dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The 18″ precision triangle was a One-Time Tool, which sold for $180. The rep who gave it to me had 3 of them at his house…and an insane amount of other tools still in boxes. They send him so much stuff that he literally doesn’t even know what he has…and I’m beyond jealous!

As for the lottery ticket…I think I’ll take your suggestion. Its been a great month or so! The best I’ve ever had in fact.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

The 18″ precision triangle was a One-Time Tool, which sold for $180. The rep who gave it to me had 3 of them at his house…and an insane amount of other tools still in boxes. They send him so much stuff that he literally doesn’t even know what he has…and I’m beyond jealous!
    As for the lottery ticket…I think I’ll take your suggestion. Its been a great month or so! The best I’ve ever had in fact.

If you are going to have your annual exam, tell the doctor to leave the horseshoe stuck where it is. 🙂

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

If you are going to have your annual exam, tell the doctor to leave the horseshoe stuck where it is. 🙂

Lmao, that’s great news Jon, I hope you can benefit from these connections.

As for the lottery tickets suggested by @clev08 Austin,
    I can send you my contact information just in case Lea.

Jk, fingers crossed for you and your family.
    Good luck with that.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I had a lot of running around fixing little problems today – a backed up gutter, leaking sink, got my volunteer set up with a trailer and tools to get mulch spread, picked up a few parts at the hardware store, sent out a few emails, and then, at the end of the day, I finally got back to working on the shelves for the bathroom.

I met with a guy this afternoon to discuss building new cabinet doors….turns out he is a sales rep for Woodpeckers. AND he happens to live in my neighborhood! A Festool guy two weeks ago and now a Woodpeckers guy…

Spoils of my meeting:

That is some awesome meeting swag!
    That’s a good contact to hang onto! I can’t imagine having more tools than I know what to do with…seems like blasphemy to me!

Charlie

Instagram

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I’ve been working on a few cabinets for reruns wife’s closet. About ready for paint.

Nice job Ron, that’s for the master bedroom closet I presume?
    Hopefully Bob gets us a few pictures of the finished master bathroom,
    What’s the finishing going to be on those cabinets Ron.

Thanks Brian. They will get a gloss white paint. His wife would paint everything white if rerun would allow it. lol

She knows the golden rule…..white never goes out of style.

yeah but to much white will blind ya
    and asoon as things get cleaned up and in order ill be posting a lot of pictures

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I met with a guy this afternoon to discuss building new cabinet doors….turns out he is a sales rep for Woodpeckers. AND he happens to live in my neighborhood! A Festool guy two weeks ago and now a Woodpeckers guy…

Spoils of my meeting:

I like the color,, I’m sure it’s a nice square And for the price you can’t go wrong.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

What a great contact to have. Did you offer to do some field testing for him?

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Spoils of my meeting:

Oh man what a score. Congrats on the new tool. Enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Finished off boarding a house, then went to look at a reno a good friend wants me to take over since his back wont allow him to finish. Going to be tight to squeeze it in, but I definitely don’t want to leave him stuck.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Called in for a hot work permit
    Will be setting up the filling station to do the Cesium transfer today.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Man he’d be a good one to keep on your friends list. Nice score Jon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

So much so that I’m thinking of building the doors at about 20% over cost! Probably won’t be that steep of a discount, but I’m considering it!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

So much so that I’m thinking of building the doors at about 20% over cost! Probably won’t be that steep of a discount, but I’m considering it!

Yea I would do something. But not sure I would go that far. lol
    Are you building the doors or ordering them? I have found sometimes I can order as cheep or even cheaper than I can pay myself to build them. But the delivery time can be longer than I want to wait.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Spoils of my meeting:

Oh man what a score. Congrats on the new tool. Enjoy.

Ditto here Jon. Hope there’s more freebies to come. 👍

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Lot’s of wood splitting over the last couple of weeks. We ran out of seasoned stuff and are into stuff we took down last fall. Not the driest, so splitting it small makes it burn better. I guess the chimney will have a bit more build up in it this year than what we usually get. Not really concerned about it though. What I am concerned about is the weather and it sucking the motivation out of me to be in the shop.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Started the second phase of a fence project that we initially started late last year. We put up around 400 linear feet of decorative aluminum fence in the first phase and will be putting up an additional 200 feet or so and and an powered driveway gate this go around.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I hope yesterday was my last day in dealing with a series of water related problems. First there was the clogged kitchen sink drain a week ago Monday that took me on and off 4 days to initially resolve only to recur on Sunday but for which was a much easier fix.

Then we had the severe ice storm on the weekend which really killed my back trying to break and scrape off the driveway for a good chunk of the day on Sunday. But the killer was yesterday when the roof started leaking due to excess slush on the roof and gutter into my attic and subsequentially into the living areas in the house.

Climbing into my cramped attic already sore as heck from Sunday to work to contain the damage and clean up water along with getting on my roof afterwards to de-slush a good stretch on the affected gutter area in the freezing rain on an icy and slushy roof was not a gift, but it had to be done. Thankfully, my 14 yo son’s school closed due to the weather and he really helped to be my helper saving me a lot of back and forth work grabbing me things I needed while in the attic or later on my roof.

This leaky roof issue happened twice within a month two years ago, but this was the first time I was dealing with it as it was happening, so now I’ve got a much better idea where the problem is and how I’m gonna go about correcting it come this summer. It’s only happening when we get a heavy slush and ice event coming at us from the south which is pretty rare.

My lower back started cramping up real bad last nite and this morning I couldn’t even bend enough to put on my socks and I need a long walking staff to get myself up from sitting. I took a powerful muscle relaxant drug and I’m waiting for that to kick in. Gonna be Mr. Dopey for the next day or two. This stuff really knocks me out. Gonna watch some sports and do some Netflix binge watchin when I’m not sleepin on and off. Hope to be over this by Thursday at the latest.

If I start posting real dumbass stuff, it’s the Cyclobenzaprene talking and not Doobie! Lol!

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Lot’s of wood splitting over the last couple of weeks. We ran out of seasoned stuff and are into stuff we took down last fall. Not the driest, so splitting it small makes it burn better. I guess the chimney will have a bit more build up in it this year than what we usually get. Not really concerned about it though. What I am concerned about is the weather and it sucking the motivation out of me to be in the shop.

I feel weather is sucking the motivation out me as well. I hope we have some nicer weather soon.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

painted more cabinet doors this morning and got in the truck drove 350 miles so I can load in the morning for Washington think ill go through montana on the way there

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I paint today

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,008 total)

The topic ‘V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 3.978 seconds