dcsimg

V-33 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,003 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 1 hour, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.

Here’s the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-32-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve been working on a few cabinets for reruns wife’s closet. About ready for paint.

Attachments:

Ron

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I’ve been working on a few cabinets for reruns wife’s closet. About ready for paint.

Nice job Ron, that’s for the master bedroom closet I presume?
    Hopefully Bob gets us a few pictures of the finished master bathroom,
    What’s the finishing going to be on those cabinets Ron.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks Brian. They will get a gloss white paint. His wife would paint everything white if rerun would allow it. lol

Ron

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I didn’t do alot yesterday. I end showing my daughter how to repair the stripped screw holes in seat of a chair. I picked another size screws at the Hardware store. They were still to small. Good thing I got they for 10% discount with Scratch & Save sale on. So I decided to drill the hole out and insert a dowel. I used some odds & ends of dowels I got at a auction a few years ago. Chair is now fixed and my daughter learnt something to boot.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Plowed snow for 11 hours over night, more again tonight. Just finished making an ankh for my daughter that she needs for a school project.

Time to get some sleep now, so I can do it again tonight.

After working on the jewelry box for a while, I started cleaning up and removing stuff (tools, router table, cutting table etc.) from the other bay in the garage in order to make room to bring in the vehicles and change tires from winter to all-season later this week.

Will

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

ron got the cabinets built and we got them primed and ready for tomorrow

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Aside from spending hours breaking up frozen ice and snow today, the damn kitchen sink clogged again. This time I knew where to go and deal with it and have new cleanouts that made the unclogging under an hour this time. I must have left some clumps from the previous clog I thought I had done correctly and finished dealing with two days ago.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Plowed snow for 11 hours over night, more again tonight. Just finished making an ankh for my daughter that she needs for a school project.

Winter does not want to go away does it. Be careful Kurt!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Aside from spending hours breaking up frozen ice and snow today, the damn kitchen sink clogged again. This time I knew where to go and deal with it and have new cleanouts that made the unclogging under an hour this time. I must have left some clumps from the previous clog I thought I had done correctly and finished dealing with two days ago.

Nice that you knew what to do this time around though!

What kind of pipe are you dealing with? Cast?

Charlie

Instagram

Clev08
    Pro

@kurtwelkerhomes-com Sounds like good money if nothing else. What is your truck and plow set up? Do you have a crew of plows or do you plow by yourself?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@kurtwelkerhomes-com Sounds like good money if nothing else. What is your truck and plow set up? Do you have a crew of plows or do you plow by yourself?

I mostly plow with the skid loader, I have a pickup plow also. That takes care of most of our stuff and we sub to another largo plowing company with the skid loader. The money is ok, it really depends on how much snow we get. On an average year I cover my skid loader payments with the plowing and have it the rest of the year to use free. We use a Kage plow on the skid loader and I have another skidloader set up with an 8’ bucket. The truck has a Boss 9’2” “V” plow

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Plowed snow for 11 hours over night, more again tonight.

Man still plowing in mid-April. Guess it is a nice windfall this time of year.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Plowed snow for 11 hours over night, more again tonight.

Man still plowing in mid-April. Guess it is a nice windfall this time of year.

6 1/2 hours last night. We had a little over 8″ plus some rain over the last 48 hours. Not typical for April. I did see one place on the map that had over 20, we typically do not get 20 inches in the whole month.

The real kicker is that they are predicting another 5 – 8 on Tuesday. Not what I need. Everyone is so ready for spring, Farmers are way behind planting and with Tuesday and the extended forecast, it will be at least 2 weeks before they get started. I have one house to get started and another where we need to pour the floor before we can frame it and that does not look like it will happen soon. Weather like this just set the rest of the year behind.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Thanks Brian. They will get a gloss white paint. His wife would paint everything white if rerun would allow it. lol

She knows the golden rule…..white never goes out of style.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Nice that you knew what to do this time around though!

What kind of pipe are you dealing with? Cast?

1 1/2 ABS. But it’s clogging right where there’s a bend and the line meets the air line which is all right before it goes below my concrete basement floor and bends towards the 4in main which I think is still another five plus feet away under the basement floor.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I met with a guy this afternoon to discuss building new cabinet doors….turns out he is a sales rep for Woodpeckers. AND he happens to live in my neighborhood! A Festool guy two weeks ago and now a Woodpeckers guy…

Spoils of my meeting:

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I was hoping it was going stop raining this morning so I plow the snow bank the snowplow. Now that was quite a job. I cleaned the the rest of the driveway til i got soaked. I left we park are vehicles. Then this afternoon did the sidewalk at my parents.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Clev08
    Pro

I met with a guy this afternoon to discuss building new cabinet doors….turns out he is a sales rep for Woodpeckers. AND he happens to live in my neighborhood! A Festool guy two weeks ago and now a Woodpeckers guy…

Spoils of my meeting:

Wow @jponto07 sounds like you need to buy a lottery ticket! How much does one of those cost?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,004 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 4.839 seconds