dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Took the day off to chill with the baby, but still found time to get some invoices and quotes taken care of. The paper work never ends!

Here are the pictures from our last house flip. This house was a real mess when we started. It had been empty for years.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2620-Hayne-Rd-Akron-OH-44312/35383099_zpid/

Wow, that’s beautiful Ron, just imagine, I could have my shop, the wife could have her garage and arts and crafts shop,
    Amazing how much land they have
    Great job Ron.

@Masterbosch
    nice job Ibrahim, is that for a rain shower head?
    What’s the dead bolt for? The front door?

Not much different from the ordinary for me, more glass blowing, started another bake out,

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Finished the job I started yesterday, got finished pics.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the rest of reruns cabinets cutout and the boxes assembled today. Faces tomorrow.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Here are the pictures from our last house flip. This house was a real mess when we started. It had been empty for years.

Wow, that’s beautiful Ron, just imagine, I could have my shop, the wife could have her garage and arts and crafts shop,
    Great job Ron.

@masterbosch nice job Ibrahim, is that for a rain shower head?

Not much different from the ordinary for me, more glass blowing, started another bake out,

Yes the shop was really nice . Looked like the previous owner had a wood shop in the small block building. I don’t think the bigger building was used much. We really didn’t do to much to either of the out buildings. My boss sold the trees on the property and they should be cutting them this month. I was rather surprised that he got $25k for the timber.

My boss sold the trees on the property and they should be cutting them this month. I was rather surprised that he got $25k for the timber.

Wood is a valuable commodity so I can see that happening. I know a number of folks who have made good money selling off their hardwood trees on their extra acreage. Smart move.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

Got the rest of reruns cabinets cutout and the boxes assembled today. Faces tomorrow.

looking good mamas going to be happy

assembled EFCO panels and set them with the crane

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ripping miles of timber strand today. We are doing most of the framing with it. We got a new Skil Table Saw to try out.

Nice. What’s your thought’s on the Skil table saw?

First thoughts are the saw works good and the stand is great with the big 10 or 12 inch wheels one it. One thing that could be better is a place to store the blade guard on the side of the saw so we could easily grab it if OSHA walks up. We had too much rain to set it up today. I’ll get back to you after we put a thousand feet or so of timber strand through it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Ripping miles of timber strand today. We are doing most of the framing with it. We got a new Skil Table Saw to try out.

Nice. What’s your thought’s on the Skil table saw?

First thoughts are the saw works good and the stand is great with the big 10 or 12 inch wheels one it. One thing that could be better is a place to store the blade guard on the side of the saw so we could easily grab it if OSHA walks up. We had too much rain to set it up today. I’ll get back to you after we put a thousand feet or so of timber strand through it.

I don’t work on mobile sites, so my gts1031’s are always set up in the shops, but I never have the guards on – they’re such a hassle and make it so much more difficult to use. But I would be way more likely to use them if they weren’t such a pain to get at, just like you’re saying with the skilsaw table saw. They seem like very similar saws (skilsaws was modeled on the gts I believe) and it seems like that could have been an easy place to do some updates.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today we took the roof off the remodel we’ve been working on.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

You sure have a nice view from there!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

What a great place to work Dirty ! It must feel like your on vacation everyday there. Looks like some precision cuts taking that roof off.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Great scenery to work in Dirty. That is sure a nice area where you are working. Enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

So that’s what a multi million dollar view looks like.

Not sure who took the roof off, but they sure did a nice job cutting.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That remodel is going to be just stunning. Very well planned work and the view I’m sure can be distracting at times. A real dream job!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Great job Ron.

@masterbosch nice job Ibrahim, is that for a rain shower head?

Yes the shop was really nice . Looked like the previous owner had a wood shop in the small block building. I don’t think the bigger building was used much. We really didn’t do to much to either of the out buildings. My boss sold the trees on the property and they should be cutting them this month. I was rather surprised that he got $25k for the timber.

What, really not all those trees 🙁
    Certainly has plenty on the lot,

Wow, that’s a beautiful view,
    What are they removing the roof for, they going to take advantage of the view and put a roof top terrace?

I finally got out to the shop and made my little jig so I can use my belt sander on its side as an edge sander. It came out pretty much the way I had thought it up in my head.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Started laying a LVP floor in a basement today. Looks pretty good – better than the old, flood damaged carpet that was there lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.443 seconds