dcsimg

V-35 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 894 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 20 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 895 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.

Here’s the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-34-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/#post-695628

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Tried to paint but it rained for about 10 minutes and boards are wet. So I started to cut up a wild berry vine.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Trying to keep concrete dust out LOL.

Lol great picture, and good idea, what you working on

Cutting down inch thick old plaster ceiling, that’s been soaked wet, black and moldy from roof leaks, with cellulose insulation, and termite fecal pellets raining down as I use my Marita grinder on it.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I hung some solid pine interior doors with the help of my Winbag shims. Those things are pretty handy to have around.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Some pretty good progress on my pegboard wall built this morning. I got the dividers cut and installed and all the outer ply that will make the peg boards cut to final length – it’s finally starting to look like the final product!

I also took a little time and made some blocks to hang my ladde hooks off of – I tried drilling straight info the roof joists, but it just wouldn’t work with how short they are off the shop and how big the ladder is. But I got to use my new Grizzly band saw for the first real time and that was a lot of fun!

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I finally got the grass cut this morning before it got too hot. I went to install a new chain guard I got for my one daughters bike. I found out it was too small. She really wanted to ride her bike and wouldn’t let her ride without one. I thought about going to buy another one. I decide it didn’t make sense to go buy one. As I would take me around 2 hours there & back plus gas. So I decided to make temporary one from 1/4 plywood and some pieces of poplar. It seems to do the job. I also made bike repair stand. It made working on the bikes much easier. I need to make some changes too it. But it work ok. After dinner we went to my parents trailer for visit and so we could ride our bikes.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I hung some solid pine interior doors with the help of my Winbag shims. Those things are pretty handy to have around.

To say the least. I keep a couple Winbags in the work vehicle just in case.

Ron

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I don’t think I have seen those before. Definitely good to have for heavy doors. Thanks, Chad.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Some pretty good progress on my pegboard wall built this morning. I got the dividers cut and installed and all the outer ply that will make the peg boards cut to final length – it’s finally starting to look like the final product!

I also took a little time and made some blocks to hang my ladde hooks off of – I tried drilling straight info the roof joists, but it just wouldn’t work with how short they are off the shop and how big the ladder is. But I got to use my new Grizzly band saw for the first real time and that was a lot of fun!

It’s coming along Charlie, I used aluminum brackets to hang my ladder inside the garage,

What is the peg board divider going to be used for

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I don’t think I have seen those before. Definitely good to have for heavy doors. Thanks, Chad.

They work well for most anything that needs leveling. I’ve used mine for base cabinets, windows and as Chad showed doors.

Ron

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

They work well for most anything that needs leveling. I’ve used mine for base cabinets, windows and as Chad showed doors.

They are handy. Starting to see them a lot more widely available up here in Canada now since I bought mine.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I found out it was too small. She really wanted to ride her bike and wouldn’t let her ride without one. I thought about going to buy another one. I decide it didn’t make sense to go buy one. As I would take me around 2 hours there & back plus gas. So I decided to make temporary one from 1/4 plywood and some pieces of poplar.

Nice solution to the problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love the shim bags,, The longer I have the more things I find to use them on.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I got up this morning and the wife said she hears something that sounds like water running in the master bath. We look under the house and see it dripping.
    Shut off the water and since I had replaced part of the floor years ago I went from above and opened it up. One of the 30+ year old polybutylene T fittings was leaking. I got on the internet and found out who had one in stock and ran to get one. About 3 big trash bags of sopping insulation. Not leaking now, but a job ahead of us now.
    Of course, now that everything is out of the master bath, wife thinks it’s a good time to finally remodel it. The toilet and sink are OK but she wants a shower/tub put in, new flooring, cabinets, yada, yada, yade. I guess I know what my next project is.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I got up this morning and the wife said she hears something that sounds like water running in the master bath. We look under the house and see it dripping.
    Shut off the water and since I had replaced part of the floor years ago I went from above and opened it up. One of the 30+ year old polybutylene T fittings was leaking. I got on the internet and found out who had one in stock and ran to get one. About 3 big trash bags of sopping insulation. Not leaking now, but a job ahead of us now.
    Of course, now that everything is out of the master bath, wife thinks it’s a good time to finally remodel it. The toilet and sink are OK but she wants a shower/tub put in, new flooring, cabinets, yada, yada, yade. I guess I know what my next project is.

Haha poor you Jim, no resting up just yet,
    Actually better now than in a few months from now,

Yeah, that’s true. Now I get to figure out how to install a tub and surround. Wife is looking at them now. I think it is less expensive to buy them separate than to buy a whole tub/surround all in one. Flooring is pretty expensive too from what I am seeing.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Ha ha . You just thought the leaky fitting was a job. The job got bigger!
    Then when you get the bathroom done the next room looks bad and then the next and next…

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yeah, that’s true. Now I get to figure out how to install a tub and surround. Wife is looking at them now. I think it is less expensive to buy them separate than to buy a whole tub/surround all in one. Flooring is pretty expensive too from what I am seeing.

Do you have a plumbarium store in your area, I get some good discounts from the one out our way, I gave them tons of business when I was in the renovation business, still get good deals.

Yeah flooring can be expensive, depending on what type and style you go with.

Do you have a plumbarium store in your area

No, never heard of them. Will probably get most of it from the local RONA. They seem to have the best prices locally. I am not looking forward to stripping drywall to install the tub then building up from there. Nor am I enthusiastic about doing the plumbing work, or buying the parts. I told the wife we may be on a budget, but I don’t want to be tearing it apart in 5 years to replace taps and such.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Nice solution to the problem.

Thanks Bill! It seem to work ok. It isn’t my best work.

I managed to fit in some shop time in today. I going to make my daughter a drying rack for her hockey equipment/hockey gear dummy. So I laminated couple 2 x 4’s together to make a 4 x 4 post. I cut out the feet from some 2 x 4 and cut a dado in them. I am going have my daughter help with rest of it tomorrow.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 895 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.442 seconds