dcsimg

V-34 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,008 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  cranbrook2 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.

Here’s the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-33-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@ronw thanks for the new thread Ron

Clearing out the desk and revamping the room, now that my co worker retired, I am adjusting the room to suit my needs,
    Can’t start the Cesium transfer, just in case we strike by Tuesday night, can’t leave the system on vacuum just in case we loose power while we are out. Going to be interesting the next few days.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Sure is a nice view from the office this morning.

Attachments:

Ron

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yeah, that’s not bad at all! Going for a swim after work today?

@boschmanbrian sounds tough Brian, I hope everything turns out alright.

Charlie

Instagram

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Just wrapped up a deck and Im supposed to install a new double window but its too hot today and Im unmotivated. The window job is a tough one.

Glass block legs over masonry ugh….

heres the deck

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just wrapped up a deck

Nice deck.

Rocking the dust collection I see.

We had the roofers come in and dry this one in.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I started building a John Heisz auto switch for an old vac on my miter saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHm6ikPPrVA

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I put a window A/C unit in the bedroom. Couldn’t do much more then that as it was raining.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Would be perfect if you had a brew in one hand and a fishing pole in the other!

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Would be perfect if you had a brew in one hand and a fishing pole in the other!

Yes it would Ron. And that day is coming. Just not this week.

Ron

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Today I moved a 600ish pound boulder we had used as a sermon prop back to its spot outside – we had an engine hoist rigged and everything, but eventually just decided to slide it off the stage on an improvised ramp and piece of carpet. That was fun.

Checked in on a few big projects I’ve got in the works and made a few calls.

Pulled about 150’ of extension cord up in the low drop ceiling in the sanctuary to avoid a trip hazard and have easy power access for a window fan.

Sprayed a second coat of finish on the bench slats and filled a bunch of Woodpecker holes in some siding so I can paint tomorrow.

It wasn’t a super productive day, I was feeling so bleh with the heat and humidity. And now I’m filling in for one of my janitors who’s on vacation.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We had the roofers come in and dry this one in.

Nice progress, great view.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Getting the room up to my liking, feels good to have my own work station,
    Probably won’t be a very productive day today, just because I can’t take a chance with the system failing if we are out on strike, so it’s going to be doing just little tasks around the glass blowing room.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I started building a John Heisz auto switch for an old vac on my miter saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHm6ikPPrVA

Let us know how that turns out for you. I hope it is as easy as John says it is.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

It wasn’t a super productive day, I was feeling so bleh with the heat and humidity.

I didn’t get much done either yesterday because of the stiffling heat and humidity. When we get those super heavy low pressure systems, I can feel really as if my head is in some kind of a vise at times and it’s like I’m fighting off a headache with a dose of lethargy even if I stay inside my air conditioned house. That weather system is gone today and I expect to get a lot more done.

I actually feel so much more relaxed now that my busy busy office season is all but over. The last couple of years when this period was over I would still have that shed build I needed to get back on with the town hanging over me and the permit related to that build on my mind. I feel so different this year and I’m eager to bite into another big project that won’t have somebody sitting over my shoulder with an evil stare.

Sadly, I really hate the one neighbor couple next door to me now for having called the town and snitched on me to get a permit for my shed build. I didn’t have to change one darn thing of what I had been building having to get it permitted, but that stress it put on me having to deal with all that really sealed my sentiments on how I perceive those SOBs who live next door to me. Just outright despise and hate them now whereas before they just annoyed the crap out of me and my wife.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I feel so different this year and I’m eager to bite into another big project that won’t have somebody sitting over my shoulder with an evil stare.

Sadly, I really hate the one neighbor couple next door to me now for having called the town and snitched on me to get a permit for my shed build.

If they give you the stink eye why not just return the finger and laugh?? It’s not worth the stress. You needed a permit anyway for your property so now it’s all good. You can’t sell it with permitted builds all over it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Used the Bosch 1617 router, the fancy edge guide and a 1/2″ Bosch bit to put some mortises in the edge of my slabs. Will be fine tuning them a bit with a chisel, but they are not critical for size, just length so the loose tenons can be draw bored and hold the slabs together.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

so the loose tenons can be draw bored and hold the slabs together.

I don’t think I ever saw this done before. Sounds like a good way to join the slabs together.

Greg

I don’t think I ever saw this done before. Sounds like a good way to join the slabs together

I’ve never seen it either, and I forget where I heard about it too. I got the tenons cut and fit into the mortises. The dry fit was a bit of a challenge but it worked. Now I have to go get some oak dowels and glue and pin this puppy together.

Attachments:

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ve never seen it either, and I forget where I heard about it too. I got the tenons cut and fit into the mortises. The dry fit was a bit of a challenge but it worked. Now I have to go get some oak dowels and glue and pin this puppy together.

Look forward to seeing being now. I guess you videoing this being now?

We went out for bike ride. The girls have never rode on the side of the roads before. This is the first year my youngest has had her training wheels off. It was interesting ride. It was fun. Plus there were long going too sleep after they went too bed.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,009 total)

The topic ‘V-34 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 4.643 seconds