dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Lot’s of wood splitting over the last couple of weeks. We ran out of seasoned stuff and are into stuff we took down last fall. Not the driest, so splitting it small makes it burn better. I guess the chimney will have a bit more build up in it this year than what we usually get. Not really concerned about it though. What I am concerned about is the weather and it sucking the motivation out of me to be in the shop.

I feel weather is sucking the motivation out me as well. I hope we have some nicer weather soon.

I sure hope so too. That wicked weather system since last weekend has left me in a real nasty mental state. This better be the last of nasty winter weather. I’m fed up! 😬

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Made a transition strip for our mud room this morning – checked that off the to do list finally.

Then today was all prepping for me to be gone on vacation for the next week or so for my little brother’s wedding this coming weekend.

I did get to do a little work on the bathroom shelves eventually this afternoon.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

More framing and beams.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Had the guys working on siding and window wells on one house today, fighting the mud all the way.

I spent the day working on a couple of house deals, finalizing prices on one and trying to acquire land for another.

If these go it will be a busy year.

Looks like snow again today, I have had about enough of that.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Woke up feeling like crap. I’m just going to take the day off.

I am with you on the weather Kurt!

Edited the strop video. Will be posting it up on my thread after the dog is finished taking a nap on my lap.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I paint today

Nice job Ibrahim, I like the colors,
    Boy that hallway looks narrow.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Milled some pine for my new shop cabinets. Did the math and at 90 cents a board foot, it’s cheaper than sheet goods, easier to handle for me and better looking finished. win-win

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

Milled some pine for my new shop cabinets. Did the math and at 90 cents a board foot, it’s cheaper than sheet goods, easier to handle for me and better looking finished. win-win

At that price you have me thinking now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a good price for pine. I haven’t bought any in awhile. Your right much easier to work with.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Been working on this re-siding job, installed a new front door today and got some more siding up. Uncovered another squirrel nest in some soffit.

I probably don’t need to tell you but just in case, remember wood moves. The sheets goods are dimensionally stable.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@brianpeters wow bad water damage did it stay on the exterior of the house only or find it’s way in the interior walls ?

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

@brianpeters wow bad water damage did it stay on the exterior of the house only or find it’s way in the interior walls ?

I haven’t seen any damage inside, which is a good thing. I don’t know if the pic shows it or not, but a lot of the missing wood in the soffit area, the rafter tail for example, has been chewed away by squirrels.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Been working on this re-siding job, installed a new front door today and got some more siding up. Uncovered another squirrel nest in some soffit.

Geeze, very destructive little guys,
    Any chance that they try to find that nest after you fix it all up. If they can chew threw wood, I can’t see a problem with very thin aluminum?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Geeze, very destructive little guys,
    Any chance that they try to find that nest after you fix it all up. If they can chew threw wood, I can’t see a problem with very thin aluminum?

I don’t think so. The biggest problem was when this house was built, there were some holes left big enough for them to get in. I’m gonna fix that.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I did get to do a little work on the bathroom shelves eventually this afternoon.

How will you finish that shelf edge where it’s all partial board looking?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

loaded a load of septic tanks and chambers goin g to washington

Clev08
    Pro

Finally finished cleaning up my sander and got a new belt in it. Tomorrow I will be taking in a leaky tire to get patched and changing out a dead headlight bulb.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Started on cleaning up a corner of the shop that has been bugging me for a while. Feels good to get some more storage.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,008 total)

The topic ‘V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.769 seconds