dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

@boschmanbrian I didnt fill up a bag on this Reno its maybe less then half 9 gallon fine dust it’s hard to fill up it gets heavy i usually understand from the weight. Vacuum holding up great

Thanks Ibrahim, totally makes sense,
    Great to hear that the vacuum is holding up good,
    I think you have two of them? Is one the 14 gallon

@cmeyer25 thanks Charlie, back in the shop today, not a hundred percent, but gotta pay the bills

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Moving along with shop renos as well as the new entertainment unit. Building a cabinet for the new mortiser with 4 or 5 large drawers.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Apparently my last picture didn’t load, I tried it directly from my phone, so here is a current state picture of the stone walkway for my wife. This is a bit of an experiment, as it is not in my primary skillset.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

At 4 am the place is still all wrapped up and the line to get in is about 25 to 30 people deep…..

Man you were up early to be there at 4 am. Going to make for a long day.

Yea what a Kook LOL!!! It’s like a ritual every year,, we all collect to be able to get the door buster deals. The first guy in line gets to go in and has a minunit to grab all the door busters he wants. There is a limit of one per buster. Also each of the vendors gives him a good tool gift,, like a combo kit or something. So the same guy is always first in line because he gets over 1,000$ in freebies and he gets in line on Wednesday and camps out. We think he sells the door busters on CL or some where??
    Here’s the flyer again..
    http://www.slimspowertools.com/images/stories/specials/monthly_flyer.pdf

Did you get any bargains Dirty? Guess you have to camp out to be first in line. People camp out in the freezing cold here to get black Friday deals. At least its warm there.

Can’t say that I blame the guy. $1000 in free stuff is worth the wait.

The Bosch guys had a good showing,,,They had one booth just for lasers.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Wish they had a sale like that here! Some really good deals.
    Looks like they had plenty of stock there.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Still working on the float house. hard to get anything done when your helper has trouble focusing. lol

Attachments:

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

monman1
    Pro

Got all the plywood done today.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Still working on the float house. hard to get anything done when your helper has trouble focusing. lol

Lol yeah especially when you have the keeter bar out also lol

Looks like a nice spot, did he catch anything

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

A lot of blue boxes there at the sale.

Yea he caught a few. Water is way up with all the rain we have had. Kinda messed up fishing for now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Spent my day straping a basement, and boarding the upstairs. Not exactly how I wanted to start the week, but until we get to start forming and pouring footings there is no real rush to get the roof on the duplex were framing. No sense working ourselves out of work.

stripped footings and assembled and set EFCO forms

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Today I install a exhaust fan,shower drain , preslope mud job, and wonderboard on the floor

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Unclogged that same drain line again today – the daycare really knows how to stop that one up! I used my little scope to make sure I was headed down the right direction and that helped a little but it’s a pretty limitedly useful thing. The auger worked great again, althoughthere’s a piece of what looks like stiff string trimmer line protruding from the auger tip now…I’m guessing that that belongs in the middle of the coil and not poking out, but I can’t get it to go back in. Oh well, cheap tools right?

I also finished up he shelving for the bathroom I’ve been working on today too. And I’m really happy with how it turned out.

Charlie

Instagram

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Replaced a couple of old Marvin casement windows with some new Temco casements. Had to remove vinyl siding first, then put it all back. Then had to replace the interior trim as the old didn’t fit the new windows. Put the old shutters back where they were, they should be a little lower, but that’s where they had been before.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We got this floor for the upstairs master BR sheathed today.. It was funn crawling around on our hands and knees.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

We got this floor for the upstairs master BR sheathed today.. It was funn crawling around on our hands and knees.

I have never seen studs like those before. Something new? Take care of those knees!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have never seen studs like those before. Something new? Take care of those knees!

I have seen those studs for a while. A lot of the engineered wood products companies are pushing them. they claim thay will not twist or warp and “stay straight” One of the manufacturers is offering a rebate on them to get them to the price of a regular stud to get you to try them. I have not used them yet but may give it a try.

A lot of builders use them behind kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities where they do not want a bow in the wall.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Up early this morning. Got some running around to do then I have meet my wife and daughter then off to next city for my daughters doctor appointment. Then I have go to work after all this. Looks like it will be a busy day.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

A lot of blue boxes there at the sale.

Yea he caught a few. Water is way up with all the rain we have had. Kinda messed up fishing for now.

Yes, it’s been a weird and wet winter, and spring, hopefully we don’t see flooding like last spring.

Just called for my work permit, Going to be doing the liquid nitrogen filling the pumps, then test for leaks, if none, starting another bake out of the system.

I did some more outdoor work, including working on my sandstone walking path, an some welding on a recycled garden arbor, I am planning on building a cedar arbor for a more prominent place so this one was a bit of a trial.

Will

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.909 seconds