always hated wire mesh when doing renovations, either in the plaster like that or ripping out old tiles that had the sand coat base 🙁
    I can’t remember how many times I ripped my hands with that frigging mesh

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Once these two are done I don’t want to even think about building another large house at least until next spring .

I can see why, thye have must have taken a long time to build.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Ready for steel roof and railings ! Once these two are done I don’t want to even think about building another large house at least until next spring .

Understandable John. That’s a bunch of work in those two houses.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro

Are they both for the same client?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Definitely lots of detailed work, what color roofs will you be putting on these John,
    I bet it’s going to be expensive shipping these two castles out, are they in Canada, or USA?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Went out and rented a big Bosch breaker this morning to take out the last of the shower for my bathroom reno. Didn’t take long at all but I’m glad I don’t have to work with one of those all day long. Now I can concentrate on rebuilding.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

We were at a friend of my wife’s cottage on Sunday night so I got talked into making a shelf for her cottage. So this is what I had the right size of existing material.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those are some monsters!! That’s gotta be a big job getting them on their posts.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Thanks guys , one of them is going in my yard and the other one is about 45 minutes away so no worries about shipping this time . I have to paint one of them red so I probably will do them both the same . Ill takes some pics when I put mine up .

Spent $1200 we didn’t have for supplies and fixtures for the bathroom reno project. Had to get the wife to crawl under the home and open up the belly to remove more wet insulation. The 1900N light really makes seeing things you don’t want to see easy. Good thing my wife is small, I can’t fit under the house. We are leaving it open overnight to dry out and maybe start putting in insulation tomorrow….I may need another bundle.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Oh yeah, that’s one thing I hate about wearing glasses for vision, especially since mine are progressive lenses, always find if difficult, especially when I have to wear the respirators at work,

I always hated wire mesh when doing renovations, either in the plaster like that or ripping out old tiles that had the sand coat base 🙁
    I can’t remember how many times I ripped my hands with that frigging mesh

yes I have had to cut holes in older bathrooms. Those are nasty too. Usually really thick set mortar floated on metal lath which can get to over two inches thick. If I have to reach into the wall cavity to fish for pipes or wires, my arm gets nicked all the time.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,011 total)

The topic ‘V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.079 seconds