dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I hung this porch bed today. It is built from douglas fir and a whole bunch of Festool Dominos.

The homeowner’s daughter was so excited to try it out that she kept popping outside to check on my progress! Its nice when people are excited about my work….even if they are only 6 years old.

Nice looking project Jon. I’d say if you made the child happy, everyone in the home will be.
    Did you do some type of bump stop to keep it from swinging into the house?

No, but the homeowner is going to add something to keep their daughter from slamming the bed into the house.

I hung this porch bed today. It is built from douglas fir and a whole bunch of Festool Dominos.

The homeowner’s daughter was so excited to try it out that she kept popping outside to check on my progress! Its nice when people are excited about my work….even if they are only 6 years old.

How deep go into the joists those hooks?

About 2 1/2″ of threads…7/16″ in diameter. I swung around on each one of the ropes just to test it out too 🙂 They are rated around 350# each I believe.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Just came back from our union negotiations meeting, looks like I might be part Russian Brian Summeroff lol
    We gave the union negotiating committee a mandate to strike at 98% just because the company hasn’t came up with any offers.
    If nothing by Tuesday at midnight, I might be back at my sideline doing renovations
    That being said, I already have been approached by two former clients

@RonW
    I think this one maybe breaking soon.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just came back from our union negotiations meeting, looks like I might be part Russian Brian Summeroff lol
    We gave the union negotiating committee a mandate to strike at 98% just because the company hasn’t came up with any offers.
    If nothing by Tuesday at midnight, I might be back at my sideline doing renovations
    That being said, I already have been approached by two former clients

@ronw I think this one maybe breaking soon.

Good Luck Brian. Since we signed a new deal we have had 5 people quit.

Had a busy day today. Start off the day finally got to go to my girls skating lessons. I pretty happy how much they have improved. After I got home I sharpened the blade on the lawnmower. Then cut the grass. Worked on my portable a/c unit. The few times we tried to use it would leak water on the floor. This time dug a little deeper found out it needed a good clean as the water run down the fins. It seems to work good down.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

At work I got to go to the Fathers Day weekend Tool Expo at my local hardware store. Stopped by the Bosch booth to check things out. The newer green three plane laser was pretty neat – I didn’t realize it was on the 12V platform, so that’s pretty awesome. I wouldn’t mind seeing that on the prize list!

The big things today were working on a toilet (I probably need to just replace the whole thing, but I had a few things to rule out first), and then I also set up my painting station and sprayed all the bench slats with a base coat of Sikkens Cetol1.

Seems like you had a great time with the Bosch rep. Hopefully they were more informative than others. I encountered some folks in the past and asked myself why they even work for Bosch lol.
    Yeah Bosch has 3 different models of the GLL3-### and the dual power options is pretty cool. I can’t imagine to keep buying regular batteries.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Shop time? Today? Nahhhh!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    Doobie

Had a veg out day today. I needed it. The past week was a killer work week for me, but now I’m gonna have time for project pursuits.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yeah Bosch has 3 different models of the GLL3-### and the dual power options is pretty cool. I can’t imagine to keep buying regular batteries.

Most of the time there is a huge costco pack of batteries there just wanting to be used.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a great time. Can’t beat a day at the drag races.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Taking my daughter to the stables for a riding lesson, early this morning, then
    Probably going to hang out at home with her family for Father’s day today,

Happy Father’s day to all the Dad’s and expecting dad’s out there.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds like a good way to spend the day.
    Me I’m going to have to mow the grass this morning before it gets to hot.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Thanks Ron, have you been using the pool lately?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Not really my thing. lol But the wife does everyday.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Not really my thing. lol But the wife does everyday.

Haha, good to hear that the wife is enjoying the pool, have a happy Father’s day to you Ron.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Back at assembling doors today. I’m hoping to have the parts finished for all of them by the end of the day. 4 are complete so far, 7 to go.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

That’s something I’ve never done I have always kinda wanted to go see. One day.

I used to watch a lot of Top Fuel back in the days of Big Daddy Don Garlitz, Connie Colotta and Shirley Muldowney to name a few I recall off the top of my head. Haven’t watched any in years. It’s just so rarely shown up here in Canada on our TV Sports networks. You’d figure with TSN and Sportsnet nowadays having five or more stations each, it would be the opposite.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I managed to get a few things done today. Since the portable A/C seems to be working fine. I made up a board so it can be vented outside. It isn’t fancy but it does the job. I also got the girls to help install in the window.

Then we had a Father’s Day celebrations. Then I got my Bicycle & wife’s bicycle out of the basement. Clean them both and lubed the chain. I also made a few adjustments. Cleaned out the smaller shed for the bikes. Then on to weeding the gardens and planting a few flowers.

I didn’t everything done I wanted to do. But aleast I something done. LOL!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Cut the lumber to make 6 large cutting boards and another 6 cheese slicing boards. I’ll glue them up this week. I was fortunate to find some really neat boards to use. I have an internet based supplier that shows individual boards on their website so you can select the ones you want to buy.

Doobie

Started the day out OK doin some shop tdying up and reorganizing things. Overflowed my pool severely later in the day. Gotta get a decent timer man! Those mechanical ones just don’t last.

Took on a semi menial task of swapping out some crappy casters on a old an odd type of hanging file storage mobile unit I keep in my basement’s mechanical room for various owners manuals and whatnot. Went to HD for the casters and when I got back I ended up falling asleep on the couch after eating lunch. Will have to wait til tomorrow now as I was doin Father’s Day stuff once I woke up on the couch.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I spent the first half of my day at a side job tearing out all the trim in a 1300 sq ft home for a lady so it would be ready for painters this week. She’s getting it ready for her parents to move into and needed someone to do some extra prep work. So I got that all done and clipped all the nails off the backs so she could reuse the trim, pulled out some carpet, and ripped out a water damaged section of subfloor under one of the toilets and put in a new piece of plywood to replace it (I missed with the first hole for the flange, lol 🤦‍♂️😂)

Spent the rest of the day with my girls, blew up the swimming pool again and had a great lunch and dinner, and got to go to my wife’s yoga class (she’s an instructor at a local studio). Nice way to spend the day for sure, and made a little extra cash too.

Charlie

Instagram

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I did almost completed this bathroom

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.703 seconds