dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I finished up the railings on this deck job this morning. After some ridiculous delays because of some materials arriving from the supplier in the wrong color…its finally done.

Looks good Jon! Looks like trex railing? That stair rail terminating into the other rail is sure funky, well executed though, not much else you could do without opening a can of worms I suppose.

Thanks! Its Fiberon railing actually (decking too).

I just repeated the style of the original railings here. The old railings were pressure treated and most certainly easier to work with! I thought about having the two sets of railings both terminate on the post side by side, but the width of the post wouldn’t allow it and it would require me to angle the railings a bit to do so…

Really nice work, Jon. The results must be very satisfying for you.

You could say that! The customer is thrilled, so I’m not going to complain!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Finally got the pool up and running. Hopefully the water will be clear by torrow morning and I’ll turn on the heater. I had to swap out some crappy unions. The new ones have a much better mechanism with a nice large handle. These ones should last a long time.

I finished up the railings on this deck job this morning.

Nice job Jon. Looks great!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Got to spend some time in the shop this morning working some more on the dilation stages piece I’m making – even had my littlest helper in there with me for a while.

Also worked on our dryer and got that back to a semblance of its former self minus one, tiny sensor that I’ll hopefully get to replace tomorrow, but for now the thing is drying clothes just fine thankfully.

Also mowed the lawn tonight, and that felt good – this is the first year since we moved in I really feel like I’ve been keeping up on it. That little Bosch blower really makes a difference in my motivation to get out there. Now that I know it will actually look good and clean after I’m done and not like I just dumped bags of clippings all over the sidewalk it’s much easier I want to get out there and make it look nice!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Also worked on our dryer and got that back to a semblance of its former self minus one, tiny sensor that I’ll hopefully get to replace tomorrow, but for now the thing is drying clothes just fine thankfully.

Glad you got the drying by bypassing the sensor. At least it is working.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@cmeyer25 glad to hear you got it back up and running,

I am volunteering at our daughter school today, it’s the triathlon for the school today,
    Should be a fun day.

Oh boy, this is the calm before the storm, hundreds of kids will be doing the triathlon today.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m heading to the float house this morning. Not sure what we are getting into, but should still be a good week.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Finally got the pool up and running. Hopefully the water will be clear by torrow morning and I’ll turn on the heater. I had to swap out some crappy unions. The new ones have a much better mechanism with a nice large handle. These ones should last a long time.

Heater? Man I’m already thinking we are going to need something to cool ours down.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Heater? Man I’m already thinking we are going to need something to cool ours down.

Our nights are still on the cool side here. They typically are except in July and August. With an above grpund, you can lose a lot of heat overnite and I don’t want no pool blanket. If the pool isn’t at least 80 my wife or son won’t go swimming.

Our nights are still on the cool side here. They typically are except in July and August. With an above grpund, you can lose a lot of heat overnite and I don’t want no pool blanket. If the pool isn’t at least 80 my wife or son won’t go swimming.

Haha, yeah sounds like our place, 6 years ago when we first bought this house with the pool, we were in the pool swimming at 58, the neighbors probably thought what a bunch of idiots lol, now if it’s 77 that’s cold, mine is also up and running, but need to get the propane tank filled up for the heater.

Doobie

Haha, yeah sounds like our place, 6 years ago when we first bought this house with the pool, we were in the pool swimming at 58, the neighbors probably thought what a bunch of idiots lol, now if it’s 77 that’s cold, mine is also up and running, but need to get the propane tank filled up for the heater.

Fortunately, we have NG piped here.

I’m hoping I’ll get far enough this year to get my wife’s sauna built I promised her. I want to go NG with that as well. They heat up faster than electric, don’t cost as much to run, and while they initially cost more than electric heaters, they have longer lifespans apparently as well.

I made a small bench out of left over cedar from the arbor, it always pays to buy extra.

Will

I’m hoping I’ll get far enough this year to get my wife’s sauna built I promised her. I want to go NG with that as well. They heat up faster than electric, don’t cost as much to run, and while they initially cost more than electric heaters, they have longer lifespans apparently as well.

It depends on the heater, the propane that are newer and supposedly better, are supposed to have coppronickle tubing or piping inside the units,
    Not sure about the spelling,
    Especially when using in Salt water or even chlorine for that matter, just because has more of a chance to be corrosive,

The electric heaters are supposed to be made of titanium for the internal plumbing.

We just replaced ours 3 or 4 years ago, because the previous owner, had been putting the chlorine directly into the skimmer basket, in return goes directly to and threw the heater, we had super high numbers of copper leaching out into the pool, which created numerous other problems with the water, and hundreds of dollars spent trying to get rid of the copper, until the unit just let go.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got a whole 3 boards put up today. Started figuring out the roof over for the deck I built last year. Putting those boards up meant wrestling with the 4 x 4 posts that are warped and twisted, so it took all morning to get them to line up as good as they could. Took a bunch of clamps and ratchet straps to get it done. Tomorrow I will trim off the tops of the posts. I left them there during the job to get a bit of advantage on levering them into position.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

We just replaced ours 3 or 4 years ago, because the previous owner, had been putting the chlorine directly into the skimmer basket, in return goes directly to and threw the heater, we had super high numbers of copper leaching out into the pool, which created numerous other problems with the water, and hundreds of dollars spent trying to get rid of the copper, until the unit just let go.

Our first heater was a made in China POS. With ours the firebox collapsed and resulted in the mother board overheating. Went with a Hayward this time.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I finished up the railings on this deck job this morning. After some ridiculous delays because of some materials arriving from the supplier in the wrong color…its finally done.

I bet those folks are happy!! The deck came out looking great.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Started out today as a half day – got to go to my daughters’ end of the year swimming party.

When I got to work the first thing I was asked to do was to move a massive rock for one of the pastors’ object lessons today. That was fun, lol.

Also built a silly little extension pole for opening and closing the highest windows in the sanctuary. Just a pole with a small piece of 1×2 glued into a dado in it, then I spent a lot of time trying to make the extension work…probably more time than I should have.

Also got more done on the paint station frame I’m building, talked to an electrician about our faulty sewage control panel, and then came home and clean the whole house and car with my wife.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I got a whole 3 boards put up today. Started figuring out the roof over for the deck I built last year. Putting those boards up meant wrestling with the 4 x 4 posts that are warped and twisted, so it took all morning to get them to line up as good as they could. Took a bunch of clamps and ratchet straps to get it done. Tomorrow I will trim off the tops of the posts. I left them there during the job to get a bit of advantage on levering them into position.

After seeing the twist in those posts, I’m surprised you got them even close to lining up. Now you can get on with the roof at least.

I didn’t get much done at all; took it easy nursing a kink in my back.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got a whole 3 boards put up today. S

Not fun wrestling with warped posts but looks you got them nicely lined up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Geeze, that’s a good days work just getting them straight enough,
    At least now the rest of the job should be a little easier,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It depends on the heater, the propane that are newer and supposedly better, are supposed to have coppronickle tubing or piping inside the units,
    Not sure about the spelling,
    Especially when using in Salt water or even chlorine for that matter, just because has more of a chance to be corrosive,

The electric heaters are supposed to be made of titanium for the internal plumbing.

Wow that would have been a real pain. We don’t have pool. My wife manages 5 pools for the YMCA. Mine you these are commercial pools. I hear about the problems as people doing something they should have done. This time of year is busy for her as she has 2 outdoor pools to get open pass inspections.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.962 seconds