dcsimg

V-34 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today I worked on soffits and drops all day long.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Today I worked on soffits and drops all day long.

Was it the hottest day of the year so far for you guys on Oahu too? On Kauai it was scorching hot today, felt odd after cloudy days for so long. I was re-oiling wooden wooden railing’s as well as other thing’s like doors, windows, ect. Had to be real careful not to sweat on the work. Some area’s had a ton of humidity from all of the plant life, those area’s were tough to work in today.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

Doobie

Do you ever find yourself with so many owners manuals that it is just one big unruly pile where finding the one you want when you actually need it is a PITA? Well, I’m gonna start to work on correcting all that today. This might take a while though. The mountain of them is a bit daunting.

Got the slabs put together!

Ah now I understand about not needing the clamps, don’t have to explain that 3 times to me lol
    Looking good Jim

Just called in for my work permit,
    Going over here Mei process and correcting it for the engineer department,
    Then going to finish off a few bulbs for the aims department,
    Waiting to find out what is the next step in the negotiations, still working with out a contract, hopefully they get this resolved quickly.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do you ever find yourself with so many owners manuals

I have a bunch as well, try to keep them in alphabetical order in magazine holders.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nice! Looks like there won’t be much flattening required for the assembled slab. Did the drawboring cause any deflection?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Did the drawboring cause any deflection?

No, but there is a bit of twist over all that was there. It ought to come out with final flattening although I am not worried about a little bit. I only need the top to be true in an area as big as the largest piece I will work on

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Another big step for your top. Great job. How long is it going to be when finished?

Another big step for your top. Great job. How long is it going to be when finished?

Right around 6′ long.

I started planing the top flat today…..this is going to take some time. My hands are sore.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Looks like they came together really nice.

Do you ever find yourself with so many owners manuals that it is just one big unruly pile where finding the one you want when you actually need it is a PITA? Well, I’m gonna start to work on correcting all that today. This might take a while though. The mountain of them is a bit daunting.

I don’t think I have that many. I don’t keep many of them. I try find a pdf online. But really I hardly look at manual. I did throw a few out awhile ago from ones I did keep.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Spaced out and drilled most of the holes for another dilation chart this morning, then did some returns, picked up painting supplies for my volunteers, had a meeting about our sewage pump, and then went home and got to work figuring out all the cut list for the portable stage.

Oh, and I moved my little work bench seat to someplace that is actually functionally beneficial, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

Finishing some last minute things in the shop today,

Still not sure what to expect later this afternoon when we go vote for our contract,
    Should be a long day,

Can’t wait to get this stuff behind me,
    Hope we can get a decent contract and hoping for another 5 year deal,

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Still not sure what to expect later this afternoon when we go vote for our contract,
    Should be a long day,

Sorry things are so up in the air right now Brian. Hopefully there’s some resolution by tonight.

Charlie

Instagram

Just about to head out to the shop and do more hand planing. Perhaps I should sweep up yesterdays shavings first.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just about to head out to the shop and do more hand planing. Perhaps I should sweep up yesterdays shavings first.

There’s a perverse pleasure in wading through piles of shavings. Kind of makes you realize how much work you have done.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

There’s a perverse pleasure in wading through piles of shavings. Kind of makes you realize how much work you have done.

Yes, I guess there is. That, and the sore spot I get on the heel of my left hand where it keeps coming into contact with the body of the plane. I got one end pretty much done, about 1/3 over all. Just started on the other end and once that third is done the hardest part will be done. The centre third is pretty even. Then I have to flip it over and do a rough levelling on the bottom.

Doobie

Now I’ve just gotta just go thru all the stuff that was inside it before putting it all back. Lots of crap destined for the blue box.

This was a total fail trying to get to this….gonna try again today. Darn phone keeps ringing…along with other distractions….aaaargh!

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Among other things I fixed my little one. It was leaking air through the regulator like crazy. I thought it’s the manifold.
    But I started by replacing the o-ring. With a Moen one. Perfect fit. No problemos so far.

Should be a long day,

Sorry things are so up in the air right now Brian. Hopefully there’s some resolution by tonight.

Yeah, thanks Charlie,
    It’s official I’m unemployed 🙁
    The members refused the offer,
    So now it’s a waiting game to see what happens next, I believe they will come back with another offer this Tuesday.
    I personally don’t see us out for a long period, plenty of work, and the stocks are doing great, among other factors.

Actually extremely tired, been doing plenty of hours the last couple of months, plus weekends, I could use the break,

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Picked up the lumber for some barn doors.

Attachments:

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-34 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.283 seconds