dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

I’m still on the master bath- closet ceilings.
    Had some light boxes in the closet and the beach was beautiful today.

😮 what light boxes lol, I can’t stop looking at the beach picture 😉

Same old for me, called security for my work permit, Going to be doing some glass work again, and the guy who was working with me is retiring today, his last day, after 39 years and 10 months

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Putting up ply on the walls and ceiling at the float house. May start laying the floor today.

Nice to see you’re back on the float house.

I’d say it’s nice being back out on the water. But man it’s been hot. No AC in the lower level of the place yet.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

and the beach was beautiful today.

Hard to get anything done with a view like that running around. lol

Ron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m still on the master bath- closet ceilings.
    Had some light boxes in the closet and the beach was beautiful today.

Not sure exactly what a light box is. My guess is that some rope lighting gets added to that. Terminology and methods are certainly different there on the island.

It’s just a pyramid box that the arichy like to hang a light in.. fancy stuff I guess?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Still picking away at the slabs. Hot work hand planing in this heat.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Clev08
    Pro

Casing baseboard window moldings today. And this morning our cabinets arrived so we moved them around and unboxed most of them.

Was a pretty emotional day today, seeing plenty of guys I have worked with over a few decades take the retirement,
    We shared some great laughs and hard times,
    Funny how you see some of the people you work with more than you’re family at times,
    I’m hoping for health and happiness for my fellow colleagues,
    It was a pleasure working with them

Sorry, now I need a stiff drink!!! Or two

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I thought I had the slabs ready to join together, but every time I leave them and come back I think I can do a better job. The top of the joint where they will meet has a few gaps of less than 1/64. Let’s call it a strong 1/128. The underside is a bit worse. I think what I am going to do now is rub some charcoal on one edge, put the edges together, and that will show me the spots where I need to tune it up a bit. I took another bucket of wispy shavings out to the compost today.

I hope it all comes together for you Jim (pun intended). That is a tough task with the size of your slabs. Do you use a jointer plane for this? I salute you as I have yet to be a master of planes.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Finished the master bath ceiling today..

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I hung this porch bed today. It is built from douglas fir and a whole bunch of Festool Dominos.

The homeowner’s daughter was so excited to try it out that she kept popping outside to check on my progress! Its nice when people are excited about my work….even if they are only 6 years old.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Finished up my dilation chart today, and worked on fixing a lounge chair I backed into with my work truck…

At work I got to go to the Fathers Day weekend Tool Expo at my local hardware store. Stopped by the Bosch booth to check things out. The newer green three plane laser was pretty neat – I didn’t realize it was on the 12V platform, so that’s pretty awesome. I wouldn’t mind seeing that on the prize list!

The big things today were working on a toilet (I probably need to just replace the whole thing, but I had a few things to rule out first), and then I also set up my painting station and sprayed all the bench slats with a base coat of Sikkens Cetol1.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Stopped by the Bosch booth to check things out. The newer green three plane laser was pretty neat – I didn’t realize it was on the 12V platform, so that’s pretty awesome. I wouldn’t mind seeing that on the prize list!

It looks like Bosch was well represented there. The new bosch greenie is nice with the blueteeth to the phone app and the 12v bosch or 3-AA batteries is nice too. It would make a great list item!

Doobie

Finished my office stuff. Deadline was met. Tight week. Tight deadline day. It’s largely over now. Now on to some fun stuff! Gonna build $hit now!

Wooooooo….Hoooooo!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Had a pretty easy week as had issue getting sugar from the refinery. But the end result will be working OT on up and coming Saturdays.

I hope to get a few things off the my Too Do List this weekend.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now on to some fun stuff! Gonna build $hit now!

With all those new tools should be fun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I hung this porch bed today. It is built from douglas fir and a whole bunch of Festool Dominos.

The homeowner’s daughter was so excited to try it out that she kept popping outside to check on my progress! Its nice when people are excited about my work….even if they are only 6 years old.

Nice looking project Jon. I’d say if you made the child happy, everyone in the home will be.
    Did you do some type of bump stop to keep it from swinging into the house?

Ron

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

How deep go into the joists those hooks?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I hope it all comes together for you Jim (pun intended). That is a tough task with the size of your slabs. Do you use a jointer plane for this? I salute you as I have yet to be a master of planes.

Yes, a #7 and I am hardly a master at it too. More like a stubborn guy who has used one a few times.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I put the key in the door and locked it up. Looks like the weather is going to clear up enough to go to the drag races. Mmmmmmmmmm, nitro methane fumes.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.934 seconds